PDA

View Full Version : if the nationals trully are rebuilding...

thatcoolguy_22
04-12-2007, 12:22 AM
What would it take to pick up chad cordero. Obviously Weathers/stanton are not the answer.

Also the odds that WK would even deal with Washington again after the last debacle?

jojo
04-12-2007, 06:49 AM
What would it take to pick up chad cordero. Obviously Weathers/stanton are not the answer.

Also the odds that WK would even deal with Washington again after the last debacle?

At the trading deadline.....more than the Reds should be willing to give...

rotnoid
04-12-2007, 07:50 AM
At the trading deadline.....

You'd think that, but we all thought that Soriano was moving too. Sometimes I think Jimbo would rather be right than make the right move.

As for the Reds getting Cordero, no thanks. Let's move on to the next store.

REDREAD
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
I think Wayne probably put Jimbo back on call blocking in Cincy.

But let's say hypothetically that there wasn't bad feelings to worry about.

It's hard to say if Washington is going to want to trade Cordero or keep him as part of the core they want to build around. It's also hard to say whether the owners will go on a spending spree with the new park about to open in hopes of generating excitement. If so, it's doubtful Cordero would be traded for prospects that are more than 1 year away.

as_v_1
04-12-2007, 11:01 AM

Should be forced to give him to us for nothing after screwing us last year.

Degenerate39
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
I'd rather not trade with Washington....ever again.

JaxRed
04-12-2007, 12:19 PM
How many blown saves for Reds so far?

George Anderson
04-12-2007, 12:23 PM
"Fool me once, shame on you................Fool me twice, shame on me"

Hey Meat
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM

I think any trade with the Nationals would be awkward after last year. I would like it if we took our hurt pitchers and traded them to Washington. What would be even better is a trade of Milton to them to make up for the Majewski trade.

registerthis
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
What would it take to pick up chad cordero.

If the Nats are rebuilding, why would they trade away their 25 year old closer who is signed to a reasonable contract?

Just because a team is in dire straits doesn't mean they are in a position to be robbed of all talent.

I(heart)Freel
04-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I think any trade with the Nationals would be awkward after last year. I would like it if we took our hurt pitchers and traded them to Washington. What would be even better is a trade of Milton to them to make up for the Majewski trade.

I was seriously thinking the same thing. It's like settling out of court.

The call:

"Jim? Yea it's Wayne here. Yes, that Wayne. I know, I didn't think I'd be calling ever ever again either. Listen, I have an idea. I see your rotation is in shambles. I got this roster predicament. I think we can help each other. No... not like last time. This time I want it to be really fair. Here's what I'm thinking. You take on Milton, hell... we'll even throw in half his salary, and I will call Bud right now and let him know our formal complaint has been dropped. What do ya say, pal-sy?"

Yea, I know I'm dreaming slightly... but I was always told it's good to have dreams.

BuckeyeRedleg
04-12-2007, 01:23 PM
They can have Bray and Majewski or nothing and like it.

OesterPoster
04-12-2007, 01:43 PM
A quote from one team in regards to the "talent" on the Nationals:

"I've been watching that team, just to see if we might want to [trade] for someone when they start selling," said one front-office man. "I still haven't come up with that someone."

REDblooded
04-12-2007, 02:18 PM
For what Kriv gave up last year, Cordero should've been involved in that deal.

REDREAD
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
II will call Bud right now and let him know our formal complaint has been dropped. What do ya say, pal-sy?"

Yea, I know I'm dreaming slightly... but I was always told it's good to have dreams.

I know you said you are dreaming, but I doubt that formal complaint ever gets filed. Wayne just seems to dance around the issue every time he is asked. I hope some reporter has the guts to ask Wayne again about the complaint when the statute of limitations expires.

My opinion is that if Wayne had enough info to nail Bowden, he would've filed the complaint by September at the latest to save his own reputation.

Tom Servo
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
If the Nats are rebuilding, why would they trade away their 25 year old closer who is signed to a reasonable contract?

Just because a team is in dire straits doesn't mean they are in a position to be robbed of all talent.
Well they shouldn't just be looking to give Cordero away, but Cordero could certainly bring in a king's ransom that could help rebuild the Nats farm system. Having a good closer is a luxury that a 100+ loss team can live without. And you never know when a good closer (Lidge) will bust out on you, so I think the Nationals should definatly be shopping Cordero for some starting pitching prospects.

Dracodave
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
If the Nats are rebuilding...

Who the hell do they have to trade?? Everyone on that team pretty much sucks..Save Zimmerman.

BRM
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
If the Nats are rebuilding...

Who the hell do they have to trade?? Everyone on that team pretty much sucks..Save Zimmerman.

I'm sure Ryan Church has value. Kearns and Lopez are good players as well although that's hard for a lot of people to admit.

registerthis
04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Well they shouldn't just be looking to give Cordero away, but Cordero could certainly bring in a king's ransom that could help rebuild the Nats farm system. Having a good closer is a luxury that a 100+ loss team can live without. And you never know when a good closer (Lidge) will bust out on you, so I think the Nationals should definatly be shopping Cordero for some starting pitching prospects.

If the Nats decide to start trading folks, I don't think Cordero will be first in line. If he was 30 instead of 25, there might be a more convincing case.

In any event, it's a moot point because, at $37 million, the Nats' payroll isn't going to go any lower, and the majority of fans typically arent happy about established, popular stars being jettisoned for prospects, even if it might improve the club in the long haul. Unless a truly unbelieveable offer comes forth for Cordero, I doubt you'll see him going anywhere. And, I think you'd agree, the Reds would be foolish to offer up anything close to "unbelieveable" for Cordero.

registerthis
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm sure Ryan Church has value. Kearns and Lopez are good players as well although that's hard for a lot of people to admit.

Zimmerman too. In fact, he'd be the one I'd be pursuing, questions about E_E notwithstanding.

Dracodave
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Ryan Chruch is decent but not "we gotta trade for this guy!" good. Kearns and Lopez are decent players, but untill they can become consistent, I'll spare the "good" part.