PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Josh Hamilton!!!!!

WVPacman
04-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Sorry to start another Hamilton topic but I thought he deserves one just about him. I am really pulling hard for this guy and I hope he can continue his dream in the majors and im thinking hes on the right track.The last two games has just amazed me of what this guy is capible to do in a game.I was one that said we should bring him into games slowly b/c it could mess him up... Well im proud to admit I was wrong and he should get a chance to play atleast 3-4 days a week.I an't congratulating him on just how well he is playing!! I also want to congratulate him on turning his life around and proving all the naysayers wrong that he is a changed man

We the Cincinnati Reds fans should be honored(and I know we are)to have him on our team playing for the reds.Congrats Josh and keep up the great work!!!!!

HumnHilghtFreel
04-12-2007, 01:33 AM
I don't know if "honored" is a word I'd use. I'm happy to have him here, but more than anything I think he should be the one honored to be playing and getting a legit shot.

I really hope he can keep it up, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

WVPacman
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM
I don't know if "honored" is a word I'd use. I'm happy to have him here, but more than anything I think he should be the one honored to be playing and getting a legit shot.

I really hope he can keep it up, he's quickly becoming one of my favorite players.

Your right man!! I agree completly after all we were the ones that gave him another chance.I to hope he can stay on the right track.That was my mistake,I just got cought up in wrighting the post b/c I really want to see this guy succeed.

TeamBoone
04-12-2007, 02:14 AM

And he does feel honored. There have been many articles stating same or similar remarks from him. He's a very humble guy.

HumnHilghtFreel
04-12-2007, 02:18 AM
And he does feel honored. There have been many articles stating same or similar remarks from him. He's a very humble guy.

I realize that. Lord knows there hasn't been a shortage of articles for me to see it:)

Like I said, glad to have him.

MrCinatit
04-12-2007, 08:07 AM
Seriously, right writer and right director, this is an Oscar winning story in the making.

Redsland
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Seriously, right writer and right director, this is an Oscar winning story in the making.
What's the title? A thought that occurs to me is "Crack of the Bat."

:dunno:

Degenerate39
04-12-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm starting to like the idea of Josh platooning with Freel and subing in for Griff when he needs a day off. Freel can't play every day successfully so that's where Josh would come in. Not to mention he's a fan-favorite right now so it works out perfectly.

smith288
04-12-2007, 11:59 AM
What's the title? A thought that occurs to me is "Crack of the Bat."

:dunno:
Delightfully tasteless. Like Hooters.

michst
04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Well one sportswriter hasn't jumped on the bandwagon. Keith Law thinks the reds should try to send him down to AA or AAA.

From his chat:

Brad, Columbus OH: What should the Reds do with Hamilton?? 2 HR in 2 starts, plus fielder, where do they find a spot for him?

Keith Law: What they should do is work out a deal with Tampa so that they can send him to AA or AAA and let him play every day. I think if they make him a regular in the majors, he's going to struggle big-time. There is really no precedent for a hitter to miss that amount of time and come right back and perform well at a higher level of ball. Look at Jason Kubel - he missed a year, and his first year back was a huge disappointment.

Gavin, Alta UT: I understand your point on Hamilton and there being "no precedent" for his playing well after missing so much time. But consider, some guys are just that good. No one jumped to the NBA out off high school until Moses Malone. Griffey pretty much skipped the minors. He deserves to start every day in the majors in the OF with Dunn @ 1B and Hatteberg to platoon/pinch hitting duties.

Keith Law: Griffey didn't go two-plus years without facing live pitching.

Jim (Kentucky): In regards to Hamilton, I wonder if you have any research available on any success players had returning to the majors from WWII?

Keith Law: Those players were in the majors before they left; Hamilton wasn't. WWII veterans also came back to an all-white league playing a far lower caliber of baseball than we have today in MLB.

BCubb2003
04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
At this point, Hamilton hasn't faced major league pitching for about 15 hours.

Of course, it's a game of adjustments, and pitchers will adjust to him, and he'll have to adjust to them. He'll slump, and we'll start to wonder. But doesn't he already bring more than Wily Mo did for all that time?

Tom Servo
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
It's honestly mind boggling to me that we're even to the point where Hamilton dominated in spring training and already now has 2 homeruns in the 2007 MLB season. Absoluetly crazy.

Chip R
04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Well one sportswriter hasn't jumped on the bandwagon. Keith Law thinks the reds should try to send him down to AA or AAA.

By all means, send him down because this feel good story is deflecting writers' and fans' attention away from where it rightfully belongs: On the Red Sox and Yankees. We need some more people covering Dice-K and ARod because no one knows what is going on with them.