PDA

View Full Version : Video of Gonzo's plays

Dunner44
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Hey all,

Stuck up here in cubs land, I don't get to see many reds games, although I should get to see at least two in the next three days. But I haven't had a chance to see any of Gonzo's playsat short, though I've heard they are nothing short of spectacular. Does anyone have a link to video of any of his plays? Like the near DP last night for example? Thanks!

Doro
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM
he hasnt really made any really big plays yet.... the one last night was pretty good but I wouldnt even call it webgem quality. I expect some sooner or later.

HotCorner
04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
the one last night was pretty good but I wouldnt even call it webgem quality.

I have to disagree. I've never seen a SS make the play he did last night. The problem for Gonzo is that he made it look so smooth and effortless it didn't appear to be difficult - which is quite the opposite.

dougdirt
04-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I am with hotcorner on this. That play last night was very good.

blumj
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
I have to disagree. I've never seen a SS make the play he did last night. The problem for Gonzo is that he made it look so smooth and effortless it didn't appear to be difficult - which is quite the opposite.
Which is why he almost never gets webgems. He makes it look too easy.

MartyFan
04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I watched the highlights on MLB.com of the Reds...they didn't include Hamiltons Homer...but they did include the DP that Phillips and Gonzo turned...dude, Gonzo gliding across 2B to throw to 1B was as smooth as I've seen since Larkin...I mean, it was flat out graceful.

I am loving having him here.