PDA

View Full Version : Just perusing the Yahoo Reds Page - Individual Leaders, Signs of Things to Come?!?!

BLEEDS
04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/cin

Individual Leaders

STAT PLAYER TOTAL
AVG A. Dunn .353
HR A. Dunn 4
RBI A. Dunn 7
R A. Dunn 7
SB R. Freel 4
W A. Harang 2
SV D. Weathers 3
IP B. Arroyo 14.0
ERA M. Belisle 1.50

Anybody else get the feeling that those people are going to REMAIN in those positions the whole year, just the numbers changing?

Okay, so Dunner may not win the Reds Battle Title, but the rest of them I'd be willing to put money on.

HR's - no Brainer.
Runs - with Dunn batting 2nd, yep.
SB - who else will steal more than 10?
W's - Harang seems to get more run support.
SV - More Stormy 9th innings are forecast
IP - Arroyo will pitch 7+ innings probably every start. He can pitch on 3 days rest. Rubber arm indeed. He'll never miss a start and never get skipped. Harang is more likely to take an earlier exit in games.
ERA - I like the way Belisle handles a game. His stuff is very unfamiliar to people, especially early. They might figure him out the 3rd or 4th time around, but he could very well keep the lowest ERA on the team.

JMO - what's y'alls?

PEACE

-BLEEDS

Joseph
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Batting average on this team could end up in a lot of players hands, even Dunn if he's truly turned the corner. Picking that title is pretty hard to do.

Steals could also go to Phillips, though I agree Freel will win it barring injury or trade.

ERA will probably go to Harang or Arroyo over the course of the season, though Belisle is doing nothing wrong at this point.

If Eddie is back in June, he'll get the saves crown for the team as well.

redsmetz
04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I think you're right that it's doubtful that Dunn will lead the team in average (but that would be something). We haven't had a team Triple Crown winner since Eric Davis did it in 1989.

Regarding stolen bases, Phillips had 25 last year and I think it's possible Hamilton could have some too, very possibly more than 10. I'd like to see EE pick up that part of his game too (he had 6 last year, Dunn had 7).

bucksfan2
04-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Freel, Phillips, Hamilton, and a focused Dunn will all steal 10+ bases. If played every day I think Hamilton can go 20 hrs 20 SB this season.

HR's - Dunn
Runs - Dunn
W's - Harang will win 16+
SV - ?? Dont know. Hopefully a young gun takes over late. Maybe Santos
IP - Arroyo
ERA - Harang. Will get serious CY Young consideration this year.

rotnoid
04-12-2007, 01:07 PM
The only place I disagree with you is ERA. Harang and Arroyo have both had "rough for them" outings in one of their two starts this year. The small sample size is skewing what they'll do over the long haul. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Arroyo, but only because he was slightly better in that regard last year.