PDA

View Full Version : The thing I am proud of.

adampad
04-12-2007, 04:54 PM
One thing has changed in the recent past. I believe it comes with the new ownership. Less and less does the pay check, popularity, age, ect. of a player matters. What is becoming clear is that these guys want to win. A lot of moves may be critisized but they are all being done for the right purposes. Griffey to right, "the trade", benching Edwin, moving Milton's start back. These things show me the Reds management finally cares, compared to the past when we ran Jimmy Haynes out there everyday or when they had a fire sale after every All Star Break.

Ron Madden
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd rather see Belisle pitch Monday and push Milton back to Tuesday.

redsfan30
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM

Must have tickets for Monday night.

:D

Ron Madden
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Must have tickets for Monday night.

:D

Nah, Just want to delay any and all Milton starts as long as possible. ;)

Degenerate39
04-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Agreed

6-4-3
04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Less and less does the pay check, popularity, age, ect. of a player matters.

I don't completely agree with this statement. For example, Griffey Jr. hit a ball off the wall against the Pirates in which he didn't hustle and got a single. It could have been very costly because it set up a potential double play in a tight game.

Narrons move with Edwin after seeing the footage I don't agree with, based on a difference in managerial philosophy...but regardless there's not the same stance taken across the board.

I would also point to Eric Milton still being in the starting rotation, because of his salary. You can push his start back all you want, but he is still going to start. When he is cleary not in the top 5 options for a starter within the Reds organization.

To shorten my point, the above things mentioned will always somehow affect the decision process regardless of what ball club it is.

jimbo
04-12-2007, 07:32 PM

I'd rather see Belisle pitch Monday and Milton pushed back to November.

rotnoid
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd rather see Belisle pitch Monday and Milton pushed back to November.

Here's to snow in Chicago giving us another day to rest the top 4. :beerme: