PDA

View Full Version : Any Zoner's in Mid-TN?

LvJ
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Hiya folks,

Haven't been around in quite some time. I recently departed from Kentucky to Nashville, and I absolutely love it. I'm trying to see if Comcast will give me Fox Sports Ohio, but other than that and the fact I am soooo far away from the GAB, I really am enjoying my new humble shanty.

Anywho, to the point - are there any other Zoner's down south here?

Larry. :beerme:

James B.
04-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I live in Cookeville, Tennessee. It takes a little over an hour to drive to Nashville from Cookeville. I have direct t.v. and the reds are the home team in Cookeville. I can watch all of the games on fox sports Cinn.

bengalsown
04-14-2007, 12:09 AM
I live in Cookeville, Tennessee. It takes a little over an hour to drive to Nashville from Cookeville. I have direct t.v. and the reds are the home team in Cookeville. I can watch all of the games on fox sports Cinn.

I've got lots of family down in Jamestown!

Red Heeler
04-14-2007, 08:05 AM
I live in Chickamauga, GA (20 min. south of Chattanooga) right now, but I am moving back to Cookeville in July.

Blimpie
04-14-2007, 08:58 AM
I live in Chickamauga, GA (20 min. south of Chattanooga) right now, but I am moving back to Cookeville in July.Great state park you have near there, my friend...

Falls City Beer
04-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Lived in Nashville for one year. Loved every minute of it--the George Jones shows (and his truck crashes making news). Ate at a great restaurant in Cookeville once--had breakfast there (got snowed in upon returning from Fall Creek Falls). Can't remember the name of the place, but it was excellent--little ma and pa joint.

nate
04-14-2007, 10:52 AM
I'm in Nashville. All the Reds games are blacked out on Comcast but I'll have to look into the FSN thing on the dish. Gameday, game threads and chat just aren't the same as seeing the real thing.

The wife is indulging me in taking a trip up to Cinci to take in a weekend series. I'd also like to get out to Chattanooga and Louisville to take in some minor league games.

James B.
04-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I've got lots of family down in Jamestown!

I've been there many times. I played against them when I was playing football in high school.

LvJ
04-14-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm in Nashville. All the Reds games are blacked out on Comcast but I'll have to look into the FSN thing on the dish. Gameday, game threads and chat just aren't the same as seeing the real thing.

The wife is indulging me in taking a trip up to Cinci to take in a weekend series. I'd also like to get out to Chattanooga and Louisville to take in some minor league games.

Dang, that sucks bout' Comcast. It isn't the same, man. Not at all. *Sigh* :(

I'd love to head to Cincy, but since my fiancee' isn't quite into sports, It's harder for me to make such a trip that only I'd really enjoy, heh. I'll figure something out.

Good too see some south bounders.

IslandRed
04-14-2007, 05:14 PM
I live outside Nashville. On Comcast, Fox Sports South picked up a number of Reds games (rebroadcasts from FSN Ohio) last year. Not so many this year so far, I'm not sure if it's because NBA and NHL is still going on, or because Fox Sports South will be picking up more Braves this year, or what. I have to rely on XM for most games.

LvJ
04-14-2007, 08:56 PM
I live outside Nashville. On Comcast, Fox Sports South picked up a number of Reds games (rebroadcasts from FSN Ohio) last year. Not so many this year so far, I'm not sure if it's because NBA and NHL is still going on, or because Fox Sports South will be picking up more Braves this year, or what. I have to rely on XM for most games. Oh, hi there. I live in Hermitage actually. We're close. I did notice FSSouth are picking up some games, so that is nice. I got to watch one the other night.

Heath
04-14-2007, 11:06 PM
I live outside Nashville. On Comcast, Fox Sports South picked up a number of Reds games (rebroadcasts from FSN Ohio) last year. Not so many this year so far, I'm not sure if it's because NBA and NHL is still going on, or because Fox Sports South will be picking up more Braves this year, or what. I have to rely on XM for most games.

Wow having IslandRed separated from the Reds is like eating PBJ & without bread with two hands tied behind your back.

Sorry about that.

durl
04-17-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm in Hendersonville...just north of Nashville.

Like James B. said, Directv will make it possible to catch Reds games if you order the Sports Pack. It's a great thing for a Reds fan in middle TN.

LvJ
04-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm in Hendersonville...just north of Nashville.

Like James B. said, Directv will make it possible to catch Reds games if you order the Sports Pack. It's a great thing for a Reds fan in middle TN. Too bad I'm already with Comcast. Sigh. :( Ah well.

Hendersonville is really nice.