PDA

View Full Version : Letter to Marty re: Steve Finley

edabbs44
04-14-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey Marty,
Steve Finley is currently 1-19 with Colorado with 0 runs scored and 1 RBI. Just thought you should know.

Sincerely,
The RZ Faithful

Raisor
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey Marty,
Steve Finley is currently 1-19 with Colorado with 0 runs scored and 1 RBI. Just thought you should know.

Sincerely,
The RZ Faithful

He does have a young body though.

KronoRed
04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Bet he hustles when he grounds out though.

LoganBuck
04-14-2007, 12:18 PM
You must send one player to the plate for the sake of humanity. They must get a hit. You have only 2 options.

Steve Finley or David Ross

What do you do?

Marc D
04-14-2007, 12:20 PM
You must send one player to the plate for the sake of humanity. They must get a hit. You have only 2 options.

What do you do?

Flip a coin and say my goodbye's

Degenerate39
04-14-2007, 12:21 PM

What do you do?

Ross and then make my peace with God

dougdirt
04-14-2007, 12:22 PM

What do you do?

Pray.

Marc D
04-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Pray.

That Milton is the pitcher.

redsupport
04-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I would rather send Al Ferrera

geniusMoment
04-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I'd rather send Bronson Arroyo to the plate. And that says something. I get the feeling Ross is going to be historically bad, I'm talking .120 level bad.

KronoRed
04-14-2007, 12:39 PM
That Milton is the pitcher.

Awesome :laugh:

Always Red
04-14-2007, 12:40 PM

What do you do?

well, it could be worse.

It could be....Chad Moeller...

big boy
04-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey Marty,

Sincerely,
The RZ Faithful

Why would Marty care about this? Is there a link to a quote where Marty said he wants Finley on the Reds?

KronoRed
04-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Why would Marty care about this? Is there a link to a quote where Marty said he wants Finley on the Reds?

I believe he mentioned it in a bunch of the hot stove chats this off season.

membengal
04-14-2007, 01:05 PM

For about three weeks as spring training opened, it was all he seemed to talk about on various hot stove leagues and other WLW sports talk shows...

Redsland
04-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Marty (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54322&highlight=finley) on Finley (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54459&highlight=finley), courtesy (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54627&highlight=finley) of Chip (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54776&highlight=finley):

1/31/07 Marty said he's a big Rowand fan. He also said that he'd take a long look at Steve Finley but he's not the GM and the Reds aren't that keen on him. (Marty must need a 4th for Canasta).

2/7/07 The first caller asked about Steve Finley's availability and if the Reds were interested in picking him up. Marty said he'd be interested in picking him up. (Yes, Marty, we know you have these inexplicable crushes on 40 something ballplayers.) Marty said he thinks he's still available and Thom feels like he has a lot of game left. (Yep. When I want to know if a ballplayer is good, Thom Brennaman is the first person I'd ask. Geez, if Thom and Marty were running the show, we'd see so many 40 year old guys in here it'd make Wayne and Jerry blush.) Marty doesn't believe that the Reds have any interest in him. (Maybe for Marty's birthday next year, Finley and Conine can jump out of a cake for him) The caller agrees that Finley still has something left in the tank. (This is a prime example of fans taking Marty's word as gospel. Marty mentions Finley would be a great signing and the next thing you know, people are calling up asking if the Reds have any interest in him and they believe he's still a good player. I swear, Marty could say the Reds should sign Robert Redford cause he looked so good in The Natural and the next week, someone would ask if the Reds had any interest in signing him.)

2/14/07 After commercial, the next caller asked if Marty was surprised that the Reds didn't bring another LH OFer in to back Freel up like Burnitz or (here it comes) Steve Finley. Marty said that there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in Finley and he's surprised by that but Marty thinks he can play because Thom said so. (I thought it was nice that Marty professed his man-love for Finley on Valentine's Day). Marty said just because he is over 40 doesn't mean he can't play and that one bad year was a fluke.

2/21/07 The caller asked Marty if he asked Wayne about Steve Finley. Marty said he's given up on that. He talked to Jerry about it today and he's yet to get a straight answer other than that Jerry said that he heard Finley wants to play on the west coast. Marty feels beggars can't be choosers. Marty said he's stated his case and no one listens to him (Thank God!)