PDA

View Full Version : Is Wayne still trying to swing a deal?

sonny
04-15-2007, 07:13 AM
For a right handed bat? Just wondering.

Redlegs
04-15-2007, 08:56 AM
I would think Mr. Krivsky is always looking to make a deal to better the club.

jmac
04-15-2007, 09:48 AM
I have said the reds need some right handed pop off the bench. Problem is...if they had the right handed pop, they would probably be in starting lineup !

Degenerate39
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't know who we could even trade for some Right Handed Power

membengal
04-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Is I Wayne like an ipod?

wheels
04-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Is I Wayne like an ipod?

Huh? :confused: :D

Kc61
04-15-2007, 12:43 PM

"right handed pop."

If Wayne gets a right handed bat, it has to be a trade for a fairly major guy. A first baseman makes the most sense, but he has to be a significant upgrade over Hatte/Conine.

jojo
04-15-2007, 12:49 PM
For a right handed bat? Just wondering.

are you sugesting Krivsky is a swinger????????

:eek:

RedEye
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I heard Wily Mo Pena and Austin Kearns might be available...

dougdirt
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
are you sugesting Krivsky is a swinger????????

:eek:

Talk about something I never want to hear again!

membengal
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM

They edited the title of the thread. Used to say "I Wayne trying to swing a deal?"

I liked it better the other way...

ED44
04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I wonder what Detroit would want for Marcus Thames? He's got a lot of pop and is the odd man out in their OF.

Marc D
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Better question is what on earth do we have to trade that any GM not named Dan O might value?

Frenchie, Milty and JR have zero to less than zero trade value.

Hatnine's replacement isn't ready and the Hatte portion isn't exactly helping his trade value right now. Conine portion is the only RH bat we have as we speak.

Stanton and Weathers are still needed.

Freel is there IF you take that gamble on Hamilton but there goes your only leadoff hitter and his IF flexibility.

IMO, we aren't at that "one guy away" stage to even consider selling off any, of the few we have, prospects.

Dunn would bring a haul (hopefully) but guts the offense and your taking the Hamilton mega-gamble again.

All in all I just don't see what he can trade right now and after the last fleecing I don't want to see him pull another mid season stunner.

Degenerate39
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM
I wonder what the Yankees would give us for Milton?

jojo
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I wonder what the Yankees would give us for Milton?

nothing....they haven't had a losing season since 1992.... just because they are one of the few organisations that can afford to constantly live for the now doesn't mean they are stupid....

T7-niner
04-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Frenchie, Milty and JR have zero to less than zero trade value.

Someone has to need a lefty in the pen. Someone, ANYONE?

UGADaddy
04-15-2007, 07:01 PM
I heard Wily Mo Pena and Austin Kearns might be available...

Yeah, my guess is that they probably will be for a while.

This is somewhat of a dilema. Because if we do acquire a righty with power, we really have no where to put him. We're struggling to find guys playing time as it is. To that, I'm not so sure that the problem is as much that we need another hitter as it is we need our current players to start hitting.

What happened to Ross and Phillips? I know it was unrealistic to think they were going to repeat what each did last year for their respective months of awesomenessm, but I was expecting more than what we're getting out of them. Conine is doing alright, as some posters have already pointed out. Javy is doing well (though I'm not sure as to his specific stats from the right side of the plate). AGon is doing okay.

But the real problem, in my opinion, is that Ross and Phillips need to step it up. If we're going to be making big acqusitions, it needs to be starting pitchers. (Speaking of which, how about Mr. Lohse today? As soon as I put him on my fantasy team, he has soared. You can thank me later. :D )

Will M
04-15-2007, 08:25 PM
IMO Jr should be a platoon player playing 110-120 games in RF vs righties.
Jr isn't going to play 162 games and his numbers vs lefties were poor in 2006.

If we could get someone like Reggie Sanders or Marcus Thames to play RF vs lefties we would be better.
We miss Denorfia who could have played this role.

Let Freel play CF and 'supersub' and Hamilton play CF when Freel doesn't.
I think it puts too much pressure on Hamilton to play CF every day.
Narron wants to avoid putting Hamilton in too many situations where he might struggle - ie he sits vs the tough lefties.

mth123
04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
IMO Jr should be a platoon player playing 110-120 games in RF vs righties.
Jr isn't going to play 162 games and his numbers vs lefties were poor in 2006.

If we could get someone like Reggie Sanders or Marcus Thames to play RF vs lefties we would be better.
We miss Denorfia who could have played this role.

Let Freel play CF and 'supersub' and Hamilton play CF when Freel doesn't.
I think it puts too much pressure on Hamilton to play CF every day.
Narron wants to avoid putting Hamilton in too many situations where he might struggle - ie he sits vs the tough lefties.

I agree with most of that. I might platoon Freel and Hamilton with Freel being supersub against RH. That may be what you had in mind. Not sure.

Sanders would be a big help right now IMO.

wheels
04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I hate beating the proverbial dead horse, but carrying three uber under producing catchers is hamstringing this club.

Even if Wayne can come up with a bat, they've still got the spectre of those three catchers hanging around clogging things up.

It really is a mess. I can't remember a Reds bench ever being this bad and ill fitting.

Heath
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I'd take Reggie Sanders back. Only if for some sentimental reasons. When we make the playoffs this year, we could watch him disappear against the Braves again.

:D

KronoRed
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM
If the Braves make it ;)

REDREAD
04-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Someone has to need a lefty in the pen. Someone, ANYONE?

We could probably get someone to take Frenchie.. But we wouldn't likely get anything significant back in return for him.

Remember what we gave up to get Frenchie (Gernamo).. I'm guessing his market value might be a little less now because there isn't a feeding frenzy for any bullpen arm available right now. Best case, his value is the same as when Wayne picked him up.. But I'm guessing it has fallen.

fearofpopvol1
04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I think Moeller is what is really hurting us. Not that some of our other bench players are outstanding, but justifying his roster spot is really hard to do. Even if the team brought up someone like Hopper that would help this team...

osuceltic
04-16-2007, 09:36 AM
The problem isn't three catchers. The problem is pretty simple. They need their right-handed bats to produce, and they're not. That starts with Encarnacion, who is really struggling. Phillips is almost as bad, and Ross is worse. When all three are struggling at the same time, the lineup is in trouble against lefties.

Those are three starting position players. You can't bench them two weeks into the season. You have to hope they snap out of it and give you what you expect. If they don't, the last two spots on this roster aren't going to mean anything.

jesusfan
04-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I agree... with Encarnacion, Phillips, Freel, Ross, Conine and Gonzo as the righties w/ Jr. and Dunn the lefties we should be alright against Left-handed pitching... Only time will tell, 12 games is a small sample size.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
nothing....they haven't had a losing season since 1992.... just because they are one of the few organisations that can afford to constantly live for the now doesn't mean they are stupid....
They do have 3 SP's on the DL right now, if we gave him away I think there's a chance.