PDA

View Full Version : Next Star QB to be injured is....

cincy jacket
04-17-2007, 02:40 PM
All you Titan fans out there I am very sorry for your loss. Vince Young will be on the cover of Madden 2008 and with that will come a devestating injury that will no doubt ruin your season. All kidding aside though it is pretty neat for such a young guy in your organization to be so highly thought of this quickly:thumbup: . As a Bengals fan I'm just glad it wasn't Carson on there.

http://www.benmaller.com/

camisadelgolf
04-17-2007, 03:28 PM
They picked a mobile quarterback to be on the cover? It's almost as if they're trying to pick people who are practically guaranteed to get injured.

Joseph
04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I guess Peyton Manning refused? Vince is up and coming, but c'mon he isn't even a top 10 QB in my opinion.

Dom Heffner
04-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Vince is up and coming, but c'mon he isn't even a top 10 QB in my opinion.

He's awfully good to be so young. Time will tell, but I like him. He could improve the arm, of course, but I think he'll be better than Vick.

TeamSelig
04-17-2007, 07:52 PM
The only thing I saw was that he won games. Didn't he have like the same amount of INT compared to TDs?

guttle11
04-17-2007, 11:35 PM
He's marketable to the key demographics. That's why he's on the cover.

Glad it's not Chad. :fineprint

CrackerJack
04-18-2007, 01:55 PM
A bit early for Vince to be on a Madden cover IMO - hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet.

I like him too though and will enjoy watching him on Sundays. I don't think Carson, who has 2 Pro Bowl appearances already, has even gotten a cover yet?

Then again they put Vick on there, the most overrated QB in modern history, so it's not a suprise.

I just don't care for QB's in the NFL who have to rely on scrambling ability to make up for their lack of passing skills - they get hurt, have shortened careers, and are inconsistent.

Hopefully Vince can overcome that and force defenses to respect his arm.

RedFanAlways1966
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
You are only as good as your offensive line.

CrackerJack
04-18-2007, 02:28 PM
You are only as good as your offensive line.

Someone please remind the Bengals' of that - as they need at least 2 upgrades in that area IMO...ecspecially a Center.

rotnoid
04-18-2007, 04:24 PM
[QUOTE=CrackerJack;1307887]
Then again they put Vick on there, the most overrated QB in modern history, so it's not a suprise.
QUOTE]

That's the pattern, big mobile QB's seem to be winning the majority of the covers there. Young only adds to the list that already includes Vick and Culpepper.

WMR
04-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Interesting tidbit: LaDainian Tomlinson refused the cover for the 200k offered.

Not enough cash?.... or was there an ulterior motive behind his refusal?

WVRed
04-18-2007, 08:40 PM
A bit early for Vince to be on a Madden cover IMO - hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet.

I like him too though and will enjoy watching him on Sundays. I don't think Carson, who has 2 Pro Bowl appearances already, has even gotten a cover yet?

I just don't care for QB's in the NFL who have to rely on scrambling ability to make up for their lack of passing skills - they get hurt, have shortened careers, and are inconsistent.

Carson was on one of the NCAA Football's.

Out of curiosity, has anybody heard anything about the new Madden. Any new features etc?

TC81190
04-18-2007, 09:24 PM
Interesting tidbit: LaDainian Tomlinson refused the cover for the 200k offered.

Not enough cash?.... or was there an ulterior motive behind his refusal?

Didn't feel like tearing a hammy/breaking an arm/being struck by a bus.

James B.
04-19-2007, 12:06 AM

I am a huge Titans fan and thought Young proved a lot last year. As a rookie, he took a team and put them on his back and turned there season around. He is not what I would consider a ruuning quarterback, like Vick. I think Young is a good overall quarterback that just happens to be able to run when he needs to.

BoydsOfSummer
04-19-2007, 01:06 AM
If the Browns draft Quinn, he's your top candidate. Bad OL and bad Browns luck will seal it.:rolleyes:

bengalsown
04-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Someone please remind the Bengals' of that - as they need at least 2 upgrades in that area IMO...ecspecially a Center.

With one of the best RT's in the league, and one of the best LT's in the league, you can only expect so much. Ghiaciuc will get better this season, and Bobbie Williams is very good at what he does. And with a very young Whitworth at LG, our offensive line is among the best in the league.

dougdirt
04-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Yeah, gotta love the QB on the cover with a 67 QB rating.... QB's have had better completion percentages than that over the past 2 seasons. Poor Choice.

James B.
04-20-2007, 11:19 PM
Yeah, gotta love the QB on the cover with a 67 QB rating.... QB's have had better completion percentages than that over the past 2 seasons. Poor Choice.

If you had watched him play every game last year, you wouldn't care about his QB rating.