PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton's Contract Status

Redlegs
04-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Does anyone know the particulars on Josh Hamilton's contract?

If you're the Reds, at what point would you try to lock him up, long term, with a condition laced deal?

Before anyone says I'm getting way ahead of myself and so on, I know that. I'm just wondering. It's not everyday you get an overall first round pick for next to nothing.

Redlegs
04-17-2007, 05:53 PM
Typo....his name is HamilTon.

Joseph
04-17-2007, 05:57 PM
The Reds control his status for the next six years. Let's at least let him play a couple before talking LTC.

Danny Serafini
04-17-2007, 05:58 PM
I don't believe he's even eligible for arbitration until after 2009. Free agency, I believe, wouldn't be an option until after 2012.

Redlegs
04-17-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't believe he's even eligible for arbitration until after 2009. Free agency, I believe, wouldn't be an option until after 2012.

The Reds control his status for the next six years.

Thanks for the update, guys.

cincy09
04-17-2007, 06:40 PM
In other words, the Reds have him locked up through his early prime!

Redlegs
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
In other words, the Reds have him locked up through his early prime!
That was my "prime" concern. :beerme:

Heath
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
That was my "prime" concern. :beerme:

It's probably a given that the number on his contract is NOT a prime number and has multiple factors.

Blitz Dorsey
04-18-2007, 01:36 AM
I was also thinking about Hamilton's contract status recently. I knew the Reds had him locked up for a while, but that is good news he can't be a free agent until after 2012. I thought it would be more like after 2010. Very good news there.

Speaking of getting way ahead of ourselves and knowing it, how 'bout this doozy: I am ready to proclaim that Josh Hamilton is better than our old friend Austin Kearns, and it's not really close IMO. My boss and I were talking and he thinks it's a matter of time before Hamilton falls off the wagon, but I disagree. I think his head is in the right place and he is here to stay. And by stay I don't just mean on the roster. I am talking in the lineup every day, finishing the season with 25-30 HRs, playing some good OF.

Topcat
04-18-2007, 02:31 AM

Isn't that a shame if he keeps making believers of us and we can pair him with Bruce and Stubbs:D

thatcoolguy_22
04-18-2007, 02:36 AM
It's probably a given that the number on his contract is NOT a prime number and has multiple factors.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BigJohn
04-18-2007, 02:49 PM
He isn't allowed any "walkin around money" anyways! :)

Redlegs
04-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Mr. Rost??? Is that you? :D

steig
04-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Isn't that a shame if he keeps making believers of us and we can pair him with Bruce and Stubbs:D

The future looks bright, but at one point we were just as giddy about the future outfield combinatin of Griffey, Dunn, & Kearns. So let's keep things in perspective. If Bruce or Stubbs turns into a stud i will be happy.

George Anderson
04-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Maybe I am incredibly gullible but I have the feeling that Hamilton will give the Reds every chance to resign him at a fair price instead of running to another team for more money when his contract is up. After what Josh has been thru I wouldnt be suprised to see him be loyal to the team that took a chance on him when many in the league wanted nothing to do with him.

Then again maybe I'm dreaming.