PDA

View Full Version : 7-game homestand......

Eric_Davis
04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
The reason I'm writing this is I'll be very happy if we go 4-3 on this homestand.

I like to break the season up into little groups of games. Because it's a long season, I can have patience knowing that they'll go back and forth all year winning two and losing two, winning one and losing one,....winning four out of five and losing four out of five. If we can just sneak an extra win in there every two weeks, we might just reach the playoffs.

Two against the Brewers (intra-division)
Two against the Astros (intra-division)
Three against the Phillies.

With the ultimate goal of .600 at home and .500 on the road for an 89 to 91 win season, which could easily make the playoffs, then I'd like to go 4-3 on this homestand.

With 1-1 secured so far, and 3-2 for the other five, 1-1 for the Stros, and 2-1 against the Phils would work; but, I'd prefer 2-0 against the Stros and 1-2 against the Phils, because it does matter more how you do against your own division.

At the end of the homestand, we'd be 8-5 at home and 3-3 on the road. I'll take it.

thatcoolguy_22
04-18-2007, 01:34 AM
The reason I'm writing this is I'll be very happy if we go 4-3 on this homestand.

I like to break the season up into little groups of games. Because it's a long season, I can have patience knowing that they'll go back and forth all year winning two and losing two, winning one and losing one,....winning four out of five and losing four out of five. If we can just sneak an extra win in there every two weeks, we might just reach the playoffs.

Two against the Brewers (intra-division)
Two against the Astros (intra-division)
Three against the Phillies.

With the ultimate goal of .600 at home and .500 on the road for an 89 to 91 win season, which could easily make the playoffs, then I'd like to go 4-3 on this homestand.

With 1-1 secured so far, and 3-2 for the other five, 1-1 for the Stros, and 2-1 against the Phils would work; but, I'd prefer 2-0 against the Stros and 1-2 against the Phils, because it does matter more how you do against your own division.

At the end of the homestand, we'd be 8-5 at home and 3-3 on the road. I'll take it.

i would just be happy winning 4 out of every 3 this year. This is a horribly weak division and anything over .500 would virtually lock a playoff spot!

Heres to Belisle's worst game of the ENTIRE year!!!

joshnky
04-18-2007, 06:48 AM
i would just be happy winning 4 out of every 3 this year. This is a horribly weak division and anything over .500 would virtually lock a playoff spot!

4 out of every 3 would be great. I think we could possibly win the division with a winning percentage of 1.33. ;)

bucksfan2
04-18-2007, 09:01 AM

He didn't pitch well but he kept his team in the game. Given that he didn't have his best stuff last night, I think he pitched ok. I think the biggest thing for Belisle this year is to limit the damage and keep his team in the game when he isn't on his game.