PDA

View Full Version : Is Tracy Jones still at WLW?

REDREAD
04-19-2007, 11:21 AM
I noticed that someone else was doing the postgame show. Is Jones still at WLW?

By the way, I must say that Marty had a pretty good game last night. He rode some players a little bit hard, but for the most part he stayed on topic. I only heard the second half, but it was one of his better games.

George Anderson
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
I think TJ only does weekends.

membengal
04-19-2007, 11:27 AM
I think TJ only ruins weekends.

Fixed the quote...

Chip R
04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
Fixed the quote...

:laugh:

Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty is now the host of Sports Talk now and does Extra Innings after weekday games.

REDREAD
04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
ok.. thanks for the info. It's not as if I missed Tracy, but I was just wondering.

KronoRed
04-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Fixed the quote...

Hey now..he played the game:evil:

goreds2
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Love "The TRACER"

www.tracyjonesonline.com

Friday nights, the callers have to say how many drinks they have had. :all_cohol (It is very entertaining. :thumbup: )

membengal
04-20-2007, 11:51 AM
No. It's not. It's the opposite of entertaining. It is a soul-sucking drain on anything remotely enjoyable following a Reds game.

Razor Shines
04-20-2007, 12:34 PM
No. It's not. It's the opposite of entertaining. It is a soul-sucking drain on anything remotely enjoyable following a Reds game.

I'm with goreds on this one. I like him. But on this board if you say you like TJ you're automatically stupid because you disagree with the popular opinion. I think most of it is an act, and I don't think he believes a lot of the stuff he says.

Always Red
04-20-2007, 12:34 PM

Agreed, it long ago stopped being a baseball discussion show, and became entertainment equivalent to the "Jerry Springer Show."

That's fine if you're looking for cheap laughs; take a look at his web site- that's what it is. It's not a kid friendly site, BTW.

But he treats a lot of the callers exactly how he treated vaticanplum when she called in. I don't care for it when I'm just looking for some good old fashioned rehashing of a baseball game.

KittyDuran
04-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm with goreds on this one. I like him. But on this board if you say you like TJ you're automatically stupid because you disagree with the popular opinion. I think most of it is an act, and I don't think he believes a lot of the stuff he says.This is from the archives from the RedsZone gathering 2 years ago...[from GAC]

I talked more in-depth with Tracey and Seg before they went on air. All I can say is don't judge them totally by their "on-air" personalities. They're there to play off the audience and each other. They like being the antagonists.

StillFunkyB
04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
:laugh:

Enquirer columnist Paul Daugherty is now the host of Sports Talk now and does Extra Innings after weekday games.

Yay.

Maybe one day we will have real sports talk here in Cincinnati, along with some real beat writers. No offense to C. Trent, I like him, but if he is any good he will be gone somewhere else very soon.

muethibp
04-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I was subjected to Jones in the car home from Chicago on Sunday. He's brutal to listen to.

Caveat Emperor
04-20-2007, 01:55 PM

But he did play the game... :evil:

Always Red
04-20-2007, 02:12 PM
... No offense to C. Trent, I like him, but if he is any good he will be gone somewhere else very soon.

Yeah, like hopefully the Cincinnati Enquirer next year.

WMR
04-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Tracy Jones makes my ears bleed.

goreds2
04-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I am not sure why most people here do not like Tracy Jones. I think we have only had 2 (1999 & 2000) winning seasons since 1995. He adds something different to these losing times instead of talking about the negative all the time. Hopefully, the losing will end and "The Tracer" which I think will talk more baseball.

We get baseball talk on the pre and post game show on weekdays. it is nice to hear something more relaxing/funny on the weekends.

(MY OPINION :eek: )

reds44
04-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Any man that says lineups don't matter should not be on the radio.

Razor Shines
04-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Any man that says lineups don't matter should not be on the radio.

I thought you'd be a huge fan of Tracey. He says that no matter what they should keep putting Edwin in the line up every day. He says EE's got too much talent to stay in his slump.

mroby85
04-22-2007, 01:16 AM
I thought you'd be a huge fan of Tracey. He says that no matter what they should keep putting Edwin in the line up every day. He says EE's got too much talent to stay in his slump.

and after all, he did play the game :laugh:

butlerbulldogs
04-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I was playing golf in Columbus today and on the way home I had the pleasure of listening to the moron, one Tracy Jones...I cannot believe he is on the radio, he had his usual "Richard" guy on talking about his diamond seats and BMW...the point i am making is this guy was talking about everyone not in the diamond seats/luxury boxes as drunks and feared for his safety leaving the park...so he suggested that the luxury seats be let out first, like first class on a plane...and then have rumpke sponsor "taking out the trash" when the rest of the crowd leaves...I cannot believe on the Reds radio station we are subjected to this....this caller should have not been let through, but he has been for years and tracy wastes time on him...I am 24 years old and think Tracy Jones should be fired for this....please join me and boycott the Extra Inning Show with Tracy Jones! I want to listen to Reds talk radio, not some fake "richard" character!!

Thanks,
ButlerBulldogs

keeganbrick
04-22-2007, 07:41 PM
They let Richard through time and time again because there are people tht enjoy listening to him and the following callers that bash him afterwards. Im not saying I'm one of those people but I think thts why it continuously happens.

redsfan1966
04-22-2007, 08:08 PM
tracy jones will not be leaving WLW anytime soon...so you can threaten all your boycotts and such....the "tracer" fits exactly what the "big one" wants--someone who is able to rile the callers up and stir up controversy (contrived or otherwise)...and believe me, it is an act---Tracy learned his radio skills at the feet of the "masters"--Bill Cunningham and the departed Andy Furman.

BEETTLEBUG
04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Amen.YOU ARE CORRECT.

butlerbulldogs
04-22-2007, 09:02 PM
tracy jones will not be leaving WLW anytime soon...so you can threaten all your boycotts and such....the "tracer" fits exactly what the "big one" wants--someone who is able to rile the callers up and stir up controversy (contrived or otherwise)...and believe me, it is an act---Tracy learned his radio skills at the feet of the "masters"--Bill Cunningham and the departed Andy Furman.

actually, a boycott would work, less listeners equals less advertising dollars, simple business!

and why is andy departed? he called a bengal player racist and it bothered people, so what happened he got canned

it is when people accept the drivel they put out, that nothing happens!

Ludwig Reds Fan
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
actually, a boycott would work, less listeners equals less advertising dollars, simple business!

and why is andy departed? he called a bengal player racist and it bothered people, so what happened he got canned

it is when people accept the drivel they put out, that nothing happens!

Actually, a boycott would only create more publicity, which would create more ratings, and....well... oh nevermind... ;) (fades back into shadows)

jimbo
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
For those of you who get all fired up and bent out of shape over Jones, that's exactly the responses he wants. He says a lot of things for the shock factor and so many people get sucked right in and go off on their hate tangents and he probably sits back and laughs.

George Anderson
04-22-2007, 10:15 PM
They let Richard through time and time again because there are people tht enjoy listening to him and the following callers that bash him afterwards. Im not saying I'm one of those people but I think thts why it continuously happens.

In the early 90's WLW used to have a guy named Raymond call in and basically bash the Reds, Jim Bowden, Reds fans and everything Cincinnati related. Every time he called, caller after caller would call in and talk about Raymond and how much they hated him, similar to what goes on with Tracy's show now. Since then whether its on the sports shows or McConnell's or Cunningham's show you have regular nutty and controversial type callers that are used just to stir things up. It must work because WLW has been doing this for years now.

My two favorite callers over the years have been Richard from Wheeling and Donna who had a list of "devil people". I enjoyed those two because unlike alot of the regular callers I had no doubt they were not acts and were legitimately crazy!!

Ron Madden
04-22-2007, 10:36 PM
The extra Innings Show is a joke when Tracy is the host.

If you listen real close Richard, Nick and Jim are the same guy using different names.

This guy is always one of the first callers Jones talks to. Then the rest of the show is about that phone call. It's bad radio.

LoganBuck
04-22-2007, 10:41 PM
Richard was banned today.

Nick was also told not to call back

They haven't talked baseball on sunday this season.

Ltlabner
04-23-2007, 06:44 AM
Do people actually take Tracy Jones serriously enough to get worked up over him? He's a goof who comes in and acts as a placeholder on the weekends until Americas Truckin Network starts up. I wouldn't think late Saturday and Sunday nights is a huge revenue spot so it's either Tracy and his band of idiots or a 30 minute comerical for some colon cleansing algea.

Until I joined RZ I had no idea so many people lost sleep over guys on the radio, a device that has both a volume and off switch.

BurgervilleBuck
04-23-2007, 02:56 PM
My dearly departed father-in-law used to say that Andy Fuhrman should ensure Tracy Jones gets a chauffeured limousine ride to 700WLW every day just to ensure that there would be someone at the station dumber than he was.

WMR
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
My dearly departed father-in-law used to say that Andy Fuhrman should ensure Tracy Jones gets a chauffeured limousine ride to 700WLW every day just to ensure that there would be someone at the station dumber than he was.

HAHAHAHAHA Good one. :laugh:

goreds2
04-24-2007, 12:06 PM
HAHAHAHAHA Good one. :laugh:

:thumbdown ( ;) )

Note: When I try to get on www.tracyjonesonline.com from work I get the message:

Your organization's Internet use policy restricts access to this web page at this time.

Reason:
The Websense category "Lingerie and Swimsuit" is filtered. :laugh:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

URL:
http://www.tracyjonesonline.com/

goreds2
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
700 WLW now has a Tracy Jones profile:

(His picture etc)
http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_tracyjones.html

Contact Tracy
(513) 749-7000
(800) THE BIG 1 (843-2441)
#700 on Cingular Wireless
tjwlw@zoomtown.com
About Tracy
Tracy is a former professional baseball player who played in the Major Leagues primarily as an outfielder from 1986-1991. Jones was drafted by the New York Mets in the 4th round of the 1982 amateur draft, but did not sign. In January of 1983 Jones was selected as the first overall pick of the secondary phase of the amateur draft by the Cincinnati Reds. Jones debuted with the Reds in 1986 and had perhaps the best year of his career for the Reds in 1987, where he played in 116 games, batted .290, and stole 31 bases. In 1988, Jones was traded to the Montreal Expos, and later played for the Giants, Mariners, and eventually the Tigers where he played his final game in October 6, 1991.

In addition to being the host of "Extra Innings" on 700WLW, Tracy owns Tracy Jones Financial, LLC.

Baseball According To Tracy
"If you haven't played the game, you don't understand it enough to talk about it"

Ahhhorsepoo
08-01-2007, 12:39 PM
700 WLW now has a Tracy Jones profile:

(His picture etc)
http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_tracyjones.html

Contact Tracy
(513) 749-7000
(800) THE BIG 1 (843-2441)
#700 on Cingular Wireless
tjwlw@zoomtown.com
About Tracy
Tracy is a former professional baseball player who played in the Major Leagues primarily as an outfielder from 1986-1991. Jones was drafted by the New York Mets in the 4th round of the 1982 amateur draft, but did not sign. In January of 1983 Jones was selected as the first overall pick of the secondary phase of the amateur draft by the Cincinnati Reds. Jones debuted with the Reds in 1986 and had perhaps the best year of his career for the Reds in 1987, where he played in 116 games, batted .290, and stole 31 bases. In 1988, Jones was traded to the Montreal Expos, and later played for the Giants, Mariners, and eventually the Tigers where he played his final game in October 6, 1991.

In addition to being the host of "Extra Innings" on 700WLW, Tracy owns Tracy Jones Financial, LLC.

Baseball According To Tracy
"If you haven't played the game, you don't understand it enough to talk about it"

Did he actually play the game? I was in college longer than he was in the bigs, and I got a degree.. all he got was a bad attitude that noone can judge a big leaguer unless they have played.. If I only talked about my college days.. like he does his playing days I would be a stupid stupid man.. there is more to life than a 5 year adventure where you became "enlightened" past everyone who didnt experience it.. or soo one thinks...

dont get me wrong I actually liek listening to the guy.. but even a hobo in the stands can judge adam dunn against other left fielders.. or judge that there has to be better bullpen pitching option somewhere in the world..

goreds2
08-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Tracy's best friend: :)

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/onair_alancutler.html

goreds2
08-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Mo Egger is giving Tracy a hard time today because he (Tracy) did not work until 7pm because of the rain out. He worked until 4-ish. :D

http://www.700wlw.com/pages/streaming.html

Jr's Boy
08-06-2007, 11:25 AM

Did Jones really say this?

goreds2
08-06-2007, 07:10 PM

Did Jones really say this?

YES. :)

bradmu
08-07-2007, 01:21 PM
I sometimes think that he has a cast of characters who call into his show.... Rod from Norwood, Richard from Indian Hill, etc.... These people are on all the time, every show. Its almost like its scripted in a way. Conspiracy theory perhaps?

Bring back the 2 Angry Guys!!!

Jerry Narron
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Bring back the 2 Angry Guys!!!

What ever happened to Tom Gamble and Richard Skinner?

Jr's Boy
08-07-2007, 07:51 PM
He like's the guys that suck up to him.He was thanking Richard for the fish and wine he sent him.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Anyone else notice in his 6 years of "service" he never played a real role on any team..

I hate dunn as much as the rest guy for this team.. but how does he give dunn a hard time then.. based on his motto, his batting average was only slightly above dunns.. and the most ab's he had in a whole year was 350.. over his 6 years.. he about as many ab's as everyday players have in 2 years..

He also was NO gold glove caliber player..

While yes he might have played.. he is not the only person who can judge people in the league because his cup of coffee lasted long enough to get cold..
just because I dont drink coffee doesnt meani dont know that i do not like it...

I love his show though.. honestly..

Redlegs
08-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Does anyone think "Rod from Norwood" is real? If so, I'd like to sell them some ocean front property in Covington.

Redlegs
08-08-2007, 06:44 PM
He like's the guys that suck up to him.He was thanking Richard for the fish and wine he sent him.
C'mon, man. Wake up.

goreds2
08-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Does anyone think "Rod from Norwood" is real? If so, I'd like to sell them some ocean front property in Covington.

Rod needs a job. Maybe he could be a life guard.
("WEELLLL Tracy") :p:

Redlegs
08-10-2007, 07:07 AM
I would like to hear somebody call Tracy's show, tell him they need their mower repaired and would like to send their business to Rod from Norwood, and report back to us.

Degenerate39
08-12-2007, 10:02 PM
I was listening to him today and Richard was on the show asking fans questions about FQI (Fan Quality Index) so they could win a pair of Diamond Seats. FQI is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of and this guy kept on about it. Anyway some old lady won but not to Richards liking. A few callers later a man was talking about how Tracy's show had gone down hill because of Richard and what not so Tracy started to get nasty with the man. The man was complaining because the radio show wasn't about baseball any more. He then says "I use to call in and talk about baseball with you until Dick came onto the show" and I believe he hung up after that. Funniest thing I've ever heard was that man I wish I could remember his name.

jnwohio
08-12-2007, 11:33 PM

There must really be a Rod because about month ago there was some kind of dust up between Rod and the sight impaired kid (Kyle I think is his name) who sang the national anthem at the Reds game. "Kyle" was singing the anthem at a Florence Freedom game and Rod went to the game thinking he would catch a ride home with Kyle's ride. It ended up that Kyle did not give Rod a ride home. The fall out was that there were calls on the air of each of them explaining their side of the story. It ended up that Kyle's parents (he is 16) supposedly banned him from calling the show over all of this.

So anyway, we know Kyle is real. He doesn't call the show any more because of the dust up with Rod; so, unless that was all staged, Rod must be real too at least to some extent although some of his antics seem a bit much. For instance it just seemed too convenient to me that at the Reds game Rod and Jr. (Rod's son for those who don't follow the saga) attended with Richard that every thing was going so well then Jr spills a soda on a lady.

Forgot to say above that I have heard Rod call in to the Hot Stove League program and the banana phone (and maybe Sports Talk too) . If he is a fake he was "in character" all of those times too.

Muggerd
08-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Hes the worst radio personality in Cincinnati by a long shot.

Redlegs
08-13-2007, 06:32 PM
There must really be a Rod because about month ago there was some kind of dust up between Rod and the sight impaired kid (Kyle I think is his name) who sang the national anthem at the Reds game. "Kyle" was singing the anthem at a Florence Freedom game and Rod went to the game thinking he would catch a ride home with Kyle's ride. It ended up that Kyle did not give Rod a ride home. The fall out was that there were calls on the air of each of them explaining their side of the story. It ended up that Kyle's parents (he is 16) supposedly banned him from calling the show over all of this.

So anyway, we know Kyle is real. He doesn't call the show any more because of the dust up with Rod; so, unless that was all staged, Rod must be real too at least to some extent although some of his antics seem a bit much. For instance it just seemed too convenient to me that at the Reds game Rod and Jr. (Rod's son for those who don't follow the saga) attended with Richard that every thing was going so well then Jr spills a soda on a lady.

Forgot to say above that I have heard Rod call in to the Hot Stove League program and the banana phone (and maybe Sports Talk too) . If he is a fake he was "in character" all of those times too.
Tracy's an entertainer first and foremost. If you want to put it to the test, call the show and ask how to reach Rod so you can get your mower fixed. I would venture to say you'll come up empty.

jlb1705
08-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Us fans only watch baseball. Tracy Jones SEES baseball.

GoReds33
08-14-2007, 05:24 PM
I think he can sometimes be a good source on Reds baseball. He does sometimes act like he is better than everybody else.

Jerry Narron
08-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Anyone hear Tracy may write a book about his career?

redsfanmia
08-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Anyone hear Tracy may write a book about his career?

Is it going to be a 3 page phamplet?

Jerry Narron
08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
It was on Brennaman and Jones on baseball earlier this morning on WLW. Tracy told Marty he plans to write a book about his career and all his team mates. Tracer said the book may come out next year.

Ahhhorsepoo
08-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Unless he tells us about his teamates career.. I am not sure it will have any more worth than a toilet reader..

GoReds33
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Thats cool. I am still in the process of reading Tom Brownings book though.