PDA

View Full Version : questions...

BradSpieser
04-19-2007, 11:49 PM
boss hog,

I'm not trying to be difficult here. Here's what paintmered had to say after my first thread was locked: "If it's any consolation, you may provide a link to your blog in your signature." That's all he said...

To me, that meant all I had to do to obey the rules is post my link in my signature...just not the body of the message. Am I nuts for thinking that? Besides, I've never seen such rules on any message board.

Good day.

Razor Shines
04-20-2007, 04:24 AM
boss hog,

I'm not trying to be difficult here. Here's what paintmered had to say after my first thread was locked: "If it's any consolation, you may provide a link to your blog in your signature." That's all he said...

To me, that meant all I had to do to obey the rules is post my link in my signature...just not the body of the message. Am I nuts for thinking that? Besides, I've never seen such rules on any message board.

Good day.

This isn't like any other message board you've been on before. :evil:

But seriously it's not, I've never been on one that is run as well as this one is.

Boss-Hog
04-20-2007, 07:14 AM
boss hog,

Good day.
Paintmered's comments are 100% accurate. However, I think you missed the point of why we have the rule. The reason it exists is so that users do not make posts in which the sole purpose is to promote their own web site. Since the site was founded, what sets it apart from other forums is the overall quality of posts. Posts that do nothing more than mention that new content is available on a personal web site detract from that level of quality.

As a result, you are well within the rules of the site to provide a short link to your site in your signature, which you have already done. However, that's the extent of promotion that you can do here.

The rules of this message board prevent me from posting a link to my blog in this space. However, I am allowed to post the link in something called my "signature." So, click on my name (which is located 2-7 inches to your left) and view my profile. The link is on that page. Sorry about the inconvenience...you know, if you actually want to read it.

Check that, the link is located directly below this, which--I suppose--is my signature. This seems ridiculous but who am I to argue? Regardless, check out my page and tell me how much I stink.

Posts such as that are not allowed because their sole purpose is self promotion. On top of that, it was obvious you were looking for a loophole in the rules to still get your message across, and honestly, I don't care for that, since you had already been warned to keep it within a link in your signature. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

BradSpieser
04-20-2007, 12:00 PM
I wasn't looking for a loophole, and I get the point. MY POINT...was that paintmered wasn't clear at all. And that's impossible to dispute

TeamBoone
04-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Actually, having the link in your signature is an advantage... people will see it every time you post, not just if they HAPPENED to read the thread you started about it.

zombie-a-go-go
04-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I love my electric dryer. Makes my towels all soft and fluffy, and keeps me from having to hang my underwear out where people who have no interest in looking at it have to see it flapping out there in the wind.