PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who did it??

coachw513
04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
From today's Enquirer:

Fans, of course, don't get the full reasoning behind a move when something like this happens. Narron recalled a game last year when a pitcher took himself out early. The Reds ended up winning, but there was a voice mail on Narron's office phone awaiting him after the game.

"The guy called me the dumbest person ever," Narron said.

Okay, fess up...this was clearly a RZ move...who claims this one?? :evil:

Seriously, last night was a tough loss...but if there is a singular strength IMHO of Narron it is his steady, even-keel sense of perspective that will allow the ship to right itself...

Also from the Enquirer:

"We need to get our bullpen back to where it was," Reds manager Jerry Narron said. "The thing about this division is it's going to be tough all year. Teams that are resilient, that grind it out, are going to be there at the end.

"If you panic at any time, you're going to get buried."

The bullpen isn't as good as it was for 10 days and isn't as bad as it's been the past 4 days...it is somewhere inbetween, hopefully closer to the good...and yes, I think Bray and Majewski will help when they return...

Hamilton > good

And the moment this happens (from Reds.com) it will secure the hollywood rights to the life story:

But Hamilton catching would be a unique sight because he is left-handed.

"The first time I ever saw him, he was catching," Narron pointed out on Thursday.

That was when Hamilton was a teenager in North Carolina.

"I was the MVP of three games of a national tournament when I was 12, catching. That was cool," Hamilton said. "I also played shortstop for five years in Little League."

Hamilton no longer has his left-handed catcher's mitt.

"I might order one, just for fun," he said.

When Hamilton was a kid, did anyone ever try stealing on him?

"Tried to," the rookie responded. "It didn't matter with a left-handed catcher and right-handed batter. Just throw over the top."

Maybe that's the answer to the problems with the offense...just play Hamilton at catcher??? :D

And yes, things could be worse, Reds fans...we could have paid big money for Jimmy Rollins' Psychic Hot Line :laugh:

KronoRed
04-20-2007, 11:21 AM
From today's Enquirer:

Has to be Reds44 :devil:

edabbs44
04-20-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm voting OBM.

StillFunkyB
04-20-2007, 01:18 PM

Yeah, I'll second that.

EE sat two days in a row. I am sure somewhere out there, Reds44 broke something.

redsmetz
04-20-2007, 01:20 PM
What's amazing is we all assumed it must be somebody from RZ!

StillFunkyB
04-20-2007, 01:23 PM
What's amazing is we all assumed it must be somebody from RZ!

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. It's something only a RedsZoner would do. :)

redsrule2500
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
This begs the question...if somebody from here actually did call, what's his Number?? :D

Chip R
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM

He who smelt it, dealt it. ;)

Degenerate39
04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
It was Edwin

Marc D
04-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Boone dialed and Miley left the message. Who else has the number?

dougdirt
04-20-2007, 03:05 PM
It would have been me if I were there. Not for pulling Arroyo though, for about 275 other reasons.

Redsland
04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Okay, who did it??Alec Baldwin (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56986)?

:)

Spring~Fields
04-20-2007, 04:45 PM

It was either Reds44 or Encarcion incognito. ;) Or perhaps Arroyo.

Matt700wlw
04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm voting OBM.

Me too :evil:

WMR
04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
I didn't do it, but I'll throw in fifty bucks if RZ wants to get a collective pot going to offer a reward for that phone #.

TOBTTReds
04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
The Reds ended up winning, but there was a voice mail on Narron's office phone awaiting him after the game.

"The guy called me the dumbest person ever," Narron said.

If Narron doesn't have a secretary, I'm pretty sure anyone could call him.

Actually, I just dialed the Reds number and you can type in his last name and get his office. I didn't follow through with it out of the fear he would answer and I would have nothing to say, but I could atleast get his secretary or voice mail.

But I would not recommend ever calling him or WK. It would be incredibly rude and just innapropriate. Personally, I'm shocked with the lack of gate-keeping in the Reds front office compared to other teams.

Do I get $50?

WMR
04-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Who wants to be rude? I think the man obviously needs some help!

As to the fifty, since no fund was ever established which was a contingent portion of my guarantee, I'm afraid not. :laugh:

OnBaseMachine
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Nah, if it was me they wouldn't have been able to print my message to Narron in the newspaper.