PDA

View Full Version : Alec Baldwin voicemail to daughter....

TeamDunn
04-20-2007, 11:43 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Dude really needs an anger management class!

A link to the story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070420/ap_en_tv/people_baldwin_basinger

If you look to the left there is a link to hear the msg. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!

:help:

westofyou
04-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Why is it available on the web?

That's more ridiculous then his tirade IMO.

TeamDunn
04-20-2007, 11:49 AM
My guess is his ex leaked it just to add more drama to the long drawn out custody dispute they have been having.

She probably did it to prove she has not been telling lies all these years with regards to his behavior.

Chip R
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I saw this and thought about posting it here but I was - and am - worried the thread will turn political since Baldwin is such a lightening rod of the left.

That said, he sounds a bit bitter.

Joseph
04-20-2007, 11:56 AM
C'mon, what parent hasn't yelled at their kid like that?

I mean seriously, I don't know cause I don't have kids. Is that allowed, cause if it is I'm having some kids.

texasdave
04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
My guess is his ex leaked it just to add more drama to the long drawn out custody dispute they have been having.

She probably did it to prove she has not been telling lies all these years with regards to his behavior.

The custody of the child is not going to be settled in the court of public opinion. The voice mail should never have been leaked IMO.

TeamDunn
04-20-2007, 12:00 PM
[/B]

The custody of the child is not going to be settled in the court of public opinion. The voice mail should never have been leaked IMO.

I am not disagreeing with you. :)

I guess I sort of got a kick out of it because looking at it as a "Hollywood Thing". I mean, yes people have yelled at their kids...but how many of them live on the other side of the country and threaten to make a special trip just to let them know HOW disappointed they are in them. :p:

Money, I wish I had it to burn like that!! :)

MWM
04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Why is it available on the web?

That's more ridiculous then his tirade IMO.

That was my initial reaction. And yes it's still pretty ridiculous that this stuff is public. But I was reading the paper today and there was a story on it and I saw the transcript and if I had custody of this child, there's no way I'd let this guy near her. She's 11 years old and he called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig." He then followed that up with "You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being."

Then "I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child."

I don't know the history of the whole Baldwin-Bassinger thing, but I do know that you just don't talk a child that way under ANY circumstance.

Chip R
04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
That was my initial reaction. And yes it's still pretty ridiculous that this stuff is public. But I was reading the paper today and there was a story on it and I saw the transcript and if I had custody of this child, there's no way I'd let this guy near her. She's 11 years old and he called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig." He then followed that up with "You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being."

Then "I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child."

I don't know the history of the whole Baldwin-Bassinger thing, but I do know that you just don't talk a child that way under ANY circumstance.

I wonder if he also told her, "Coffee is for closers!" ;)

RFS62
04-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Yep, she just lost her steak knives.

flyer85
04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
I have never said anything near that mean and hurtful to my daughter. You can't take back the pain that can be caused by such thoughtless words.

Redsland
04-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Why do I refuse comment, you ask?

http://www.morethings.com/fan/south_park/team_america/upstage-alec-baldwin01.jpg

RedsBaron
04-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Baldwin certainly should not be given a pass for saying anything that mean to his daughter, but Kim Basinger should not have released the tape either. They both come off pretty bad in this episode. I do feel sorry for the daughter though.

westofyou
04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Baldwin was also angered at his daughters choice in a summer job.

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/181500/181623UAdy_w.jpg

Dom Heffner
04-20-2007, 02:24 PM
So she has a father who inexcusably demeans her and a mother who violates court orders by releasing audio tapes to the press.

She should go live with grandma.

creek14
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
She should go live with grandma.
Except Grandma raised dad. Or mom.

Joseph
04-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Sure, blame them. :)

Chip R
04-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Good point. Also, Grandma raised Uncle Daniel too.

RFS62
04-20-2007, 03:30 PM
I thought he moved to Canada.

dabvu2498
04-20-2007, 03:32 PM

And Billy.

M2
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
I doubt anyone would like to have their parenting skills judged by any angry outburst.

It's hard enough to raise your own kids. I'm not going to pretend I know enough about Balwin's situation to raise his.

minus5
04-20-2007, 04:49 PM
I doubt anyone would like to have their parenting skills judged by any angry outburst.

It's hard enough to raise your own kids. I'm not going to pretend I know enough about Balwin's situation to raise his.

I agree. It also made me wonder how long he's been having his strings pulled.

MaineRed
04-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Count me as someone who doesn't see how this is news.

I find it pathetic the way people pass this stuff around, including starting threads on the subject. They put it on the news. You can't even let your kids watch the news anymore. Sad. I remember when the news was for learing about what was happening. Now it is just a place to whine, throw mud and tell others how to live their lives. But that seems to be what the majority wants.

Its OK to leak something like this and relish in it but don't tell anyone who Valerie Plame is.

BuckeyeRed27
04-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Welp...there goes 30 Rock

zombielady
04-20-2007, 06:44 PM

And Uncle Stephen... I mean... BioDome is simply unforgivable!:thumbdown

GAC
04-20-2007, 06:54 PM

I haven't. I would never demean and cuss my 11 yr old like that.

zombielady
04-20-2007, 09:04 PM
I haven't. I would never demean and cuss my 11 yr old like that.

I've had my rants and tyrades, but he was way over the top.:thumbdown

TeamDunn
04-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Gee, next time I will be sure to check with you before I post anything. :rolleyes:

I find it pathetic the way people pass this stuff around, including starting threads on the subject. They put it on the news. You can't even let your kids watch the news anymore. Sad. I remember when the news was for learing about what was happening. Now it is just a place to whine, throw mud and tell others how to live their lives. But that seems to be what the majority wants.

Its OK to leak something like this and relish in it but don't tell anyone who Valerie Plame is.

04-20-2007, 11:31 PM

Hey, noone said it is news. It is Non Baseball Chatter.;)

TeamBoone
04-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Friday, April 20, 2007 9:39 PM EDT

Alec Baldwin Explains Himself on the Web
The Associated Press
By SANDY COHEN

LOS ANGELES (AP) As Alec Baldwin's angry words to his daughter were being broadcast around the world, the 49-year-old actor explained himself Friday on his Web site.

"Although I have been told by numerous people not to worry too much, as all parents lose their patience with their kids, I am most saddened that this was released to the media because of what it does to a child," he wrote. "I'm sorry, as everyone who knows me is aware, for losing my temper with my child. I have been driven to the edge by parental alienation for many years now. You have to go through this to understand. (Although I hope you never do.) I am sorry for what happened. But I am equally sorry that a court order was violated, which had deliberately been put under seal in this case."

A voicemail Baldwin left for his 11-year-old daughter, in which he can be heard calling her "a rude, thoughtless little pig," was published Thursday by celebrity news site TMZ.com.

Baldwin and his ex-wife, Kim Basinger, have been engaged in bitter custody disputes over their daughter, Ireland, since the couple divorced in 2002.

"In such public cases, your opponents attempt to take a picture of you on your worst day and insist that this is who you are as a person," Baldwin wrote. "Outside the doors of divorce court, I have friends, I have respect from people I work with and I have a normal relationship with my daughter. All of that is threatened whenever one enters a court room."

Meanwhile, Baldwin's attorney, Vicki Greene, said she filed a Superior Court order Friday "to determine how the tape got leaked and to determine whether actions should be taken against Kim Basinger, or her attorneys, or Harvey Levin (who runs TMZ.com) and anybody else associated with the leaking of the tape and the violation of the court orders to keep the proceedings closed."

In a letter Greene sent to Levin Thursday included in the court order, the attorney said she called Levin at 12:30 p.m. that day after learning he intended to go public with the tape.

"I cautioned you against taking any action, especially when what you disclosed to me could only have been obtained from an improper source, was sealed by the Court and should not be in your possession, let alone disclosed to the public," she said in the letter.

Levin told The Associated Press on Friday that he obtained the tape legally.

"I'm not going to talk about sources. I'm not going to say who we obtained it from," he said. "We obtained this legally. We discussed it, and felt it was an important story, and published it. If she disagrees, that's her opinion."

Greene told TV's "The Insider" that "anyone involved in this case should want to protect Ireland, so whatever happened was either intentional, reckless or negligent."

The matter is set for a hearing June 5, Greene said.

Basinger's attorney, Neal Hersh, weighed in on the family saga Friday on TMZ.com.

"I am concerned that Mr. Baldwin's recent statement, wherein he attempts to shift responsibility to Kim and her lawyers for his issues with Ireland, shows just how out of touch he is with the reality and gravity of the situation," Hersh said.

Basinger's spokeswoman had no comment Friday.
http://broadband.zoomtown.com/news/read.php?id=14942538&ps=1016&lang=en&_LT=HOME_ETNWC01L3_UNEWS

George Foster
04-21-2007, 12:10 AM

It's a little more than an angry outburst. And yes we can take this to "judge" Alec Baldwin and his parenting.

Like all the posters on this thread who have children have said, this is unexceptable. There is never, ever a situation that you call your 11 year old daughter a "pig" in anger.

Anyone that curses in anger at their little children, is not a very good parent. There....I made that judgement.

This is what he should of said. " hey honey, I'm sorry you missed my call. You know I love you very much. Your mother and I have a lot of problems, but you my dear are not one of them. You are the best thing that ever happen to me. I will call you tomorrow, try and keep your phone on...I love you."

It's called self control.

I would then call Kim and take it up with her why her phone was not on. I would not use my daughter as a punching bag for my frustration.

GAC
04-21-2007, 05:08 AM
It's obvious that Basinger was solely behind this being publically released, and trying to humiliate her ex. It's sad. I really feel sorry for this little girl. What a set of parents.

RedsBaron
04-21-2007, 07:14 AM
It's obvious that Basinger was solely behind this being publically released, and trying to humiliate her ex. It's sad. I really feel sorry for this little girl. What a set of parents.

Yeah, the evident "war" between Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger is one where it is easy to hope they both lose, but the sad thing is that the real loser is their daughter. It is a shame for her.
I still believe Basinger comes off even worse in this episode than does Baldwin. That tape should not have been made public.

MaineRed
04-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Hey, noone said it is news. It is Non Baseball Chatter.;)

Well the TV news is non baseball chatter too and that is where I first saw this and it was clearly part of what I was talking about.

When something appears on THE NEWS, it has become news. That is the definition of news.

GAC
04-21-2007, 07:56 AM
Baldwin has come out and stated that people will understand the emotional pain and anguish he has gone through over these last few years when his new book comes out. :rolleyes:

RedsBaron
04-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Baldwin has come out and stated that people will understand the emotional pain and anguish he has gone through over these last few years when his new book comes out. :rolleyes:

Sounds as if he is following Pete Rose's public relations strategy.;)

Chip R
04-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Well the TV news is non baseball chatter too and that is where I first saw this and it was clearly part of what I was talking about.

When something appears on THE NEWS, it has become news. That is the definition of news.

If you don't like it, don't read it. You let us worry abut what's posted here and what isn't.

04-21-2007, 09:07 AM

Dude, it was a joke. Note the Officially Sanctioned Smilie that followed the sentence,

Dom Heffner
04-21-2007, 10:12 AM
It's a little more than an angry outburst. And yes we can take this to "judge" Alec Baldwin and his parenting.

Like all the posters on this thread who have children have said, this is unexceptable. There is never, ever a situation that you call your 11 year old daughter a "pig" in anger.

Anyone that curses in anger at their little children, is not a very good parent. There....I made that judgement.

This is what he should of said. " hey honey, I'm sorry you missed my call. You know I love you very much. Your mother and I have a lot of problems, but you my dear are not one of them. You are the best thing that ever happen to me. I will call you tomorrow, try and keep your phone on...I love you."

It's called self control.

I would then call Kim and take it up with her why her phone was not on. I would not use my daughter as a punching bag for my frustration.

I agree with you here for the most part, but I wonder what the judgment of my own mother would be if somebody released the videotape of her whipping me with a belt when I was 6?

Would you be so proud of everything you ever said to your kids that it could be aired on national television? I mean, would you allow me to judge your skills as a husband or father by me hearing one minute of the worst thing you ever said?

Admittedly I was shocked by Baldwin's outburst, but then I remember really pushing my mother's buttons to the point of her saying some pretty awful things towards me- things that would seem awful if placed by themselves and aired on public television.

And my mother was a terrific parent. Terrific does not equal perfect, however.

Yachtzee
04-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the evident "war" between Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger is one where it is easy to hope they both lose, but the sad thing is that the real loser is their daughter. It is a shame for her.
I still believe Basinger comes off even worse in this episode than does Baldwin. That tape should not have been made public.

I agree. It's bad enough that one parent got mad enough to call you a pig. Now you have to deal with everyone in the world knowing about it. I can only wonder how much grief she'll catch for this at school.

I'd say about 11 or 12 was right about the time I started really pushing my mom's buttons and making her really upset because I was a stubborn boy becoming a stubborn teenager. I wouldn't have wanted any of our arguments broadcast to a nationwide audience.

NJReds
04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Releasing the tape is worse and more harmful to the child then the tirade itself, IMO.

harangatang
04-21-2007, 02:27 PM
A former husband and wife getting into doesn't bother me. But whenever that feud drags an innocent party such as their child into it that's when it becomes inexcusable.

MartyFan
04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
[/B]

Maybe at some point in our nations history that was true but with so many in the judges seat eying further political aspirations...especially in a major city like LA...c'mon...it's all about the PR...and this is a HUGE blunder for Baldwin.

Yachtzee
04-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Maybe at some point in our nations history that was true but with so many in the judges seat eying further political aspirations...especially in a major city like LA...c'mon...it's all about the PR...and this is a HUGE blunder for Baldwin.

In Ohio, judges are elected, so they already have political aspirations in keeping their job. I don't know about LA though.

GAC
04-21-2007, 04:39 PM
My kids were out helping Dad today do yard work. We had alot of landscaping to try and get done since we moved into the new home in late August. The three kids were not cooperating at all. Each was worried that the others wasn't going to be doing as much work as they. Meanwhile Dad was getting blisters from raking the straw out of the yard.

I finally turned to all three of them and came up with a new catch phrase..... "Don't make me go all Alec Baldwin on you. Pick up them rakes and get to work!" :lol:

Matt700wlw
04-21-2007, 07:13 PM
He has a potty mouth.

:)

vaticanplum
04-21-2007, 09:14 PM

I'm hestitant to pass judgment on parenting in a situation like this too; however, one thing I think we can pretty safey assume is that this isn't an isolated event with him. Alec Baldwin has a long and documented history of inappropriate anger outbursts all over the place, including in the workplace (an actress with whom he starred in a play refused to rehearse with him after a series of abusive outbursts) and in public (the most recent being his shouting profanities at cops who would not let him onto his street the day Cory Lidle crashed his plane on it).

It's not enough to judge his entire parenting style, no. But I think it would probably best for everyone involved, not least his daughter, for him to take steps to address his anger and the way he chooses to express it. I'm sure Kim Basinger is no picnic, either. But if he has problems with her he needs to address them appropriately and not take them out on his kid. That's only going to turn her against him.

cincinnati chili
04-21-2007, 09:38 PM
In Ohio, judges are elected, so they already have political aspirations in keeping their job. I don't know about LA though.

Didn't know that about Ohio. That's a good reason not to move back.

BTW, according to this link (http://www.ajs.org/js/CA.htm), some California judges are elected (superior court level), and the others are appointed.

Deepred05
04-23-2007, 03:23 AM
Who says it was Basinger who released the tape? These people have all kinds of maids and housekeepers, nannys and lawyers who would release tapes and pictures in a heartbeat.............

zombielady
04-23-2007, 08:41 AM
Who says it was Basinger who released the tape? These people have all kinds of maids and housekeepers, nannys and lawyers who would release tapes and pictures in a heartbeat.............

The LA police have been known to leak celebrity crap to the news.

And MaineRed... this only one of many that make the news and I wonder... why is that news? I mean, CNN and MSNBC had coverage of Brittney's shaved head FOR TWO DAYS! And OMG will we ever stop hearing about Anna Nicole?? Actually... comparitively... this one is a minor offender... :rolleyes:

Deepred05
04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
For that matter the little girl herself could have leaked the tapes........