PDA

View Full Version : Gotta like Trent, if only for this entry...

Wheelhouse
04-21-2007, 06:25 AM
# Bottom 9: "Help me, Josh Hamilton, you're our only hope... Help me, Josh Hamilton, you're our only hope" Obi-Wan, Josh Hamilton, whatever. Tom Gordon in for the Phightin' Manuels. 6-3. EE and his .157 average is up. But Conine's fine. EE grounds out. 1 hit. Not so good. Rob Butcher had just sent out notes about homerless games at GABP and 1-hitters. That's gone now. Hatteberg homers. It was a shot, too. 5-3, we got free baseball. Redlegs 1, Phightin' Manuels 1

The man likes the Reds!

MaineRed
04-21-2007, 08:45 AM
EE is hitting .157 with the bat. Whoever wrote that is hitting about .057 with the keyboard.

GAC
04-21-2007, 09:06 AM
This offense is obvious struggling overall due to few key players coming out of the gate slumping. But there is some good news...

-after 17 games we are 9-8.
- our starting pitching has been superb.
-Our bullpen was one of the best in MLB the first 2 weeks, and the worst over the last week. They're realistically somewhere in the middle.
- this is one weak division. May be the worst in basbeball.

I remember when the Reds use to have simply disasterous Aprils. This is not a disaster.

The biggest issue about slumps is the mental aspect, and allowing it to really start affecting your mindset and game. Maybe a kid like EE should be sat down and talked to, let him know that they are behind him, and then possibly send him down to AAA for a couple weeks just to get his confidence back. Watching him right now, he is hanging his head and looks defeated.

RANDY IN INDY
04-21-2007, 09:25 AM
EE is hitting .157 with the bat. Whoever wrote that is hitting about .057 with the keyboard.

Unless he starts driving it hard very soon, county road .057 is not far off I-157.

KoryMac5
04-21-2007, 01:08 PM
There will be no sending EE back to AAA. I think personally to be sent to AAA after the season he had in winter ball would do more harm than good. He just needs to play through it, kid has got too much talent to continue to hit like this. Warmer weather is here and may help him snap out of his funk.

Caveat Emperor
04-21-2007, 01:16 PM
There will be no sending EE back to AAA. I think personally to be sent to AAA after the season he had in winter ball would do more harm than good. He just needs to play through it, kid has got too much talent to continue to hit like this. Warmer weather is here and may help him snap out of his funk.

I watched enough years of Aaron Boone at the plate to not be too worried about EE stumbling out of the gate in April.

Kid is talented, he's just pressing hardcore at the plate. This is where Jacoby needs to go and tell him to calm down, stop thinking too much, and just wait for his pitch to hit.

mole44
04-21-2007, 02:06 PM
# Bottom 9: "Help me, Josh Hamilton, you're our only hope... Help me, Josh Hamilton, you're our only hope" Obi-Wan, Josh Hamilton, whatever. Tom Gordon in for the Phightin' Manuels. 6-3. EE and his .157 average is up. But Conine's fine. EE grounds out. 1 hit. Not so good. Rob Butcher had just sent out notes about homerless games at GABP and 1-hitters. That's gone now. Hatteberg homers. It was a shot, too. 5-3, we got free baseball. Redlegs 1, Phightin' Manuels 1

The man likes the Reds!

And I'm supoosed to be able to read AND understand that?

Falls City Beer
04-21-2007, 03:25 PM
And I'm supoosed to be able to read AND understand that?

I know. I feel like a trucker who's just hung up his CB.

Is that some lost tongue of the Phoenicians?

Unassisted
04-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I like that Trent has continued the blog and appreciate how he updates it even more aggressively than Marc did.

But I have to admit that some of his music references make me feel old when I read them. :rockband:

chicoruiz
04-21-2007, 03:28 PM
C. Trent's blog is almost Joycean.

redsfan30
04-21-2007, 03:29 PM
I actually am not a huge fan of Rosencrans' blog. Just rubs me the wrong way.

MartyFan
04-21-2007, 03:35 PM
hilarious

realreds1
04-21-2007, 03:35 PM
I like Trent's blog. It's a nice alternative to game threads.