PDA

View Full Version : Happy Belated Birthday to Redszone

savafan
04-22-2007, 06:58 AM
I don't believe it was mentioned, but this site turned seven years old this past week. It's amazing how far we've come. Thanks again to Boss and GIK!

I do miss the days of the mass Shakira photo postings though. ;)

macro
04-22-2007, 08:53 AM
You know, we've had some people join here as 15-year-olds who are now adults. Another interesting to thing to contemplate is that several people here, myself included, have "talked" to one another almost every day for seven years!

GIK
04-22-2007, 11:45 AM
:birthday:

creek14
04-22-2007, 11:49 AM
You know, we've had some people join here as 15-year-olds who are now adults.

I vividly remember a remark I made to paintmered when he was in high school - now we work in the same building. :eek:

(BTW, the remark was he should change his name to paintmepinstripe.) :laugh:

paintmered
04-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I vividly remember a remark I made to paintmered when he was in high school - now we work in the same building. :eek:

(BTW, the remark was he should change his name to paintmepinstripe.) :laugh:

I don't remember that remark at all. :laugh:

But yes, I joined this site as a 16-year old, high school junior back in early 2001 (I think my join date is off by a few months due to a server hiccup back in aught-two). You can do the math from there.

Matt700wlw
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
The site looks young for it's age

:p:

Caveat Emperor
04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I don't even remember how I stumbled upon this place, but I'm certainly glad that I did.

VR
04-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks again to Boss and GIK!

I'll second that. To think what the Reds message board world was like before Redszone....wow.

Thanks Boss and GIK for your the continuous improvement this site has seen :beerme:

If only the Reds followed the same model...cause they've been treading water for 7 years.

Caseyfan21
04-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Man, I actually do remember the old cincinnati.com message boards. I didn't join this site right away but I read it pretty much from the start. I joined in May 2001 when I was a sophomore in high school. Time sure flies.

cumberlandreds
04-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I don't even remember how I stumbled upon this place, but I'm certainly glad that I did.

Happy Birthday! I just stumbled upon this site also back in 2003. I was just looking for good conversation about the Reds and looked up on a search engine for just such a site. This was one of the first one's that came up and it was a gem! :thumbup: