PDA

View Full Version : Announcers wearing suits

Jim Fazio
04-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Anyone notice that all the tv announcers are wearing suits all the time. Is it because Thom is around or a change in FSN policy. I bet the guys love this change, especially Welsch. Info anyone?

macro
04-22-2007, 10:01 AM
I honestly hadn't noticed, but I rarely get to see the pregame or postgame shows. Interesting point, though. Does Castellini have a say in such matters?

westofyou
04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Anyone notice that all the tv announcers are wearing suits all the time. Is it because Thom is around or a change in FSN policy. I bet the guys love this change, especially Welsch. Info anyone?On Friday Night on EI every announcing team except the Nats wore suits.

jmac
04-22-2007, 10:45 AM
One night this week when it was george and chris,they wore sweaters.

Joseph
04-22-2007, 11:26 AM
One night this week when it was george and chris,they wore sweaters.

Over their shirt and ties though [IIRC]

Put me down for thinking it it much better than the polo shirts of years past.

cincinnati chili
04-22-2007, 11:27 AM
On Friday Night on EI every announcing team except the Nats wore suits.

Does this imply that the mandate came from on high? (i.e. 350 Park Avenue, New York city)

I'm sure announcers will love wearing suits on those August days in Atlanta.

Chip R
04-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Does this imply that the mandate came from on high? (i.e. 350 Park Avenue, New York city)

Yeah, I'm guessing that the coats and ties will disappear on hot days.

Jpup
04-22-2007, 12:55 PM
On Friday Night on EI every announcing team except the Nats wore suits.

sounds like it must be a FSN thing then.

vaticanplum
04-22-2007, 01:12 PM

Don't they have air conditioning in the press box? They're probably more comfortable, even in suits, than we are in the summer.

westofyou
04-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't they have air conditioning in the press box? They're probably more comfortable, even in suits, than we are in the summer.

Not all do.

Chip R
04-22-2007, 01:18 PM

In the press box they may but maybe not in the announcers booth. I think they want the window open to get a feel of the game. Crowd noise, crack of the bat, etc. I went to a game here a few years ago at Cinergy and was with a group in a former press box they converted into group outings. I didn't care for it too much because all the noise was blocked out. Like watching a game on TV with no sound.

Matt700wlw
04-22-2007, 01:31 PM

I know GABP does

Chip R
04-22-2007, 01:36 PM
The guys on the pre-game show are wearing polos/golf shirts today.

redsfan1966
04-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I had noticed the suit wearing lately as well---I wonder if it is a Castellini thing--I know he is a fan of the Big Red Machine days--and that sort of thing would have been in vogue those days, making all team reps wear suits and such...of course, you could never get the players to agree to go back to the no long or facial hair again, once you loosen the rules, you cant put that genie back in the box....

alexad
04-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Knowing how it works, the suits come off during the game. IF they are going to be on camera for a period of time, they will have them on to look professional. IF you every go to a basketball game where there is TV, the first thing an announcer will do is take off the suit jacket and then put it back on at half time. It is not different with Football or baseball games.

IF you ever run into an announcer after a game, he will still have his makeup on. Usually it does not come off until they get back to the hotel or in a dressing room outside of the stadium. On TV they look pretty good, but if you see them in real life, you would laugh your head off that is for sure.

remdog
04-22-2007, 11:32 PM
Thom and Chris were wearing polo shirts today. I didn't see what amnnouncers were wearing on the other game that I watched briefly (Oakland/Texas).

Rem