PDA

View Full Version : What has Krivsky done?

runfreelrun
04-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Since he took over we went from an exciting team with plenty of offense and little pitching who at least played exciting ball by losing games 9-8. Now we are stuck watching a boring team, with little to no offense and average pitching lose games 5-1. I used to hate watching Danny Graves come in and blow game after game, but at least I knew we would mount an offensive against the other team. Now, if we give up 3 runs we are doomed. This team has really regressed at the major league level, and I dont see much hope for this season. Our hopes rest on the shoulders of Bruce, Stubbs, Valaika and Votto, and another season of wasted summer nights.

savafan
04-22-2007, 06:03 PM
Are you seriously asking this question that has been rehashed time and time again?

flyer85
04-22-2007, 06:04 PM
some good some bad.

I still can't fathom not dealing Ross and giving Gonzalez a 3 year deal. Can't help it but I liked Larue. I really think Gonzalez is going to be the next albatross for a franchise that can't seem to get away from them.

This current team really is in no shape to compete even in a very mediocre Central division.

mroby85
04-22-2007, 06:07 PM
i only think that krivsky has made one bad move, but has definately atoned for that by adding arroyo, phillips, and hamilton. the other team may have been more exciting, but teams like that don't win championships, you don't see 9-8 games in the playoffs. not saying this team will, but they're closer than the other one was. The offense should come around, i think they basically have the core of the other offense still around, all they lost was kearns and lopez.

Joseph
04-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Are you seriously grumbling on how we LOSE games? What difference does it make HOW we lose. A loss is a loss and that's what I want to stop seeing. How we win I could care less about, I just want to win. If your honest complaint is that you want to be excited by a slugging offense then go watch American League ball.

flyer85
04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Losing record = lack of talent, something the Reds have been suffering from since the mid 90s.

runfreelrun
04-22-2007, 06:13 PM
My complaint isnt how we lose it is the fact that I am a fan, baseball is a form of entertainment, and this team, win or lose is not entertaining. I know that everyone will say I dont care how we win, and I agree, but I would rather watch us hit ball after ball out of the park and lose, then watch Cole Hammels strike us out 15 times!

flyer85
04-22-2007, 06:17 PM
I'd just rather they win. This roster is such a hodge podge and really makes no sense.

Redlegs
04-22-2007, 06:19 PM
I know that everyone will say I dont care how we win, and I agree, but I would rather watch us hit ball after ball out of the park and lose, then watch Cole Hammels strike us out 15 times!

Often times, players who hit the ball out of the park & strikeouts go hand in hand. Give me solid pitching & defense, and a team that can put the bat on the ball, get the bunts down when needed, etc. That's when you'll see winning baseball thus entertaining baseball.

George Anderson
04-22-2007, 06:22 PM
My complaint isnt how we lose it is the fact that I am a fan, baseball is a form of entertainment, and this team, win or lose is not entertaining. I know that everyone will say I dont care how we win, and I agree, but I would rather watch us hit ball after ball out of the park and lose, then watch Cole Hammels strike us out 15 times!

I think as a fan your ultimate goal is to one day win. There were lotsa problems with this team when WK took over and he is fixing them but it will take time. So far he has seemed to of done a decent job of fixing the starting pitching but it will take time to fix the other problems with this team most obvious the offense and defense. I have no problem sitting and watching BORING low scoring games as long as the team is as we speak being fixed in other ways.

flyer85
04-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Having considerably more talent is when you'll see winning baseball. The style of play has nothing to do with it as teams in recent years have been able to win using completely different styles of play.

adampad
04-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Im not giving up hope just yet. I know they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat right now. But sooner or later they will come around to a respectable average. I think the pitching and defense is much improved over last year. I like the new bullpen guys. Overall, this team just seems a little more "professional" than before. Hopefully the hitting comes around soon and the pitching stays as good as it has been. Dunn fooled me the first week or so. I thought he was going to hit singles and drive in runs this year. But I guess Dunn will still never hit with RISP, strike out nearly half the time, but manage to hit 40 solo shots. I think the success and or failures of this team will fall in the hands of guys like Philips, Edwin, and even Ross. I am truely worried about Edwin.

If I was Jerry Narron I would make this team to watch the games they have played this year, and LEARN from their mistakes. It just seems like they are not thinking out there sometimes.

Anyway, I still think we could win in this division with what we got.

Falls City Beer
04-22-2007, 06:25 PM
Krivsky's first full offseason mirrored DanO's. Eerily.

flyer85
04-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I think the success and or failures of this team will fall in the hands of guys like Philips, Edwin, and even Ross. I am truely worried about Edwin. EE is the one guy I am not worried about. He has a track record that says he will hit, both Phillips and Ross lack the resume.

George Anderson
04-22-2007, 06:30 PM
EE is the one guy I am not worried about. He has a track record that says he will hit, both Phillips and Ross lack the resume.

What he said.

CaiGuy
04-22-2007, 06:33 PM
Krivsky's first full offseason mirrored DanO's. Eerily.

He signed two really good pitchers to Long Term deals, got an outfielder with a lot of potential talent for free, filled a hole at SS, supported Griffey's move to right...he has done far more than DanO ever did. I'm not saying he is the best GM in baseball or has been perfect, but he is nowhere near the dreck of a GM that was DanO.

flyer85
04-22-2007, 06:36 PM
He signed two really good pitchers to Long Term deals, got an outfielder with a lot of potential talent for free, filled a hole at SS,He spent the entire off-season, spent a lot of cash and did not significantly upgrade the talent on the roster and definitely did not fill the hole at SS. A year from now people will probably be screaming for Janish will Gonzo goes out to SS everyday.

CaiGuy
04-22-2007, 06:45 PM
He spent the entire off-season, spent a lot of cash and did not significantly upgrade the talent on the roster and definitely did not fill the hole at SS. A year from now people will probably be screaming for Janish will Gonzo goes out to SS everyday.

Most of the money he spent was on keeping Harang and Arroyo long term.

Gonzo is not paid nearly enough to become an 'albatross' to the club. There is no way his contract ties the Reds down like Griffey and Milton's have(nor will Stanton's).

savafan
04-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Gonzo is not paid nearly enough to become an 'albatross' to the club. There is no way his contract ties the Reds down like Griffey and Milton's have(nor will Stanton's).

How much is Cormier being paid to blow ballgames?

westofyou
04-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Turning a softball team into baseball team is not much easier then turning a pumpkin into a carriage, and IMO anyone who enjoys to watch 9-8 baseball games should probably take up watching slow pitch softball.

Falls City Beer
04-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Turning a softball team into baseball team is not much easier then turning a pumpkin into a carriage, and IMO anyone who enjoys to watch 9-8 baseball games should probably take up watching slow pitch softball.

I may not enjoy watching a 9-8 game, but I despise watching a 9-2 Reds loss.

edabbs44
04-22-2007, 06:58 PM
How much is Cormier being paid to blow ballgames?

$2 million and change. The money that he, Weathers and Stanton are being paid this season is a travesty. Add in Conine and AGone and it's ridiculous.

Then add that to Milton and Griffey and you can see why this team is currently playing at such a low level.