PDA

View Full Version : Quick guess--

Wheelhouse
04-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Without looking it up, how many RBIs do Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez have COMBINED through the first 19 games (neither has been hurt)?

Ravenlord
04-23-2007, 03:21 AM

but to fair, team leaders Brian Schneider and Dmitri Young are on pace for less than 80 each (sorry, i was looking at the Nats earlier tonight).

MrCinatit
04-23-2007, 03:21 AM
I've been watching...If I am not mistaken, it is a grand total of four.
Gonzo has more alone. The struggling EE has more alone. Hamilton and Dunn have more than twice that amount.

camisadelgolf
04-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Just enough to not stop people from complaing about The Trade (in other words, more than negative one). :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Johnny Footstool
04-23-2007, 10:33 AM
How are we supposed to "put the trade behind us" if people keep posting threads like this one?

registerthis
04-23-2007, 10:53 AM
Just enough to not stop people from complaing about The Trade

I'm sorry, should we "anti-traders" post how Bray and Majewski have performed for the Reds so far this year?

Shaggy Sanchez
04-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Without looking it up, how many RBIs do Austin Kearns and Felipe Lopez have COMBINED through the first 19 games (neither has been hurt)?

I don't know without looking it up can you tell me how many wins Bray and Majewski have helped us hold or save this year COMBINED. (Majewski has always been hurt)

flyer85
04-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't know without looking it up can you tell me how many wins Bray and Majewski have helped us hold or save this year COMBINED. (Majewski has always been hurt)I guess for Majewski it will have to be MLEs.

VR
04-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry, should we "anti-traders" post how Bray and Majewski have performed for the Reds so far this year?

both have an era under 1, with no blown saves between them :beerme:

KronoRed
04-23-2007, 12:22 PM
both have an era under 1, with no blown saves between them :beerme:

And no outs recorded :devil:

WMR
04-23-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah we couldn't use a right-handed power bat or a switch hitter in this offense right now... I got it, let's look at their teensy-weensy sample size from this season so far, not take into account they're playing on maybe the weakest team in MLB so they're not going to get crap to hit, and declare that since they now suck--we're ignoring the back of their baseball card, mind you--the trade wasn't really all that bad.

Right.

Degenerate39
04-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah we couldn't use a right-handed power bat or a switch hitter in this offense right now... I got it, let's look at their teensy-weensy sample size from this season so far, not take into account they're playing on maybe the weakest team in MLB so they're not going to get crap to hit, and declare that since they now suck--we're ignoring the back of their baseball card, mind you--the trade wasn't really all that bad.

Right.

Not to mention they're in a pitcher's park.

CTA513
04-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Not to mention they're in a pitcher's park.

Both guys are hitting better at home than on the road.

RedEye
04-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Yes, let's pick RBI, by far the most meaningful demonstration of a player's value offensively because it has NOTHING to do with other variables like the schmucks in the lineup around him. :rolleyes:

I'm so sick of this type of thread.

TRF
04-23-2007, 03:24 PM
FeLo is hitting about as well as Ryan Freel. OBP similar, power similar, especially adjusted for park factors. Freel 4 SB's, Felo 3.

Oh and over the last seven days, FeLo is .387 BA .444 OBP .419 SLG. Now I know AGon has the otherworldly defense going, but his O is a black hole of absolute suck.

Kearns is getting on base at an average rate .341, which over the last 7 games has increased. (Last 7, .387 OBP) He's still searching for his power game, but it'll come.

Bray, Majewski, Clayton, Harris and Thompson have done exactly what for the Reds this year?

I like that Thompson is pitching well at Dayton. Brendan Harris seems to have made himself a part of the DRays. Clayton is mercifally out of the organization. Maj, well, sucks. And Bray hasn't thrown a pitch.

It was NEVER ABOUT WHO WAS TRADED! IT WAS ABOUT THE RETURN!

kaldaniels
04-23-2007, 03:30 PM

Translated into Redzone Olde English....."I Approve of The Trade...now lets fight about it again!" :laugh:

registerthis
04-23-2007, 05:12 PM
both have an era under 1, with no blown saves between them

...and zero innings pitched.

Boo-yah.

Highlifeman21
04-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Mmmmm, I love ribeyes....

Oh wait, we're talking baseball stats, not steaks...

In that case, I don't like RBIs.