PDA

View Full Version : 4-26-07 could be an embarrassing day.

Razor Shines
04-24-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure if this was worthy of it's own thread, but Thursday could be very funny, or sad depending on how you look at it. Randy Keisler is probably going to make the Reds look silly. Yes Randy Keisler. I think the Reds will probably win the first two games and then make Keisler look like Randy Johnson or any other lefty the Reds have faced this season.

rotnoid
04-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure if this was worthy of it's own thread, but Thursday could be very funny, or sad depending on how you look at it. Randy Keisler is probably going to make the Reds look silly. Yes Randy Keisler. I think the Reds will probably win the first two games and then make Keisler look like Randy Johnson or any other lefty the Reds have faced this season.

That coupled with their limited experience against him doesn't bode will. The Reds have a knack for making lefties and rookies look like Sandy Koufax. Imagine what a lefty rookie will do.

[Internal memo/]Note to self, pick up Keisler for Thursday fantasy baseball start[/Internal memo]

Always Red
04-24-2007, 04:42 PM
then again, if it's Keisler, it's just as likely the Reds break out of their season long slump against lefties.

Why can Keisler, Hancock and Franklin pitch for the Cards, and yet could not pitch for the Reds? Is it Dave Duncan?

oneupper
04-24-2007, 04:45 PM
then again, if it's Keisler, it's just as likely the Reds break out of their season long slump against lefties.

Why can Keisler, Hancock and Franklin pitch for the Cards, and yet could not pitch for the Reds? Is it Dave Duncan?

Jeff Weaver is 0-3 with a 13.91 ERA with Seattle. :eek:

Duncan must have a pact with the devil.

cumberlandreds
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM

IMO Duncan is the best pitching coach out there. It seems like every castoff the Cards take in turns it around, at least temporarily.

Always Red
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM

Yes, it was really not smart at all of Mr. Weaver to separate himself from the Guru, was it?? :D

TheBigLebowski
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
The counter to this assertion is that we mash Keisler and management then publicly declares that we have exorcised our left-handed pitching demons and proceed as is. I'd hate to see it but, a dominating performance by Keisler may be just enough to precipitate some sort of move.

redsmetz
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM

I'm not sure about that, but it was reported recently that these two folks were seen leaving the Cardinals clubhouse!

http://members.tripod.com/~jhh_2/Image385.jpg

George Anderson
04-24-2007, 04:54 PM
IMO Duncan is the best pitching coach out there. It seems like every castoff the Cards take in turns it around, at least temporarily.

Whats even more amazing is Duncan is an ex catcher. I know Duncan isnt the first ex catcher turned pitching coach but I am scratching my head trying to think of one let alone a successful one.

REDREAD
04-24-2007, 04:56 PM
The counter to this assertion is that we mash Keisler and management then publicly declares that we have exorcised our left-handed pitching demons and proceed as is. I'd hate to see it but, a dominating performance by Keisler may be just enough to precipitate some sort of move.

True, but at this point, I don't want Wayne making a panic move.

If he makes a panic move, EdE is the primary candidate to be shipped out for pennies on the dollar.

Roy Tucker
04-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey, I saw Keisler pitch a nice game for the Reds against the D-Rays a couple years back.

He looked like Babe Ruth at the plate too.

Razor Shines
04-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Hey, I saw Keisler pitch a nice game for the Reds against the D-Rays a couple years back.

He looked like Babe Ruth at the plate too.

Well I have a feeling Thursday will look like a flash back and you'll think it is, but then you'll closely and see that it's not a "C" on his hat but an interwoven "STL" instead. And you'll curse.