PDA

View Full Version : Reds Hitting

AmarilloRed
04-25-2007, 12:50 AM
The Reds batting average was .228 entering tonight. Does anyone think tonight will start them on the road to improving their hitting?:confused:

HumnHilghtFreel
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
We can only hope. I think we needed a game like this where some guys got it going. BP had 2 hits, Griff finally notched his first HR, AGonz had a huge offensive night... and we actually got this going at the same time that we had a quality start.

Razor Shines
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
The Reds batting average was .228 entering tonight. Does anyone think tonight will start them on the road to improving their hitting?:confused:

I've said all season (19 games) that Jr. will be fine, he's been making pretty good contact and he's being much more patient at the plate this year than he was last year, I look for a decent improvement on last years numbers. This team is much better with him in the line-up, although I've been told several times that this team is better with an outfield of Dunn, Freel and Hamilton everyday.

EE is showing signs of being the player he was last year at the plate.

Ross will most likely pick it up a little bit, but I don't expect a repeat of the first half of last year for him.

AmarilloRed
04-25-2007, 12:58 AM
We will need Gonzalez and Ross to pick it up if Encarcion and Philips continue to struggle. I think overall tonight was the start of the end of their prolonged slump, and we can expect better things in the future.

George Anderson
04-25-2007, 01:01 AM
I've said all season (19 games) that Jr. will be fine, he's been making pretty good contact and he's being much more patient at the plate this year than he was last year, I look for a decent improvement on last years numbers. .

I also think once Jr. gets comfortable with playing right field his offensive numbers will pick up. If he can get comfortable with playing right field and focus on his hitting and not worry about his fielding then I think we will see a big boost from his bat!!

Razor Shines
04-25-2007, 01:03 AM
I also think once Jr. gets comfortable with playing right field his offensive numbers will pick up. If he can get comfortable with playing right field and focus on his hitting and not worry about his fielding then I think we will see a big boost from his bat!!

I agree and he has looked better out there of late, so maybe he is starting to get comfortable.

WVPacman
04-25-2007, 01:05 AM
Amarillo,I really hope this game tonight will get our team clicking on all celinders.BP,Ross,EE,and Griffey all came up with huge hits that hopefully will boost their confidense up.This team should be fine in the ofense catagory!! If Ross,EE,and BP can stay hot and IF JR can stay healthy then that would help our ofense big time.

hebroncougar
04-25-2007, 08:49 AM
I hope Griffey can hit like he did before last year, last year he was atrocious at the plate. They need him. I still think they are better with Freel in the lineup 4-5 times a week..........for someone.

UC_Ken
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Griffey's patience so far is encouraging but it's a small sample size. I don't buy that he's going to have an OBP .100 points higher than his AVG all year. He needs to be more selective than he was last season though.

As for his power numbers they'll come. He hasn't hit home runs in April for three or four years and he seems to get hot when it comes to homers after April.

Degenerate39
04-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Maybe we'll do great on the road this year and crappy at home? Only time will tell.

Razor Shines
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Griffey's patience so far is encouraging but it's a small sample size. I don't buy that he's going to have an OBP .100 points higher than his AVG all year. He needs to be more selective than he was last season though.

As for his power numbers they'll come. He hasn't hit home runs in April for three or four years and he seems to get hot when it comes to homers after April.

It may not be 100 points higher, but it's not that crazy for Griff. For his career his OBP is 83 points higher than his BA. Last year was an odd year for his OBP. An this season is a small sample size so far, but his career is not a small sample size.

UC_Ken
04-25-2007, 01:48 PM
A little off topic here but I was just looking at his career stats. I forgot in 2005 he had a .950 OPS in 130 games. If he can get back to those numbers it will really help the offense.