PDA

View Full Version : At least he understands...

coachw513
04-26-2007, 12:47 PM
From today's DDN:

Josh Hamilton continues to approach his problem-plagued drug and alcohol past with humor. Asked what it's like to go from city to city with the Reds, Hamilton smiled and said, "The first thing I do is make sure they don't give me the key to the mini-bar in my hotel room."

Every day the rest of his life...I hope he never forgets and always has the ability to appreciate how "sunny" his life looks today...

As an aside, if we took about 10 other guys on our team and started giving them drugs, would they start to hit better :evil:

As Hal McCoy succintly reminded us:

What does it say when the player who leads the team in home runs hasn't played professionally for nearly four years? And the same guy leads the team in RBIs?

It says, "Where are all the other guys, and why can't they do what Josh Hamilton is doing?"

And the bottom line of our ineptitude...

Hamilton evened the score in the sixth with his team-leading sixth homer and team-leading 12th RBI.

The rest of the Reds remain on a hitting hiatus, a protracted slump that has them 15th in the National League in batting average at .240, better only than the Houston Astros.

Ouch... :thumbdown

dougdirt
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I dont really think it says 'where is everyone else'. Hamilton is tied for 4th in the league in Home Runs.... does Hal think we should have 3 or 4 guys that high?

TRF
04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
I think it means that it SHOULD be Dunn or Jr., maybe both that should be that high.

What Hamilton is doing is so off the chart it's silly. He has no comp in nearly all of baseball history. His story is that unique. Can he sustain it?

We'll see.

Jr's Boy
04-26-2007, 01:20 PM
It would be nice to see a little competition among the hitters.

dougdirt
04-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Griffey is about 5 more feet from having 7 HRs. I am not going to lose my mind over 3 weeks of baseball.

cincrazy
04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
When was the last time the offense was this team's problem as opposed to the starting pitching. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

jojo
04-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Griffey is about 5 more feet from having 7 HRs. I am not going to lose my mind over 3 weeks of baseball.

Right but the question is this-how reasonable is it to expect him to get those 5 feet back (i.e. can those lost 5 feet be explained by no ST or are they explained by father time)?

dfs
04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
I am not going to lose my mind over 3 weeks of baseball.
Are you sure you're on the right message board? This is redszone. Didn't you have to sign the "chicken little sky is falling" thing in order to be able to post here? :)

KronoRed
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Are you sure you're on the right message board? This is redszone. Didn't you have to sign the "chicken little sky is falling" thing in order to be able to post here? :)

:laugh: :laugh:

Reminds me of the posts scoreboard watching in the first week of the season :evil:

dougdirt
04-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Right but the question is this-how reasonable is it to expect him to get those 5 feet back (i.e. can those lost 5 feet be explained by no ST or are they explained by father time)?

I say he gets those 5 feet back with a strong wrist.

Jaycint
04-26-2007, 03:40 PM

I think it is 90% wrist/hand and 10% father time. From everything I've ever read wrist injuries put a serious hurting on power numbers. I do agree part of it is age related in that maybe 10 years ago he recovers more quickly from said wrist injury.