PDA

View Full Version : Southern WV Reds Fans may be back.

Will
04-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I've noticed the other Southern WV Reds fans complaining about our lack of Radio coverage (Beckley, Logan, ect.) This is due to lack of advertising dollars for the broadcasts in the past. The reason this occured was the emergence of WTBS the Super Station who televised all the Braves games and basically stole many Reds fans in our part of the state.
Now that Turner doesn't own the Braves anymore I understand that WTBS will not televise them after this season. That may at some point get some of the old Reds fans back into the fold (hopefully the Reds will be competitive and add to the allure). I hope that this leads to getting back our radio coverage as well. By the way, does the Reds Caravan still exist and if so do they still venture into Southern WV ?
We got lucky here in Beckley with Sudden Link giving us 145 Reds games through Fox Ohio this year, our normal Fox Sports channel is Pittsburgh.

WVRedsFan
04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
I've noticed the other Southern WV Reds fans complaining about our lack of Radio coverage (Beckley, Logan, ect.) This is due to lack of advertising dollars for the broadcasts in the past. The reason this occured was the emergence of WTBS the Super Station who televised all the Braves games and basically stole many Reds fans in our part of the state.
Now that Turner doesn't own the Braves anymore I understand that WTBS will not televise them after this season. That may at some point get some of the old Reds fans back into the fold (hopefully the Reds will be competitive and add to the allure). I hope that this leads to getting back our radio coverage as well. By the way, does the Reds Caravan still exist and if so do they still venture into Southern WV ?
We got lucky here in Beckley with Sudden Link giving us 145 Reds games through Fox Ohio this year, our normal Fox Sports channel is Pittsburgh.

Right you are, Will. A big tip of the hat to the Reds and Suddenlink for doing this. I've had Extra Innings on my DirecTV dish for a few years, but this is better in that I only have to search for 17 games now and get the home announcers most of the time. Ugh! I forgot about George and Chris. Oh well, it's still 145 games :)

Seriously, good job by both to make this happen.