PDA

View Full Version : Put Junior in a bubble!

savafan
04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Cincinnati Reds OF Ken Griffey Jr. (pleurisy) has been diagnosed with pleurisy, an inflammation in the lining of the cavity surrounding the lungs, according to the Associated Press. He is listed as day-to-day, and although he was not in the starting lineup for the second consecutive game, Friday, April 27, Griffey walked in a pinch-hitting appearance.

I think he may have finally surpassed me on the list of most fragile human beings alive. Congrats Ken! :thumbup:

Matt700wlw
04-28-2007, 06:53 PM
These aren't just injuries now...they're medical conditions.

He's updgraded......and that's not good.

hebroncougar
04-28-2007, 06:54 PM
The second disease this season he's got that I've never heard of. :dunno:

CTA513
04-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Why not put him on the DL if hes having these health problems?

dsmith421
04-28-2007, 07:10 PM
This is truly amazing, I didn't think anyone had gotten pleurisy since the 1880s. I expect Griffey to be down with the catarrh, ague, dropsy, and grippe before the end of the season. Luckily Kremchek has him on lemon juice to ward off the foul scurvy.

reds44
04-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Just put him on the DL.

hebroncougar
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM
This is truly amazing, I didn't think anyone had gotten pleurisy since the 1880s. I expect Griffey to be down with the catarrh, ague, dropsy, and grippe before the end of the season. Luckily Kremchek has him on lemon juice to ward off the foul scurvy.

:laugh: :laugh: :clap: :clap:

oneupper
04-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope Jr. doesn't have a more serious underlying illness.

cacollinsmba
04-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Isn't pleurisy one of the ailments you or your family can get when you play Oregon Trail? Or am I confusing it with dysentary again? :D

savafan
04-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Isn't pleurisy one of the ailments you or your family can get when you play Oregon Trail? Or am I confusing it with dysentary again? :D

I was wondering the same thing.

I'm also questioning why not him put him on the DL, let him rest and get healthy. It's hard enough to win with 25 guys on this team, let alone 24.

Marc D
04-28-2007, 07:26 PM

I actually got it about 7-8 years ago. Its viral and its about one step away from pnumonia(sp?) VERY painful. If he's got that and the IBS thing at the same time that AB last night was impressive.

I'd rep you for making me laugh if I could though. Good stuff. ;)

Razor Shines
04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
I hope Jr. doesn't have a more serious underlying illness.

I'm starting to worry about that also. I seriously just hope he's ok.

Marc D
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm starting to worry about that also. I seriously just hope he's ok.

The first illness could easily have caused the second. I wouldn't worry(but hope he's ok obviously).

TeamBoone
04-28-2007, 10:41 PM
The first illness could easily have caused the second. I wouldn't worry(but hope he's ok obviously).

I don't think so... it would be a longshot.

durl
04-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Why not put him on the DL if hes having these health problems?

What's the Reds record with him in the lineup compared to without him? I believe we fare better when he starts. Anyone got numbers on that?

Also, Jr is one of our best clutch hitters right now. We really need him to play.

Marc D
04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
I don't think so... it would be a longshot.

I had one illness that ran down my immune system and led to plurisy(sp). Completely unrelated but the cumlitive effect got me and the doc said plur often comes about that way, when your body is too weak to fight the virus.

SunDeck
04-28-2007, 11:10 PM

I don't know, but the poor guy's bound to get that, too.

Degenerate39
04-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Griffey can't catch a break as a Red

jmac
04-29-2007, 12:09 AM
I was wondering the same thing.

I'm also questioning why not him put him on the DL, let him rest and get healthy. It's hard enough to win with 25 guys on this team, let alone 24.

If this is one of those cases where he misses so many starts.....yes DL him.
As you said....not another one of those play with 24 again.
Get well Jr.

jmac
04-29-2007, 12:10 AM

Please dont say those 3 words....Griffey-break-reds.

savafan
04-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Please dont say those 3 words....Griffey-break-reds.

Shouldn't say "can't catch" either! :p:

George Foster
04-29-2007, 12:48 AM

he can't catch a break and that is to bad, it's a shame really. No one however, is talking about the "big pick elephant" in the room.

Jr.'s body will not allow him to play major league baseball anymore...period.
Sure he can play a stretch of a month or so, but that's it. His body has let him down, weather it is his fault for not keeping in shape, or just bad luck, it is what it is. He should retire, but he won't because there is way to much money on the table.