View Full Version : Astros Series

TOBTTReds
04-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Here are the matchups:

Tue: B. Arroyo vs. M. Albers
Wed: K. Lohse vs. R. Oswalt
Thu: E. Milton vs. W. Rodríguez

---------------

Would you considering moving Milton to Wed to face Oswalt if we win Tuesday? Basically sacrifice Wednesday, then send Lohse out to face Wandy on Thursday. I have the fear of losing 2-1 on Wed and I think if we win the first game, that would be the best way to win 2.

guttle11
04-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I like it the way it is. Lohse has a much better chance to keep up with Oswalt if Roy is dealing. I think Thursday's game has 9-8 written all over it. Both could be winnable.

Bronson better get a W Tuesday.

RedFanAlways1966
04-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Would you considering moving Milton to Wed to face Oswalt if we win Tuesday? Basically sacrifice Wednesday...

The only time Eric Milton has started a game for the REDS in Houston was against Roy Oswalt on April 10, 2005.

The REDS lost 5-2. The REDS managed 6 hits in the game ... one a solo HR by Wily Mo Pena. Milton... 4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 3 HRA.

Falls City Beer
04-29-2007, 09:54 PM
All I know is that the Astros clobbered the Reds in every way when they came to town most recently.

Just avoid making the games "battles of bullpens" because the Astros WILL win if that happens.

Ron Madden
04-29-2007, 10:09 PM
With the off day Monday I'd bump Belisle ahead of Milton in the rotation and start Matt on Thursday.against Oswalt,

oneupper
04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
The REDS should show up in Pirates uniforms to trick those guys.

Big Klu
04-29-2007, 10:49 PM
The Reds website has Rodriguez listed as pitching on Wedsnesday and Oswalt on Thursday.

jmac
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
The Reds website has Rodriguez listed as pitching on Wedsnesday and Oswalt on Thursday.

If that is the case...may as well rest the starters on thursday cause they wont score 7 off oswalt !

TeamSelig
04-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I like Milton vs. Oswalt. ;) We will probably get shut out anyways. Hopefully we can get the first 2 games and make that third against Oswalt not matter as much.

TOBTTReds
04-30-2007, 12:00 AM

Well that would be great. I got my info off of Yahoo sports.

PuffyPig
04-30-2007, 12:07 AM
All I know is that the Astros clobbered the Reds in every way when they came to town most recently.

Just avoid making the games "battles of bullpens" because the Astros WILL win if that happens.

If by "clobber" you mean they won 2 very close games, the "clobber" it was.

Battle of the bullpens? Their's has been better, about 0.80 runs per 9 innings, or about a third of a run per game. I'm guessing we would still have a chance if the bullpens were involved with that little difference.

George Foster
04-30-2007, 12:53 AM
I think the "day off" could not come at a worse time for the Reds. Our bats are just starting to heat up. I hope Jerry makes them take some "real" batting practice on the field Monday.

Falls City Beer
04-30-2007, 07:49 AM
If by "clobber" you mean they won 2 very close games, the "clobber" it was.

Battle of the bullpens? Their's has been better, about 0.80 runs per 9 innings, or about a third of a run per game. I'm guessing we would still have a chance if the bullpens were involved with that little difference.

Since when is a 7-2 loss a "close" game?

The Astros, not known for a thunderous offense, scored 15 runs in two games against the Reds. That's a clobbering.

PuffyPig
04-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Since when is a 7-2 loss a "close" game?

The Astros, not known for a thunderous offense, scored 15 runs in two games against the Reds. That's a clobbering.

A 7-2 game is a close game when it's 1-2 in the 8th inning.

The second game was 2-6 in the 8th inning.

Any game in which the losing team was winning in the 8th has to be close.

HotCorner
04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
With the off day Monday I'd bump Belisle ahead of Milton in the rotation and start Matt on Thursday.against Oswalt,

I like this idea too! :thumbup:

oneupper
04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I like this idea too! :thumbup:

So...you pitch Milton on Friday vs. Colorado (at GABP)?

REDS have 16 straight games, 7 with Houston and the last six on the west coast (LA, SD). Milton is going to pitch...whether we like it or not.

...and the matchups from this Astros series are scheduled to repeat starting Monday in Cincinnati.

I'd rather sacrifice him against pitchers we are unlikely to beat (Oswalt) than match him up against another #4 or #5 and hope we prevail in a slugfest.

I'd also rather pitch Milton away from GABP. (the further, the better).

TOBTTReds
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
So...you pitch Milton on Friday vs. Colorado (at GABP)?

NOOO! I'm flying home Friday morning and I have tix to that game! I saw Milty pitch too often last year. I have a 4 out of 5 chance of seeing a good pitcher start Friday, it should be Belisle.

Big Klu
04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
NOOO! I'm flying home Friday morning and I have tix to that game! I saw Milty pitch too often last year. I have a 4 out of 5 chance of seeing a good pitcher start Friday, it should be Belisle.

I have been to five games this season--Opening Day, the Saturday night Blanket Game against the Phillies, and all three games this past weekend in Pittsburgh. The Reds are 3-2 in games I have attended. Both losses were started by Eric Milton. Friday night, the Reds were down 3-0 before I could even get to my seat!

2-0 when Aaron Harang starts.
1-0 when Matt Belisle starts.
0-2 when Eric Milton starts.