PDA

View Full Version : Interesting/useful Score Book

Joseph
04-30-2007, 05:36 PM
http://www.bcscorebook.com/

I know some of you still enjoy keeping score at home, or even when you go to the game, so I thought I'd mention this little book here.

Some of you XM listeners may have heard it mentioned here and there on the channel, but having a copy myself that I keep up with around half the time, I can say it's pretty interesting to have something done like this.

Sure it's just a score card book, spiral bound pages of score cards, nothing special, but it still is a nice way to connect with the 'old school' side of baseball some of us grew up with.

No I'm not affiliated with the site or the product or the people, just thought I'd share something relatively neat with you all. Enjoy or ignore or anywhere in between.

RFS62
04-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Looks very nice, Joseph. Too bad keeping score is out of style now. I used to keep a scorecard of every game I went to. Looking back on some of the ones I still have from the '60's brings back a lot of great memories.

writerdan33
04-30-2007, 11:18 PM
It's a broadcaster's scorebook created by Bob Carpenter. While you have one side's batting order up, the opposing defense is at the top of the page. Great tool for those of us who do baseball on the radio.

I've used it for three years, and would love it even if I were just scoring for the fun of it.

Joseph
04-30-2007, 11:28 PM
For those of you scoring at home, congratulations.

Seriously though, I'll be here all week.

I know there aren't many people who do keep score, I just like that you have your whole teams scorecards together, if you're a keepsake sort of person. I know in this day and age people will just go to retrosheet.org and look up the box score and don't want to take the time nor the effort to keep score, but I think things like this still have a great place in baseball and is still a relevant and important part of the game.

reds1869
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
I read a wonderful little book called The Joy of Keeping Score a while back. I highly recommend it.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/dugout0k.shtml

RFS62
05-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Teaching a kid how to keep score is a rite of passage in baseball.

It's a dying art that needs to be passed on.