PDA

View Full Version : Jon Coutlangas and Brad Salmon

AmarilloRed
05-02-2007, 01:46 AM
2 young relief pitcher who throw hard. Salmon seemed to have the advantage as he could actually throw strikes,but it could have been a bad night for him. What do you think of them. I saw the first game of the series on tv, so this is how i received my impressions.:cool:

mroby85
05-02-2007, 01:49 AM
i like coutlangas in lefty lefty matchups, but other than that, i don't know how much i'd use him. as for salmon, he had some nice velocity, and i was rather impressed with him. also seemed to have good command.

Topcat
05-02-2007, 01:54 AM
The triple was an error and he otherwise will be fine. His upside is far more promising than other guys in the pen and his price tag for being average art best makes him a complete bargain.

Ravenlord
05-02-2007, 03:21 AM
i like coutlangas in lefty lefty matchups, but other than that, i don't know how much i'd use him. as for salmon, he had some nice velocity, and i was rather impressed with him. also seemed to have good command.

right now Coutlangas is best in the LOOGY role, but give him more exeperience and i think he'll be able to get righties too. dude has viscious stuff at times.

AmarilloRed
05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Last night, Coutlangas could not hit the broad side of a barn. Lets hope he will do better in the future.:pray:

Razor Shines
05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
2 young relief pitcher who throw hard. Salmon seemed to have the advantage as he could actually throw strikes,but it could have been a bad night for him. What do you think of them. I saw the first game of the series on tv, so this is how i received my impressions.:cool:

Well Couter usually throws his fastball in the upper 80s and touches the lower 90s. But it looks like he throws harder than that because he has some other nice pitches and he's deceptive. I do like him as a LOOGY guy and I think he can help the Reds out of the pen for years to come.

I really liked Salmon, he only threw one pitch that wasn't a fastball though. I think just the fact that he can throw in the mid to upper 90s will help the Reds, if he can develop his other pitches he will be dominating in the future.

dougdirt
05-02-2007, 03:08 PM

Last year lefties hit .156 against him and righties hit .197 against him. Granted it was AA, but neither side was hitting him.

coachw513
05-02-2007, 03:34 PM
right now Coutlangas is best in the LOOGY role, but give him more exeperience and i think he'll be able to get righties too. dude has viscious stuff at times.

I get excited seeing Cout against LH batters...:thumbup:

I shudder when seeing him against a RH...not that he's not capable, but he's virtually unhittable against a lefty...

It's the biggest reason I think Bray is really needed back upon good health...it's easier to LOOGY Coutlangus if you have both Stanton and 1 more LH...heck, even without Bray 1 of the main reasons you keep 12 in the pen is to allow for matchup bullpen strategy...

coachw513
05-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Last year lefties hit .156 against him and righties hit .197 against him. Granted it was AA, but neither side was hitting him.

I read this after my 1st response...that's interesting...maybe my personal confidence isn't statistically relevant...I'd love him to have that kindof success against RH at this level...