PDA

View Full Version : Must watch

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
05-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Last night I had the pleasure of tearing down wallpaper and painting my basement when I noticed something. I was able to continue painting and casually watch the game except when Josh Hamilton was up to bat. It was about three atbats until I noticed it, but every time like clockwork I would put down my roller and grab a spot on the sofa. In his first year in the bigs he has my attention, and now im trying to figure out what it is. I at first thought it was THE STORY that was drawing me in, that I was watching so closely in hopes that my support would in some way make him the player he almost never was and is now being given another chance to be. After sorting through it all in my mind I think I have figured it out. In every single at bat, in my mind i feel as if I am witnessing the birth of greatness and I very well could be. Never in all of the baseball I have watched have I seen a hitter with the mix of poise, power, contact, patience, and speed as this kid. I know alot of people are saying "yea but it's early" but to me thats the amazing part of it. He will continue to improve his approach, his average may slip a bit, but I will go out on a limb and say that the best by far is yet to come. When it does, no matter what I'm doing or where I'm at I will be watching. So this brings me to a question of all of you. In all of sports past or present, who are the athletes that you would drop everything to watch, and to take it even further lets say that RZ has just invented a time machine which would allow us to go back in time to any event in sports, or even forward in time to maybe watch a seasoned Homer Bailey pitch in 2010. Where would you go, who would you see. Would seing it in person live up to whats been written?

Chip R
05-02-2007, 01:55 PM
So this brings me to a question of all of you. In all of sports past or present, who are the athletes that you would drop everything to watch, and to take it even further lets say that RZ has just invented a time machine which would allow us to go back in time to any event in sports, or even forward in time to maybe watch a seasoned Homer Bailey pitch in 2010. Where would you go, who would you see. Would seing it in person live up to whats been written?

I'd like to see Bench in 1970. I'd like to see the Babe play too.

bucksfan2
05-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I agree with you on this one. I stop and watch every time Hamilton is up to bat. I also find myself checking the box scores the next day to see how he did. I really haven't done this since the pre-strike hr chase with Jr. I think the reasons for this are that Hamilton has movie written all over him. He has unreal talent, has hit rock bottom, climbed from the depths, and he is the only player that has played baseball at a high level after 5 years off since the second world war. To top it off Hamilton looks like a kid out there just playing baseball. He is out there every chance he gets and is just enjoying the game of baseball.

OesterPoster
05-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I can't stand the NBA, but I always watched the last few minutes of every single Bulls game on WGN when it was the Jordan and Pippen show....sometimes even the entire game. I haven't watched an entire NBA game since those glory days for the Bulls.

I stop what I'm doing to watch Hamilton bat, and my wife is slowly getting the idea too.