PDA

View Full Version : Ugghh, and the newest Yankee pitcher will be...

Benihana
05-02-2007, 02:47 PM
CC Sabathia. Thats my guess at least.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/Sabathia-available-if-team-falters?urn=mlb,30827

Will M
05-02-2007, 02:56 PM
No.

I don't think the Yankees have much left to trade in the minor leagues.

Also - EVERY good major league player who is on the trade market is rumored to be going to the Yankees/Mets/red Sox. There is a huge media bias towards these teams. Just try to ignore these types of rumors.

Degenerate39
05-02-2007, 03:55 PM
The newest Yankee pitcher should be none other than ERIC MILTON

PuffyPig
05-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Since Cleveland is in first place, they don't look to be tumbling out of contention anytime soon.

The Yankees might be though.

Sabathia would cost the yankees, for starters, Hughes.

Red Leader
05-02-2007, 04:05 PM
I'd trade Milton to the Yankees for the rights to Drew Henson right about now.

dabvu2498
05-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd trade Milton to the Yankees for the rights to Drew Henson right about now.

Typical Michigan fan. ;)

Red Leader
05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
Typical Michigan fan. ;)

Yeah, that was a bit homer-ish.

Give me Jackson Melian instead...

Chip R
05-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Typical Michigan fan. ;)

:laugh:

StillFunkyB
05-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, that was a bit homer-ish.

How about Ed Yarnall? Maybe he can pitch right handed. ;)

Ltlabner
05-02-2007, 05:17 PM

How about Cesar Milan?

Red Leader
05-02-2007, 05:23 PM
How about Cesar Milan?

I'd take him.

M2
05-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Since Cleveland is in first place, they don't look to be tumbling out of contention anytime soon.

Exactly. Sabathia's the ace pitcher on a pretty good team. He's not going anywhere.

On a separate note, ex-Reds draftee Colin Curtis is looking pretty tasty since he joined the Yankees last year. He needs to show more power, but he's doing quite well in high A at the moment.

TeamSelig
05-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Wonder if we could ship out Arroyo for Hughes

M2
05-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Wonder if we could ship out Arroyo for Hughes

Why would the Reds do that?

TeamSelig
05-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Why wouldn't the Reds do that?

M2
05-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Why wouldn't the Reds do that?

Because a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

ramp101
05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
No.

I don't think the Yankees have much left to trade in the minor leagues.

Also - EVERY good major league player who is on the trade market is rumored to be going to the Yankees/Mets/red Sox. There is a huge media bias towards these teams. Just try to ignore these types of rumors.

The Yankees have a pretty darn good farm system these days

Strikes Out Looking
05-02-2007, 10:05 PM

I think the Yankees farm system is now the Yankees starting rotation.

Chip R
05-02-2007, 11:25 PM

Then if they want Sabathia, they should have to pay through the nose.

ramp101
05-03-2007, 12:54 AM
I think the Yankees farm system is now the Yankees starting rotation.

Can't tell if that is sarcasm or not, but if it's not, they have more to the system than just Phil Hughes

Will M
05-03-2007, 03:36 PM

based on what?

M2
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
based on what?

Market perception. BA ranks their system #5 overall.

DoogMinAmo
05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Cleveland will finish the season ahead of the Yanks. Sabathia is not going anywhere.

Will M
05-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Market perception. BA ranks their system #5 overall.

ok

i personally don't believe much in 'market perception' when it comes to baseball.
there is a HUGE bias towards the yankees/red sox/mets etc

M2
05-03-2007, 11:50 PM
ok

i personally don't believe much in 'market perception' when it comes to baseball.

And that huge bias enables them to trade their prospects for talented veterans. See, market perception in action.

Unless you own a crystal ball (and even if you do I doubt it comes with instructions), then you're in the same boat as the rest us -- e.g. not really knowing how any single individual prospect will work out in the future. The only thing the baseball industry has to measure the relative strength of a team's farm system (getting back to your "based on what?" comment) is market perception. We'll find out in five years who really had a strong farm system in 2007, but in the meantime the baseball industry seems to think what the Yankees have looks pretty good.

vaticanplum
05-04-2007, 12:37 AM
ok

I really think it's funny that talk of bias usually come from people who want to talk about these teams (and the "bias" towards them).

There's a lot of media attention on them because they have the biggest fanbases and talk of them will sell the best. Simple. There is not, however, much of a bias among knowledgable baseball types as far as things like the farm systems go; the Yankees' has been (rightfully) pounded on for several years up until maybe two or so years ago. Cashman and company began to put a marked focus on the farm system a few years back about the same time Steinbrenner started to step back a bit, and it's starting to show. It may not pan out just as any group of early 20s kids might not, but as it stands now, it's quite decent. The Mets are almost the opposite: quite good for a while, and we're seeing the effect, but there's been a bit of a drop off I think. I don't know much about the Red Sox farm system.