PDA

View Full Version : Jared Burton

jamess697
05-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Is Burton the second player to be named from the Denorfia trade? Just wondering, because I don't see him on the big league club soon.

redsmetz
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Is Burton the second player to be named from the Denorfia trade? Just wondering, because I don't see him on the big league club soon.

Burton is on the DL and is currently doing a rehab assignment in AA Chattanooga. As I recall, I think Krivsky said he is NOT the additional player to be named in the Denorfia trade.

Joseph
05-02-2007, 08:50 PM
He has 30 days of rehab by rule if I'm not mistaken. Barring catastrophic injury to the parent club he won't sniff the majors until then.

TeamSelig
05-02-2007, 09:53 PM
How is he doing in AAA?

rotnoid
05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
How is he doing in AAA?

Is he back up from Chattanooga yet? I never heard. I'm guessing the Bats are still up north on the cold road trip.

camisadelgolf
05-03-2007, 03:43 AM
According to John Fay, Jared Burton is not the second PTBNL. Personally, I would've been happy if the deal where Denorfia-for-McBeth, but instead, the Reds get McBeth, cash, and a player to be named later (who is said to be close to the Major Leagues). I'm probably just imagining this, but I think I might remember reading somewhere that the second player could take several months to name.