PDA

View Full Version : Pitching

BEETTLEBUG
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I say on Boston.com that the Reds have interest in Julian Tavarez. What for and what do you folks think? It also said Tigers are looking for a lefty maybe (Frenchy)?

reds1869
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I see no reason to add an older, ineffective pitcher to this staff. Been there, done that, bought the neck brace.

Doro
05-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I like Tavarez. I like him 10x more out of the pen than starting though. Hes still got stuff and knows how to use it. Hes also intimidating which we dont really have any kinda pitcher like that. Hes been know to throw at heads and back people off the plate...... I like him.

BRM
05-04-2007, 11:23 AM
From MLB Trade Rumors:

Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe speculates that when Jon Lester finishes a satisfactory stint at Tripe A Pawtucket, it will be necessary to move a Red Sox pitcher either through waivers or a trade. "The affected pitchers could be Julian Tavarez, Joel Piņeiro, J.C. Romero, or Kyle Snyder... Tavarez would have value to several teams, particularly National League clubs looking for a middle reliever or a starter. The Mets, Cardinals, Phillies, Rockies, Marlins, and Reds would all be candidates."

Always Red
05-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I like Tavarez. I like him 10x more out of the pen than starting though. Hes still got stuff and knows how to use it. Hes also intimidating which we dont really have any kinda pitcher like that. Hes been know to throw at heads and back people off the plate...... I like him.

Yes, Tavarez has a certain Pedro Borbon-type flair/attitude/insousiance to him, doesn't he?