PDA

View Full Version : Carpenter out at least 3 months

edabbs44
05-05-2007, 03:34 PM
rotoworld and cbssportsline both reporting:

Carpenter to undergo elbow surgery

Chris Carpenter will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his right elbow and is expected to miss at least three months.

savafan
05-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Thank you Yahoo can't cut list...

cincrazy
05-05-2007, 03:43 PM
Good bye, St. Louis. I must say, I won't miss you much.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
The Cardinals are in bad shape right now. Carpenter is going to miss more than half the season. Kip Wells got rocked again today (seven runs in 4.1 innings). Wainwright is getting rocked as a starter. Reyes continues to be overrated, and Looper got roughed up in his last start, which will probably be the normal for him. And that's just the pitching.

Edmonds bat is very slow these days. He looks like he's done. Rolen isn't hitting. Eckstein has been awful. Pujols and Duncan are all they have, and Duncan can't hit lefties. Plus their farm system stinks.

edabbs44
05-05-2007, 03:55 PM
The Cardinals are in bad shape right now. Carpenter is going to miss more than half the season. Kip Wells got rocked again today (seven runs in 4.1 innings). Wainwright is getting rocked as a starter. Reyes continues to be overrated, and Looper got roughed up in his last start, which will probably be the normal for him. And that's just the pitching.

Edmonds bat is very slow these days. He looks like he's done. Rolen isn't hitting. Eckstein has been awful. Pujols and Duncan are all they have, and Duncan can't hit lefties. Plus their farm system stinks.

I think Wainwright and Reyes will both end up as effective starters this season.

AmarilloRed
05-05-2007, 03:56 PM
The Cardinals are history for 2007. They may just end up in last place.:laugh:

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Wainwright and Reyes will both end up as effective starters this season.

I don't. I think both will fail as starters. Especially Wainwright.

Falls City Beer
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Yep. The Cards are dead.

No team in this Central has room to lose their ace.

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Yep. The Cards are dead.

No team in this Central has room to lose their ace.

You must be heartbroken.;)

Falls City Beer
05-05-2007, 04:06 PM
You must be heartbroken.;)

There's something very sad about the Reds not going for it when the division has been winnable two years in a row.

Degenerate39
05-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Thank you Yahoo can't cut list...

Exactly what I said. Now I'm stuck with him 2 out of my 4 teams.

justincredible
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Exactly what I said. Now I'm stuck with him 2 out of my 4 teams.

It's not so bad with the DL spots, though. I also have him in 2 of my 4 teams. :bang:

jmac
05-05-2007, 04:31 PM

I think this solidifies putting the STL in the Reds category.
I cant believe I am saying this and I surely dont want to....but the cubs may move to the upper tier now in the division.They have enough fire power in the lineup and Bp. I do so hope I am wrong about them though.They can win 3 more games the rest of the season and I wont cry about it.

savafan
05-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I think this solidifies putting the STL in the Reds category.
I cant believe I am saying this and I surely dont want to....but the cubs may move to the upper tier now in the division.They have enough fire power in the lineup and Bp. I do so hope I am wrong about them though.They can win 3 more games the rest of the season and I wont cry about it.

If Carlos Zambrano could remember that he's Carlos Zambrano...maybe...

Yachtzee
05-05-2007, 04:45 PM
Wow, this really could be Milwaukee's year. There's plenty of baseball to be played, and I'm not willing to count the Reds out, but if the Reds don't turn things around, I could certainly appreciate a run by the Brew Crew. It's been a while for them.

Of course it is a long season yet.

maniem
05-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Wow, this really could be Milwaukee's year. There's plenty of baseball to be played, and I'm not willing to count the Reds out, but if the Reds don't turn things around, I could certainly appreciate a run by the Brew Crew. It's been a while for them.

Of course it is a long season yet.

Agreed, if the Reds continue to tank, I'll be pulling for the Brew Crew to win. It's always nice to root for a team that hasn't been good for a long time and has experienced the same type of pain Reds fans of the last 10 years have. I'd much rather see them win it then the Cubs, Cards, or Astros.

edabbs44
05-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I don't. I think both will fail as starters. Especially Wainwright.

Any specific reason?

OnBaseMachine
05-05-2007, 05:07 PM
Any specific reason?

Neither have ever impressed me. Wainwright's minor league numbers were ok, but nothing stood out. His numbers project him to a number four starter. And Reyes, I like him more than Wainwright, but he gives up a bunch of homers. I've just never been overlyimpressed with him. Reyes may turn out to be a decent starter but he won't be the ace or number two that people thought he would be.