PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mr. Wayne Krivsky

reds44
05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Wayne,

Any time you want to make personell changes to the bullpen, go ahead. Anytime you want to stop sitting on your hands, go ahead. Anytime you want to try to fix the mess you made, go ahead.

With no love,
reds44

TC81190
05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Mike Stanton needs to take a long walk off a short pier, I assume?

reds44
05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Mike Stanton needs to take a long walk off a short pier, I assume?
Coffey can do the same.

DTCromer
05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Wayne,

Any time you want to make personell changes to the bullpen, go ahead. Anytime you want to stop sitting on your hands, go ahead. Anytime you want to try to fix the mess you made, go ahead.

With no love,
reds44

I think Wayne knows this. Aside from trading anyone decent on this team, don't expect much help. Just praying and holding on until BB and GM come back. . .

TC81190
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
That BP is awesome.

...ly bad.

Natty Redlocks
05-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Wayne,

With no love,
reds44

I've been trying to figure out how you feel about the bullpen, it's a real puzzler

reds44
05-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Updated ERAs:
Stanton 8.10
Coffey 6.06

TC81190
05-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Coffey needs some AAA time to seriously straighten things out. Fortunately, I think Stanton is about out of time here.

I(heart)Freel
05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Not sure what's more annoying:

watching the bullpen blow it again tonight, OR

being forced to watch that awful Buckra/Gold Star chili commercial?

It hurts. It hurts so bad.

redsmetz
05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Coffey needs some AAA time to seriously straighten things out. Fortunately, I think Stanton is about out of time here.

I think Coffey to Louisville might be the best step to take right now.

It was very interesting tonight to listen to Marty and Jeff talk about the match-ups that the Reds were hoping to set up and how Stanton walking the batter fouled everything up. Marty also commented that the bullpen might sink Jerry Narron and he believes that would be a shame.

Very discouraging, to say the least.

snowstorm
05-07-2007, 09:43 PM
For those familiar with our minor leagues, is there anyone who could be brought up to pitch out of the bullpen? (No Homer Bailey, please)

reds44
05-07-2007, 09:44 PM
For those familiar with our minor leagues, is there anyone who could be brought up to pitch out of the bullpen? (No Homer Bailey, please)
Marcus McBeth (AAA)
Calvin Medlock (AA)

Those are probably the 2 best options. I guess Majewski is an option whenever he returns from his sister's funeral.

Natty Redlocks
05-07-2007, 09:45 PM

I hear they have this guy named Salmon

mth123
05-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Already here and not being used. May as well have left him down there and kept Cormier. Now when he does get around to it, he'll look bad from rust and get buried.

The team comments about not having enough hard throwers and makes a move to bring one up and then leaves him sit when a K is what is needed.

HumnHilghtFreel
05-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Wasn't he called up?

schroomytunes
05-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Coffey needs to be sent back down to AAA, and Stanton needs to be DFA. There is simply no excuse for these performances in May! The bullpen is simply killing this teams and the fans morale. I simply have no confidence in them when they enter the game. I would bring up Dumatrait to take Stantons spot, and Macbeth to take Coffey's. Dumatrait could then be the long reliever with Saarloos, and hopefully Burton, Bray, Majik, and easy Eddie make it back before the ship sinks.

Natty Redlocks
05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Wasn't he called up?

Gotta work on my sarcasm

guttle11
05-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Dear Wayne,

You've lost me until you make significant changes to the bullpen.

Signed,
Fan support

PS: Narron can go to, if you so choose. Not priority #1, though.

Ltlabner
05-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Dear Wayne,

If you make a move now, and it doesn't work out, people will say you panicked.

Signed,
Screwed Either Way

reds44
05-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Dear Wayne,

If you make a move now, and it doesn't work out, people will say you panicked.

Signed,
Screwed Either Way
Not true.

If he goes out and trades Dunn and Edwin for 2 relievers, then I'll say he paniced.

There is a middle ground you know?

edabbs44
05-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Dear Bob,

Please buy a time machine and give it to Wayne.

Sincerely,
Ed

Dear Wayne,

Please get into the time machine that Bob bought for you and admit on the day you were named GM that you have no clue how to construct a bullpen. Then, as job #1, go out and hire a bullpen GM. Thanks...it will save you a lot of hair and grief.

Sincerely,
Ed

edabbs44
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Not true.

If he goes out and trades Dunn and Edwin for 2 relievers, then I'll say he paniced.

Not for Wayne. Didn't you hear the one about the price of relief pitching?

Ltlabner
05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Not true.

You mean like trading Deno for an interesting AAA prospect and possibly another PTBNL arm?

Like DFAing Cormier and calling up Salmon?

Like extending Coffey's contract in an effort to instill some confidence in him?

Like bringing in Sarrloos and Santos (from outside a farm system that seemed cursed) to bolster the pen?

You say "sitting on his hands" yet Wayne's made moves to adress the bullen. Obviously, more are needed. I just don't agree with your premise that Wayne is "sitting on his hands" and doing nothing.

edabbs44
05-07-2007, 10:09 PM
You mean like trading Deno for an interesting AAA prospect and possibly another PTBNL arm?

Like extending Coffey's contract in an effort to instill some confidence in him?

Like bringing in Sarrloos and Santos (from outside a farm system that seemed cursed) to bolster the pen?

You say "sitting on his hands" yet Wayne's made moves to adress the bullen. Obviously, more are needed. I just don't agree with your premise that Wayne is "sitting on his hands".

More isn't needed. Wayne has done enough with the bullpen.

Marc D
05-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Dear Wayne,

We've seen your moves designed to fix the pen. Please just put the phone down.

Regards,

King Pyrrhus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epirus_%28region%29)

Blue
05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
When Krivsky came here the Reds had a good offense, but no starting pitching and no relief pitching. Now they have a good offense and good starting pitching, but no relief pitching. The bullpen is a mess, but it wasn't his creation.

If you want to sign good relievers in the offseason, its going to come at the expense of your farm system and might cripple your team from a payroll standpoint. If you want to trade for them, its going to come at a cost to your team or your farm system. The desperation move this year might be that the Reds use the MLB draft to fix the bullpen, and there are only a couple guys who I think can make an impact by next year, and at least one of them would require a serious over-draft, and it would require us to pass on some excellent prospects in a strong draft year.

There are a couple guys down on the farm who might be ready to contribute, but you can't really tell how good they'll be at this level, and you've got Bill Bray and Gary Majewski coming back at some point, which may or may not help. Personally, I'd like to see Marcus McBeth and Calvin Medlock pitching in the majors immediately, and Mike Stanton and Todd Coffey somewhere other than Cincinnati. At least that way we could see if these kids have what it takes. They couldn't be much worse.

Krusty
05-07-2007, 10:15 PM
How much for that Brad Lidge in the window?

reds44
05-07-2007, 10:18 PM

You say "sitting on his hands" yet Wayne's made moves to adress the bullen. Obviously, more are needed. I just don't agree with your premise that Wayne is "sitting on his hands" and doing nothing.
A. McBeth is in AAA, hasn't been up here yet.
B. The Cormier move was obvious, and Cormier did enough since he got traded to cost the team game.
C. Extending guys to boost confidences are never good.
E. Saarloos is fine and I don't think Santos is any good. Both of those moves were int he offseason too.

He's DFA'd Cormier and called up Salmon. Got to do better then that.

Call up McBeth and Medlock and I'll shut up for awhile.

StillFunkyB
05-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Dear Wayne,

Please don't panic and trade Adam Dunn, and Edwin Encarnacion for Jesus Colome, and Chad Cordero.

Thanks,
Adam from Milwaukee

Tom Servo
05-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Dear Wayne,

I'm waiting.

Sincerely,
Jim Bowden

reds44
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Medlock gave up 3 runs tonight.

What do I know?

CTA513
05-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Dear Wayne Krivsky,

I have a 0.00 ERA.

Sincerely,
CTA513

RedEye
05-07-2007, 10:26 PM
When Krivsky came here the Reds had a good offense, but no starting pitching and no relief pitching. Now they have a good offense and good starting pitching, but no relief pitching. The bullpen is a mess, but it wasn't his creation.

Say what? Saarloos, Stanton, Cormier, Santos, Majewski, Bray, Guardado... the only players who were not acquired by Wayne are Coffey, Salmon and Weathers, right? I think you have to say the bullpen is at least 70% his creation.

mth123
05-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Realistically, I can't see Stanton getting cut while at the beginning of a two year deal and if Coffey goes down it will only be for a quick tune-up.

The first step doesn't involve a roster move as much as a shuffling of the roles. Weathers has been ok so far at closer, so as much as I think the Reds need better there, I'd leave that alone. But the set-up guys are the problem. Its time for Salmon and Coutlangus to be the primary righty-lefty duo. Stanton should move into the mop-up slot. Coffey goes down and gets on a roll while McBeth gets a look. When Coffey comes back Saarloos or Santos goes with the other going when Bray is ready. Burton stays max time on rehab IMO then a tough decision is needed. Majewski is insurance in case Coffey doesn't come around or Salmon or McBeth spit the bit.

I'd go after Jason Davis as suggested in other threads. He could substitute for bringing up McBeth if he can be had. It might cost a decent prospect to get him.

mth123
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Say what? Saarloos, Stanton, Cormier, Santos, Majewski, Bray, Guardado... the only players who were not acquired by Wayne are Coffey, Salmon and Weathers, right? I think you have to say the bullpen is at least 70% his creation.

You're right and WK resigned Weathers this year as a FA, so this pen is his IMO.

Blue
05-07-2007, 10:30 PM

What I'm saying is he didn't have anything in the pen when he came, so if he was to fix it in 1 1/2 years he would have to make moves in at least one of those ways that I mentioned, and that could cause more problems long term.

RedEye
05-07-2007, 10:31 PM
I'd go after Jason Davis as suggested in other threads. He could substitute for bringing up McBeth if he can be had. It might cost a decent prospect to get him.

I like the rest of your suggestions, but this is exactly what I don't what Krivsky to do. I've already had several nightmares about decent prospects getting traded for veteran reclamation projects. Make them stop!

mth123
05-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I like the rest of your suggestions, but this is exactly what I don't what Krivsky to do. I've already had several nightmares about decent prospects getting traded for veteran reclamation projects. Make them stop!

By decent I mean Janish, Strait , Guevara, etc.. I don't mean Homer, Bruce or Votto.

If Wood was healthy I'd shop him, but I'd want more than Davis.

RedEye
05-07-2007, 10:41 PM
What I'm saying is he didn't have anything in the pen when he came, so if he was to fix it in 1 1/2 years he would have to make moves in at least one of those ways that I mentioned, and that could cause more problems long term.

In reference to your other ideas, I don't particularly like the trend of trying to sign relievers directly through the draft for ML promotion. We saw the disaster that was The Ryan Wagner Experience, and even someone like Cordero is melting down at this point because he never really learned to pitch and just relied on blowing people away with his fastball.

I agree with you (and other posters) that the best option would be to try to develop our own. Krivsky actually should have done this last year, too. Salmon, Coutlangus, Medlock and McBeth are all possibilities that should be tried. If we can even get two of the four to be credible gap-fillers, we will have substantially solved the problem.

I do also think that a bullpen can be built through savvy trading and FA signings, but I'm just not sure this is something that Wayne has mastered yet (see Stanton, Mike and Trade, The). It's a matter of scouring the waiver wire and the back ends of rosters for journeymen who used to be good starters and prospects who are undervalued by stupid organizations. Wayne can learn this skill, but it doesn't seem to come to him as intuitively as do contract negotiations and position player reclamation projects. It's still early though. If B-Cast has patience, I think Wayne can learn to build a bullpen... as long as the current one doesn't get him fired first.

redsmetz
05-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Dear Wayne Krivsky,

I have a 0.00 ERA.

Sincerely,
CTA513

Same here and I'm old!

Kc61
05-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Just look at the numbers. Weathers has been fine. Let's not attack guys just because they are older pitchers or just because they are there.

Coffey and Stanton are the problem. Only two guys, but they pitch constantly, night after night. Their numbers are horrible. ERAs and WHIPS in the stratosphere.

Some of the others are not that great either, but Coffey and Stanton are the ones with the worst numbers and they are constantly pitching the late innings. Just replace them or take them out of those spots.

edabbs44
05-07-2007, 10:44 PM
By decent I mean Janish, Strait , Guevara, etc.. I don't mean Homer, Bruce or Votto.

If Wood was healthy I'd shop him, but I'd want more than Davis.

Here's the problem...the Reds aren't one arm away from having a good bullpen. If they did go out and get one above decent reliever, I would pray for that guy every night. Narron would pitch him until his shoulder looked like Majewski's.

This team needs at least 2 and maybe 3 arms in the bullpen. They also need another bat and possibly another sarter, dependent upon whether Belisle and/or Lohse fall completely back to Earth.

edabbs44
05-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Just look at the numbers. Weathers has been fine. Let's not attack guys just because they are older pitchers or just because they are there.

Coffey and Stanton are the problem. Only two guys, but they pitch constantly, night after night. Their numbers are horrible. ERAs and WHIPS in the stratosphere.

Some of the others are not that great either, but Coffey and Stanton are the ones with the worst numbers and they are constantly pitching the late innings. Just replace them or take them out of those spots.

The question is...what happens if Stanton gets to 140 games in one season?

Stanton gets salaries of $2 million next year and $3 million in 2008. There's an option for 2009 at $2.5 million, with a buyout of $500,000. If he appears in 140 games over the next two seasons, the option-year salary vests at $2.75 million.

Blue
05-07-2007, 10:47 PM
In reference to your other ideas, I don't particularly like the trend of trying to sign relievers directly through the draft for ML promotion. We saw the disaster that was The Ryan Wagner Experience, and even someone like Cordero is melting down at this point because he never really learned to pitch and just relied on blowing people away with his fastball.

I agree with you (and other posters) that the best option would be to try to develop our own. Krivsky actually should have done this last year, too. Salmon, Coutlangus, Medlock and McBeth are all possibilities that should be tried. If we can even get two of the four to be credible gap-fillers, we will have substantially solved the problem.

I do also think that a bullpen can be built through savvy trading and FA signings, but I'm just not sure this is something that Wayne has mastered yet (see Stanton, Mike and Trade, The). It's a matter of scouring the waiver wire and the back ends of rosters for journeymen who used to be good starters and prospects who are undervalued by stupid organizations. Wayne can learn this skill, but it doesn't seem to come to him as intuitively as do contract negotiations and position player reclamation projects. It's still early though. If B-Cast has patience, I think Wayne can learn to build a bullpen... as long as the current one doesn't get him fired first.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't advocating fixing the bullpen through the draft. I think Casey Weathers could help next year, but the difference between his peak value and the value of other guys we could take at #15 is tremendous.

I agree with everything else you said. I don't think building a bullpen in that manner is easy, but guys like Kenny Williams have had success with it.

jmac
05-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Marcus McBeth (AAA)
Calvin Medlock (AA)

Those are probably the 2 best options. I guess Majewski is an option whenever he returns from his sister's funeral.

They cant surely do no worse than a 8 and 6+ ERA.

toledodan
05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Same here and I'm old!

you would qualify for the job on that alone!:D

Doro
05-07-2007, 10:55 PM
I can guarentee Krivsky isnt sitting on his hands. This isnt fantasy baseball, teams just dont shop around star relievers for nothing. Name me one really good bullpen arm that would obviously be available?

mth123
05-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Here's the problem...the Reds aren't one arm away from having a good bullpen. If they did go out and get one above decent reliever, I would pray for that guy every night. Narron would pitch him until his shoulder looked like Majewski's.

This team needs at least 2 and maybe 3 arms in the bullpen. They also need another bat and possibly another sarter, dependent upon whether Belisle and/or Lohse fall completely back to Earth.

Don't disagree, but they have some internal options to try. Salmon and Coutlangus could step up, a guy like Davis adds some smoke if acquired, Coffey probably gets straightened out with a little rest and a structured workload in AAA for a while and the soft tossers can go to the background.

I know Bray and Majewski are sore subjects and McBeth is still an unknown, but there are a lot of arms to go through. Find a couple good ones, eliminate a few others from the plan. Realistically its not a year to win and the race is quickly coming to an end (Milwaukee looks like a team without a major weakness and some young talent growing up before our eyes). IMO its the year to find out about some guys to see what we have on hand and what we need to go get.

CTA513
05-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I can guarentee Krivsky isnt sitting on his hands. This isnt fantasy baseball, teams just dont shop around star relievers for nothing. Name me one really good bullpen arm that would obviously be available?

They could give guys in the minors a chance before going out and trading everyone for bullpen help.

Ltlabner
05-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Realistically, I can't see Stanton getting cut while at the beginning of a two year deal and if Coffey goes down it will only be for a quick tune-up.

The first step doesn't involve a roster move as much as a shuffling of the roles. Weathers has been ok so far at closer, so as much as I think the Reds need better there, I'd leave that alone. But the set-up guys are the problem. Its time for Salmon and Coutlangus to be the primary righty-lefty duo. Stanton should move into the mop-up slot. Coffey goes down and gets on a roll while McBeth gets a look. When Coffey comes back Saarloos or Santos goes with the other going when Bray is ready. Burton stays max time on rehab IMO then a tough decision is needed. Majewski is insurance in case Coffey doesn't come around or Salmon or McBeth spit the bit.

Thank you for actually making it a discussion with, you know, ideas and stuff.

Agree that we have some inhouse options to try and that this is a good year to give some kids a chance to earn their stripes.

Coffey has to get himself figured out. He's got the gas. He's got the controll. He just can't seem to put it all together. Dick Pole was fuming mad at Coffey last night. There was a camera shot of them on FSN and Pole was sternly "discussing" the matter with Coffey.

Not so sure about dumping Sarrloos and Santos as we may well need them around for 5th starter duties should Milton's knee give out, or Belisle/Loshe implode.

storrs19
05-08-2007, 07:12 AM
We must remember that Bray and Guardado are both coming off of rehab and I don't expect them to be their usual selves for a bit. Forget Majewski, he sucked last year and sucks right now at Louisville. I would ditch him along with Santos and Stanton. Coffey would be sent to Louisville.

Bring up anyone for the bullpen they sure as hell can't be worse than what we have and how about giving Salmon some more work here. What did we bring him up for, to keep a seat warm in the pen???

Lets get that other PTBN or cash from Oakland and go buy some relief pitching. In this day of the pampered starter (100 pitch count / 6 innings) you can not scrimp and save on relief pitching. It amazes me how until the early 1990's starters often threw complete games and further back they had a 4 man rotation and the complete game was the norm. As far as I know, none of their arms ever fell off.

redsmetz
05-08-2007, 08:42 AM
We must remember that Bray and Guardado are both coming off of rehab and I don't expect them to be their usual selves for a bit. Forget Majewski, he sucked last year and sucks right now at Louisville. I would ditch him along with Santos and Stanton. Coffey would be sent to Louisville.

This is one of these mantras heard around RZ that somehow takes on the air of the gospel truth. Majewski had one lousy outing in Louisville, an April outing in which he walked one, gave up 5 hits and allowed six earned runs - taking the loss, needless to say. Take that out of the equation and he's got a record of 1-0, an ERA of 1.98 and a WHIP of .659 with 9 K's. The only walk he's given up was in that bad outing. I have no idea if that will translate to good pitching in up here, but he's not doing lousy in Louisville, save one horrendous outing.

TheWalls
05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Same here and I'm old!

Me too!

Sincerely,

Office of the Mayor of Cincinnati

cincrazy
05-08-2007, 09:30 AM
My major bone to pick with WK is the fact that the young guy's aren't even getting a chance. I don't care if they're terrible, at least they have some upside, and the quicker they learn, the better our chances for the future. Wayne, I'm one of your biggest supporter's here, but DO SOMETHING MAN!

CySeymour
05-08-2007, 09:55 AM
My feeling is that if Krivsky doesn't do something halfway intelligent to help this bullpen, then not only should he be put out of a job, I think Bob Cast. will remove him.

PuffyPig
05-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Lets get that other PTBN or cash from Oakland and go buy some relief pitching.

Just were is the Relief Pitching Store located these days?

KoryMac5
05-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Why is Grant Jackson toiling in the minors didn't he have some success working with bullpen arms in the past.

bounty37h
05-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Updated ERAs:
Stanton 8.10
Coffey 6.06

From the looks of your attendance record, maybe you need to stop going to games ;) Hehe, j/k of course, but if you do decide to stop going, can ya take a pen pitcher or two with you?

shredda2000
05-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Dear Wayne,

Fire Tom Hume and get Mario Soto up here!!!

Signed,

Tired of Losing

Will M
05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
1. it is May 8th. it will be hard to find a team that wants to trade us a closer for prospects

2. Coffey sucks. i turned the game off last night when he came in.
a stint in AAA is fine with me

3. Stanton won't be DFAed 1 month into a 2 year deal but he has no business pitching with the game on the line unless he gets a lot better

4. Santos's WHIP means his ERA is an illusion

5. If I were Wayne/Jerry:

Weathers is the 'closer'. He is the best we have right now.

Saarloos, Salmon & Coutlangus should be given the chance to be pitching the 7th/8th innings in close games.

Coffey goes to AAA. He has the 'stuff' so I am not ready to give up on him.
Replace him with Marcus McBeth, Calvin Medlock or Majewski.

Stanton goes to mop up role.

Santos goes when Bray comes back or whenever we get a better arm than him. I would prefer Marcus McBeth, Calvin Medlock or Majewski rather than Santos.

Razor Shines
05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
So we can talk to Wayne directly through this board? Is he responding only through PM, because I haven't seen any responses in this thread yet.

redsmetz
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
So we can talk to Wayne directly through this board? Is he responding only through PM, because I haven't seen any responses in this thread yet.

:laugh: :clap: :clap:

KronoRed
05-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Dear Wayne,

Don't "fix" the pen like you did last year

Love, Krono

CTA513
05-08-2007, 01:27 PM

He called me back after finding out I have a 0.00 ERA.

keeganbrick
05-08-2007, 01:51 PM
At this point with the same ol guys blowing it every night Salmon needs to see more time. Also McBeth or Medlock need to be up here real soon and I think Bray can really help this team when he is healthy. I also concur with Coffey going to AAA for a little while to get things figured out bc if he is pitching decent and Salmon or someone else can step up this bullpen would look a lot better.

Chip R
05-08-2007, 01:52 PM
At this point with the same ol guys blowing it every night Salmon needs to see more time. Also McBeth or Medlock need to be up here real soon and I think Bray can really help this team when he is healthy. I also concur with Coffey going to AAA for a little while to get things figured out bc if he is pitching decent and Salmon or someone else can step up this bullpen would look a lot better.

We can't pitch those young fellows since they are inexperienced and might blow a lead.

BuckeyeRedleg
05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
We can't pitch those young fellows since they are inexperienced and might blow a lead.

A blessing is disguise might just be an early collapse by this team, so that younger kids get an chance to get their feet wet and help the big club in 2008 and beyond.

Seriously, we all knew (or most of us) that this wasn't going to be the year. If we can be sellers at the deadline, pick up some good prospects, have a solid draft, and get some of the younger kids experience, this will be a successful season for me.

I'd much rather have that than hover around .500 and give everyone false hope, while clinging to certain contracts that should be unloaded. If losing makes this GM and organization more proactive, then it might just be as I said.

A blessing.

keeganbrick
05-08-2007, 02:00 PM
A blessing is disguise might just be an early collapse by this team, so that younger kids get an chance to get their feet wet and help the big club in 2008 and beyond.

Seriously, we all knew (or most of us) that this wasn't going to be the year. If we can be sellers at the deadline, pick up some good prospects, have a solid draft, and get some of the younger kids experience, this will be a successful season for me.

I'd much rather have that than hover around .500 and give everyone false hope, while clinging to certain contracts that should be unloaded. If losing makes this GM and organization more proactive, then it might just be as I said.

A blessing.

Ill try and wait til the end of May and see how bad we are doing. For some reason I have some slight optimism.

pedro
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
yet another useless thread on RZ.

Huzzah!

KoryMac5
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
This directly from Wayne and Narron per Fay: It sounds like it's going to be up to current corps of relievers to get it done. Jerry Narron said he and general manager Wayne Krivsky talked about bringing in new arms before the game. But other than Jared Burton coming up when he's ready, nothing is going to happen.

“We’ll try these guys and give them an opportunity to pitch . . . we’ll stay with these guys,” Narron said. “They’re very capable of getting outs. That’s what we expect out of them

Translation more of the same.