PDA

View Full Version : Calling it the bullpen is giving it too much credit

NorrisHopper30
05-07-2007, 10:33 PM
From now on can we refer to it as the blowpen?

I'm getting sick of this..I feel for the starters

mroby85
05-07-2007, 10:43 PM
it really is outrageous.

KronoRed
05-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Could be worse

Topcat
05-08-2007, 02:55 AM
I watched tonights game via internet and concluded that Coffey is lost. His fastball is what made him a MLB pitcher and now he is just getting cutesy with sliders and off speed stuff to close out a batter. Go with the gas almost 75 % of the time and he would be far better off.

nate
05-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Bull-something, yes. I've not seen many games this year but it seems like Coffey is throwing more than he's pitching. Maybe its the pitches that are being called...dunno. Its funny because I just read and article about Arroyo talking about pitcher / catcher synergy and he didn't seem to have a beef with Ross.

Stanton...his career seemed to fall off when he stopped tucking his pants into his high-top cleats.

Most importantly, they need to bring in someone who is capable of teaching these guys how to avoid smiling.

Redsland
05-08-2007, 10:22 AM
From now on can we refer to it as the blowpen?
I kinda like that. :beerme:

scounts22
05-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I was at the game last night. At the crack of the bat the entire stadium erupted in boo's, and then again after the 3 outs when the team was running in. It was seriously discouraging as a fan to watch that homerun, a well-hit homerun I might add that landed about 10 rows from the top of the moon deck. I can only imagine how it must feel as a contributing player to watch catastrophes like that erupt over and over again.