PDA

View Full Version : Email of the day...

Matt700wlw
05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
To Lance's show.

I thought I would share..

Hey lance, i think reds fans need to lay off of reds ownership and Jerry Narron. Although i am a huge reds fans i am not a fan of Narron.

As a 5 year listener to you show i am not to crazy about the sports fans of cincinnati? Baseball is a game of uncertainity, and fans must realize when the reds make deals for player, its a game in itself. Cincinnati fans rave in the beggining of how well put together are bullpen is, maybe to the point of were we have too many good arms, and now fans call your show talking bout how this ownership has not done what it takes to win. You've got to be kidding me. A re-vamped bull pen that is having a tough month and now were all ready to jump ship. How is Krivsky supposed to know what a Stanton and Coffey is gonna do April thru September? It looked good then and it probablly is still good. Narron and ownership cant throw a pitch or swing a bat. The reds problem is inconsistancy. It's their job to put them on the field and its the players job to preform. You cant have five hits in a game and win and you can't give up five runs in the 8th and win. The Reds have a lot of talent in the bullpen and in the field but ownership can't play for them. A lot of your callers are ridiculous and do not understand baseball, they think you can trade ken griifey jr. for roy oswald?

The minute a player is having a tough time then there shouting that its time to trade them and they suck. I can't wait till Cincinnati fans turn on poster boy Josh Hamilton the minute his heavy slump comes, i bet your people will be calling up saying he's on drugs again. RIDICULOUS!

Discuss...

jojo
05-08-2007, 08:55 PM
To Lance's show.

Hey lance, i think reds fans need to lay off of reds ownership and Jerry Narron. Although i am a huge reds fans i am not a fan of Narron.

As a 5 year listener to you show i am not to crazy about the sports fans of cincinnati? Baseball is a game of uncertainity, and fans must realize when the reds make deals for player, its a game in itself. Cincinnati fans rave in the beggining of how well put together are bullpen is, maybe to the point of were we have too many good arms, and now fans call your show talking bout how this ownership has not done what it takes to win. You've got to be kidding me. A re-vamped bull pen that is having a tough month and now were all ready to jump ship. How is Krivsky supposed to know what a Stanton and Coffey is gonna do April thru September? It looked good then and it probablly is still good. Narron and ownership cant throw a pitch or swing a bat. The reds problem is inconsistancy. It's their job to put them on the field and its the players job to preform. You cant have five hits in a game and win and you can't give up five runs in the 8th and win. The Reds have a lot of talent in the bullpen and in the field but ownership can't play for them. A lot of your callers are ridiculous and do not understand baseball, they think you can trade ken griifey jr. for roy oswald?

The minute a player is having a tough time then there shouting that its time to trade them and they suck. I can't wait till Cincinnati fans turn on poster boy Josh Hamilton the minute his heavy slump comes, i bet your people will be calling up saying he's on drugs again. RIDICULOUS!

Discuss...

I just saw Lances' blog....he's really impressed that Castellini showed up for batting practice....it's just the thing to show fans that the Reds care...blah, blah, blah...ya, ya ,ya......

It's not the greatest source for serious baseball commentary...

CTA513
05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
To Lance's show.

Discuss...

Someone call in and say that Lances emailer is on drugs again.

jojo
05-08-2007, 10:17 PM
Shouldn't Bob C be taking photo ops in the bullpen???????

I'm thinking that his photo ops at batting practice signal he thinks the staus quo is dandy...

butlerbulldogs
05-08-2007, 10:23 PM
the bullpen was never good, stanton was good about 10 years ago when he was a yankee in the 90s, same goes for Weathers when he pitched for the marlins

the e-mailer is happy w/ poor results good for him, he should go watch tee ball where it is all about fun and not results...these players are getting paid millions to play baseball, they should do it well and when they don't they deserve all the criticism they receive...and don't expect me to attend a bunch of games with a terrible manager and a bullpen that blows the lead 99% of the time

Aronchis
05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
the bullpen was never good, stanton was good about 10 years ago when he was a yankee in the 90s, same goes for Weathers when he pitched for the marlins

the e-mailer is happy w/ poor results good for him, he should go watch tee ball where it is all about fun and not results...these players are getting paid millions to play baseball, they should do it well and when they don't they deserve all the criticism they receive...and don't expect me to attend a bunch of games with a terrible manager and a bullpen that blows the lead 99% of the time

Actually, the Cincy version of Weathers has been just as good, if not better than the pre-Cincy weathers.

RedsMan3203
05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Welcome back Matt.

:jump:

Redsland
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
How is Krivsky supposed to know what a Stanton and Coffey is gonna do April thru September?
Uh…

…that's his job?

In some ways it's his entire job. The rest of it simply process.

Team Clark
05-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Shouldn't Bob C be taking photo ops in the bullpen???????

I'm thinking that his photo ops at batting practice signal he thinks the staus quo is dandy...

I disagree. Paul O'Neill used to talk about Steinbrenner coming into the clubhouse. They rarely saw George but when they did they knew they better get it together. Paul mentioned a losing streak one time. After the streak hit 7 or 8 games Steinbrenner showed up in the clubhouse. He walked straight through and did not acknowledge one player. Paul said "EVERYBODY" knew they better get their act together THAT day. Castellini may not be Steinbrenner but if I played for him and saw him in the midst of a losing streak I certainly wouldn't think everything is Hunk Dory.

Chip R
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I disagree. Paul O'Neill used to talk about Steinbrenner coming into the clubhouse. They rarely saw George but when they did they knew they better get it together. Paul mentioned a losing streak one time. After the streak hit 7 or 8 games Steinbrenner showed up in the clubhouse. He walked straight through and did not acknowledge one player. Paul said "EVERYBODY" knew they better get their act together THAT day. Castellini may not be Steinbrenner but if I played for him and saw him in the midst of a losing streak I certainly wouldn't think everything is Hunk Dory.

Difference is Bob doesn't have the reputation that Steinbrenner has. Players see Bob in the clubhouse they may think that they are going to get an ugrade with the fruit on the spread.

Spring~Fields
05-09-2007, 01:30 PM

I agree. We often read such thoughts or responses to six straight losing seasons working on number seven somewhere else that we are all familiar with.

Look grandma, I am all for giving encouragement and loving support, hugs and kisses to the children, even when little Susie or Johnny struggles because it is just a game and they are still learning.

The Cincinnati Reds are men working in big business.

REDREAD
05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Difference is Bob doesn't have the reputation that Steinbrenner has. Players see Bob in the clubhouse they may think that they are going to get an ugrade with the fruit on the spread.

Cast needs to sign Darth Vader to a contract and have him walk through the clubhouse. :)

I agree with you that Bob's presense doesn't exactly make people tremble.

Really, I doubt any of these players are that nervous. Even EdE.. he's got enough talent that he will have a decent career, no matter how much the Reds jerk him around. Someone like Santos who is barely clinging on to his career might be nervous, but he probably knew before spring training that he'd always be on the bubble.

Team Clark
05-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Very true. I guess it all depends on what Bob did during his time at BP. You have to start somewhere.