PDA

View Full Version : Abreu for Francisco Cordero?

Degenerate39
05-11-2007, 02:28 PM
My outfield consists of:

Manny Ramirez
Adam Dunn
Ken Griffey Jr.
and Bobby Abreu

If I trade Bobby I can put Griffey in the outfield spot (he's utility right now).

I only have to relief pitchers Jason Isringhausen and Mike Gonzales.

Should I do this trade or not?

Homer Bailey
05-11-2007, 02:45 PM
What kind of league? What are the categories? How is your team doing? Need more details...

I think its a good deal because I'm not an Abreu fan. The other owner is probably trying to sell Cordero while his stock his high but thats not too much of an asking price.

Johnny Footstool
05-11-2007, 02:48 PM
I'd trade Abreu for a reliever, but I don't know about Cordero. He's not going to log 60 saves this season -- he'll probably end up with about 45, which means you'll get 30 saves out of him. And he probably won't be as lights-out all year as he has been in April and 1/2 of May. I don't think he'll be as productive as some other relievers. I'd rather have Jenks or Huston Street.

That said, Abreu for Cordero wouldn't be a bad deal at all. I just don't like trading for guys who are performing way over their heads.

IowaRed
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
well, without knowing the standings, the type of league, or the cats. it's hard to say. Since you only have Izzy and Gonzalez as RP's, I think you could use Cordero and can afford to give up Abreu. Johnny is pretty much spot on, don't expect Cordero to continue on his current pace. You may want to see what OF's are available on the WW in anticipation of Jr. getting injured.

Degenerate39
05-11-2007, 04:21 PM
It's a basic yahoo league. I'm in 2nd place but 9 games out of first place. The league is head vs head.