PDA

View Full Version : Did Coffey run in from the bullpen last year?

Stingray
05-13-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't remember him doing that last year - he doesn't just jog in he runs hard. It seems as if he gets off to a bad start in many of his appearances. Pitchers who have to run all out on the basepaths often get hit hard in their next inning. I suspect Coffey may be hurting himself(and the Reds) by running in.

reds44
05-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Yes, he always has.

peterose00
05-13-2007, 07:18 PM
O' yeah

Screwball
05-13-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't remember him doing that last year - he doesn't just jog in he runs hard. It seems as if he gets off to a bad start in many of his appearances. Pitchers who have to run all out on the basepaths often get hit hard in their next inning. I suspect Coffey may be hurting himself(and the Reds) by running in.

Yeah last year Kent Mercker said something to the effect that he's going to need to stop sprinting in out of the 'pen if he wants to be effective as a reliever. At the time Mercker had an awful ERA and Coffey had a good one, so I didn't put much stock in it. Looks like Merck may have been on to something though.

mroby85
05-13-2007, 07:38 PM
it looks so stupid when he does it too, i can't wait until the day his feet get tangled up.

Stingray
05-13-2007, 07:46 PM
it looks so stupid when he does it too, i can't wait until the day his feet get tangled up.

Probably no more "stupid looking" than Pete Rose running to first on a BB which was widely considered a sign of hustle.