PDA

View Full Version : CIN/LAD Trade Proposal

Newman4
05-14-2007, 12:04 PM
CIN gets: OF Andre Ethier, P Jonathan Broxton, P Chad Billingsley, IF Wilson Betemit

LAD gets: OF Adam Dunn, P Kyle Losch

Thoughts?

guttle11
05-14-2007, 12:09 PM
Why in the heck would the Dodgers do that?

RANDY IN INDY
05-14-2007, 12:29 PM

They wouldn't.

Highlifeman21
05-14-2007, 12:31 PM
CIN gets: OF Andre Ethier, P Jonathan Broxton, P Chad Billingsley, IF Wilson Betemit

Thoughts?

Ah, your classic 4 for 2 that would only happen if you were playing a video game and had the "force trade" option turned on.

There's no way the Dodgers ever do that trade. Way too much upside in those 4 players giving up, and getting an uncertainty in Kyle Loshe. They know what they're getting in Adam Dunn.

redsfan30
05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Throw in Homer Bailey and they MIGHT go from laughing uncontrolably, to chuckling.

GSURedsfan
05-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Thoughts?

This might be the funniest thing I've ever read on a message board. EVER. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brent

TheBigLebowski
05-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Reminds me of the daily trade proposals I receive from owners in my roto league.

However, the thread originator is on to something insofar as LA being a good trade partner for us. LA's got lots of young, expendable talent and they are desperate for some pop. Perhaps our two GM's will be in contact should the Reds continue to suck at Royals-esque proportions.

PuffyPig
05-14-2007, 01:29 PM

Haven't you heard?

Major league teams have banded togther with the sole purpose of improving the Reds.

RichRed
05-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Major league teams have banded togther with the sole purpose of improving the Reds.

A worthy cause indeed. They're just not doing a very good job of it.

Slyder
05-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Haven't you heard?

Yes in exchange for dropping the complaint of Majic being damaged goods the Dodgers have volunteered to help us out ;).

AmarilloRed
05-14-2007, 02:16 PM
That would be a steal for the Dodgers. Highway robbery,even.

Degenerate39
05-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Always with the trade Dunn

TeamSelig
05-14-2007, 02:27 PM
I would love to get Broxton, Billingsley, and Ethier.

Too bad it would probably take Dunn, EdE, and Bailey just to get into a conversation about the trade.

Newman4
05-14-2007, 02:45 PM
So, since LA apparently isn't suckers, what would be a fair asking price for the two possible FA players that are of some trade value. (Assuming the Dunn option isn't exercised) I would think the areas of need for the Reds are:

Closer/bullpen
Starting pitching
Replacement for trading chips
RH bat

Thus, the logic behind the request. Now, assuming LA laughs as loudly as mentioned, I would have to think Dunn would be an upgrade offensively and Lohse wouldn't look bad assuming his numbers stay consistent and maybe even better in a pitcher's park like Dodger Stadium.