PDA

View Full Version : Edwin to KC Trade Ideal?

Royals Fan
05-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I know the Dayton Moore is looking for another young hiiter to go along wiht Butler and Gordon and with fact Mike Sweeney is a FA after this year. Gordon or Butler will be the 1st basemen or the DH. This opens the trade ideal for Edwin to the Kansas City for Zack Grienke or Del Rosa or Dotel ( if he healthy can be signed at reasonable deal that your new closer).Edwin would be there startng 3rd baseman and the potential is there for both GM'S to looked at this trade in the near furture.Thoughts?

Redsnake
05-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Why would the Royals want yet another 3rd baseman? Teahan, Butler and Gordon would be better defensively. Besides E.E. is in need of a position change and I doubt the Royals would be willing to wait for him to find one.

Razor Shines
05-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Why would we want Greinke when we already have Kirk Saarloos?

Royals Fan
05-14-2007, 04:09 PM
First off Teahan is in the outfield now longer an 3rd baseman option and Gordon will probably take over at 1st with Shealy being traded or occasionly DH and Butler at primarly the DH and rotating at 1st with Gordon.Like I mentioned Sweeney will be trade by the deadline or will be gone after the season.

M2
05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Jorge de la Rosa interests me a lot, though I assume the plan in KC is for Alex Gordon to grow old at the hot corner there.

Degenerate39
05-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Why would they want Edwin?

savafan
05-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I've been playing with the idea of an EE for Greinke trade myself, and I kinda like the idea. I think a change of scenery would be good for Greinke...perhaps good for Edwin as well, and the national league would be a good place for Zach to pitch. With him as the long man/spot starter out of the bullpen, I think it improves the team.

Johnny Footstool
05-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Greinke and Soria are the two Royals I'd want, other than the "untouchables" (Gordon, Butler).

Hey, maybe include Teahen in the package to replace EdE.

Of course, I don't know who else the Royals would demand from the Reds.

lollipopcurve
05-14-2007, 04:56 PM
Greinke has issues. Until he shows he can harness his talent, I wouldn't want him.

I realize it's fun to dream up trade ideas for a player management seems to have soured on, but I don't think it can be overemphasized that if EdE is traded the team has little hope of improving its performance against lefthanders.

Royals Fan
05-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Soria is the guy i like alot watching the Royals day in and day out. He knows how to pitch and yes he blew the save on Saturday night against the White Sox. He was an rule 5 draft pick from the Padres and has couple years in the Mexican league.

JLB5
05-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Greinke has issues. Until he shows he can harness his talent, I wouldn't want him.

Exactly, why would you want to bring in another headcase to this team considering how well this staff has done at turning around their own headcases?

Hey Meat
05-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Highly unlikely trade. I think his stock has gone down considerably. There is the change of scenery argument, but I doubt it.

Will
05-14-2007, 09:42 PM
EE isn't going to garner alot atm.

BucksandReds
05-14-2007, 09:59 PM
EE isn't going to garner alot atm.

Then don't even think about trading him. Buy low sell high. There is no benefit for us in letting him go. He has the ability and now it's time to out it together. We won't have to pay him more than minimum untill after next year. I see very little reason to trade him, no matter how he plays, untill then.

Redsnake
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM
It still seems to me that the Royals have two many players slots for very few positions and E.E. has too many holes in his game at this time.