PDA

View Full Version : Greg Maddux...

mroby85
05-15-2007, 01:42 AM
did anyone else get tired of hearing the Greg Maddux show during the broadcast? i mean honestly, it was ridiculous. He is basically all they talked about the entire game. I just wondered if anyone else was as annoyed by that as I was, i'm sure the game didn't help the agitation factor as well.:bang: :bang: :bang:

Screwball
05-15-2007, 01:44 AM
did anyone else get tired our hearing the Greg Maddux show during the broadcast? i mean honestly, it was ridiculous. I just wondered if anyone else was as annoyed by that as I was, i'm sure the game didn't help the agitation factor as well.:bang: :bang: :bang:

Normally, I would be. But there wasn't much else to talk about. I mean the guy had a perfect-game going for half the game, and the Reds didn't do much the other half.

pedro
05-15-2007, 02:05 AM
I think Maddux it is a pleasure to watch pitch and that as Screwball said, there wasn't a lot else going on.

jfleur87
05-15-2007, 02:07 AM
i didn't watch, but if our broadcasters were gushing over an opposing team's player, it must have been Grande and Welsh. Am I wrong?

sonny
05-15-2007, 04:32 AM
I think Maddux it is a pleasure to watch pitch and that as Screwball said, there wasn't a lot else going on.

Theres a lot to be said for a fine pitching performance, no matter who it was or who it was against

CRedsLarkin11
05-15-2007, 10:17 AM
i didn't watch, but if our broadcasters were gushing over an opposing team's player, it must have been Grande and Welsh.

Yeah, it was. I would have given ya only one guess though

PuffyPig
05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
did anyone else get tired of hearing the Greg Maddux show during the broadcast? i mean honestly, it was ridiculous. He is basically all they talked about the entire game. I just wondered if anyone else was as annoyed by that as I was, i'm sure the game didn't help the agitation factor as well.:bang: :bang: :bang:

Blame the Reds.

If they had hit him, they may have talked about them.

MrCinatit
05-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I am not thrilled at all with the vets we have gotten - but I would have loved it had we gone after Greg Maddox. There are vets (Stanton, Conine, Castro) and there are VETS (Maddox).

cincrazy
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Maddux made it clear that he wasn't going anywhere but the West Coast. Maybe if he falls and hits his head he'll agree to come to Cincy though :D

Pinch Hits
05-15-2007, 10:57 AM
They Reds pitchers should have been sitting around with notebooks scribbling as fast as they could. The man can pitch, field his position and move runners along at the plate.

Redskinalum02
05-15-2007, 11:20 AM
I am as critical of Grande/Welsh as anyone, but I had absolutely no problem with them talking about "The Maddux Show". The guy is a great pitcher who dominated the Reds last night. It was the story line for last night's game. If they talked about something else, people would have complained as well.

Newman4
05-15-2007, 12:38 PM
i didn't watch, but if our broadcasters were gushing over an opposing team's player, it must have been Grande and Welsh. Am I wrong?

Ah, my wife had a headache and I turned on the ol' mute button. Must have been my lucky day. ;)

redram
05-15-2007, 01:42 PM
He was about all they had to talk about and be positve. He threw it, we wiffed at it, poped it up or just watched strike three sail on by, hung their poor little heads and walked with their tails up their *(& back to the bench.

If I were calling the game I would have talked about him also.

Razor Shines
05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
I love watching Maddux pitch. If I was announcing the game, I would have talked about him most of the time also.

I've watched quite a few of his starts this season, and last night he really had it going. That's the most movement that I've seen from him so far this year. So while I wish the Reds would have gotten to him, he was absolutely filthy last night.

M2
05-15-2007, 01:57 PM
One of the best pitchers in history was having a superb night. Even if the Reds were 24-15 it would have been all about Maddux last night. Baseball, more than any other sport, isn't all about your team. If you can't appreciate the guys on the side, you're missing half the game.

mroby85
05-15-2007, 03:03 PM
i don't mind them talking about maddux, but this was an ongoing thing for 9 innings. they brought up the same things a million times throughout the game.

Degenerate39
05-15-2007, 03:08 PM
There's nothing wrong with losign to Greg Maddux. He should be a first ballot hall of famer.

Pinch Hits
05-15-2007, 03:19 PM
There's nothing wrong with losign to Greg Maddux. He should be a first ballot hall of famer.

There isn't ANY doubt about this one... will be.

roby
05-16-2007, 02:56 AM
There isn't ANY doubt about this one... will be.

Harang pitched almost as well tonight..and there was no love fest for him. :thumbdown

RFS62
05-16-2007, 10:05 AM
I love watching Maddux pitch. If I was announcing the game, I would have talked about him most of the time also.

I've watched quite a few of his starts this season, and last night he really had it going. That's the most movement that I've seen from him so far this year. So while I wish the Reds would have gotten to him, he was absolutely filthy last night.

One of the best pitchers in history was having a superb night. Even if the Reds were 24-15 it would have been all about Maddux last night. Baseball, more than any other sport, isn't all about your team. If you can't appreciate the guys on the side, you're missing half the game.

Yeah, it was a masterful performance.

He may be the smartest guy ever to play the game, baseball IQ wise.

UC_Ken
05-16-2007, 10:33 AM
It bothers me a lot more when George talks about good players like they're legends (Edmonds). Maddux is a legend and if George is going to promote the other team's players we won't play another player this year who deserves it as much as Maddux. I always liked Glavine more but Maddux's career is simply amazing, IMO he's the best pitcher of our generation.

Pinch Hits
05-16-2007, 11:12 AM
It bothers me a lot more when George talks about good players like they're legends (Edmonds). Maddux is a legend and if George is going to promote the other team's players we won't play another player this year who deserves it as much as Maddux. I always liked Glavine more but Maddux's career is simply amazing, IMO he's the best pitcher of our generation.

That's a tough call between Clemens and Maddux. Clemens is overpowering, Maddux is smart.

bucksfan2
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM
I give the nod to Clemens. Maddox has been a decent pitcher over the past few years while Clemens had been downright nasty, well at least for the 6 innings he pitches a game.

Degenerate39
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Harang pitched almost as well tonight..and there was no love fest for him. :thumbdown

Because he's a Red.

Fullboat
05-16-2007, 06:32 PM
I'll tell you what bothered me about that game,Grande's Zip Zip Zip
I knew with Maddux on the mound I'd be hearing that all night.:rolleyes: