PDA

View Full Version : Saarloos to Start Sunday; Narron on Extra Practice

reds44
05-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Saarloos to start; Jerry on workout

Kirk Saarloos is the Reds' fifth starter for the time being. He'll either start Sunday in Aaron Harang's spot or Tuesday in Eric Milton's. The Reds are expecting Harang to be back for Sunday's game.

Saarloos is happy with the move.

"Any pitcher would be," he said. "I don't think the pitch count matters with me. I did the same thing last year and I threw 104 pitches the frist time out."

Jerry Narron's explanation for the early workout: "Felt like we needed it after a day off. It's a beautiful day in Cleveland . . . "

The session was unprecedented under Narron. The team had not done it once all of last year or this year. Judging from the body language not all the players were happy about. When you lose 12 of 15, you got to do some things differently. In other words, it's a big, old hang with 'em.

-fay

RANDY IN INDY
05-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Judging from the body language not all the players were happy about.

My feelings are, "Good. I could care less if they aren't happy. They should be even less happy about the way they are playing."

jesusfan
05-18-2007, 06:45 PM
WOW! you mean the players actually may have to sweat and work for those millions they make??? Who would have thunk it!!!

reds44
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Me thinks Narron may get himself tossed tonight.

Just a feeling.

Matt700wlw
05-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm not happy being stuck inside on a beautiful day like today....can I leave?

Noooooo...

captainmorgan07
05-18-2007, 06:48 PM
i like the idea of saarloos as 5th starter im guessing harang will be back so it'll be miltons spot on tuesday he'll be in