PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Jones Rant is what this team needs

Rotater Cuff
05-19-2007, 08:42 AM
Anybody that missed Tracy Jones last night from 10:30 to 10:55 go off on Narron and the players will lose some insight on what has troubled the Reds over what you might call the Junior era, or after McKeon was fired.
Tracy's disgust derived from the "Walk Off Walk" issued by Bronson Wednesday night.
This is what Tracy said in a nutshell:
Not only was the pitch not a ball, the batter should have been ashamed to let a pitch like that go by in that situation.
Bronson should have been more upset, and got in that umpires face.
Narron and all of his coaches should have been out there backing up Arroyo immediately.
This team is way too passive, and emotion is a big part of baseball. They don't mind losing, have a good time every evening running out there and joking with the other team pregame.
Jones listed players and coaches he had been with over his career that never would have put up with that call on Wednesday night.
He can't remember the last time the Reds fought. I mean fought with their hands. He basically called them out as wimps.
Personally, when I read Ross's comments the next morning, I was mad. Ross basically downplayed the pitch. What kind of man wouldn't back up his pitcher, who complained to anybody listening that the pitch was a strike. Ross is a weinie, and this team needs a leader as catcher.
Baseball isn't that much different from football. Emotions play a strong role, but this team doesn't care, and has an attitude. Did you read Fay's comments this morning that he could see in their body language that they didn't like being forced into fielding practice yesterday. The millionaires boys club has better things to do.
I remember early last year, right before Castellini finalized the purchase of the Reds when there were rumors that Lou Pinella was in town, maybe to meet with Castellini. There was some real excitement in that announcement.
This is a buttoned down manager with no emotion trying to lead a team that doesn't care. It doesn't matter what he knows, his lineups or his pitching strategy. This team needs someone that's got a pair. Wednesday night was not just embarrassing. It was shameful.

Heath
05-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Of course Tracy Jones is right, he did play the game.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
Mostly I heard the part about what lane you use when you drive.

Doro
05-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Thats the last thing anyone needs..... you could tune in every night and get a rant.

RedsMan3203
05-19-2007, 01:13 PM
And a caller last night... On my way home from work.. Said Tracy Jones was a GREAT baseball player...

And if it wasn't for Tracey Jones tell me he played the game at the major league level... I would of never knew he played the game... WOW!

Besides... it took Jones 20 mins to tell me the Reds lost last night... Because I had no clue what happend because I was at work...

Jerry Narron
05-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Did Tracy's buddies Rod from Norwood or Richard from Indian Hill call in last night?

vic715
05-19-2007, 01:21 PM

Well I hate to admit it but Tracy is right and I replied to a thread saying about the same thing. I know it wouldn't have changed the outcome but someone needed to get in that umps face.Big Lou wouldn't have let that guy leave the park until he had him eaton up and spit out.Narron showed nothing in the way of emotion at all. It does seem like its just another day at the office to the whole team.Somebody needs to explode and go crazy A.S.A.P.

redsfanmia
05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
And a caller last night... On my way home from work.. Said Tracy Jones was a GREAT baseball player.

The man played in the major leagues, he was a great baseball player. Anyone who played or currently plays in the major leagues is a great player.

RedsMan3203
05-19-2007, 01:34 PM
The man played in the major leagues, he was a great baseball player. Anyone who played or currently plays in the major leagues is a great player.

Eric Milton? Jimmy Haynes?

Give me a break..... :evil:

jmac
05-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Narron showed nothing in the way of emotion at all. It does seem like its just another day at the office to the whole team.Somebody needs to explode and go crazy A.S.A.P.
This is what I dont understand...Narron did have several "head-bobbing" in your face go-off run in's with the umps last year.(remember in milw)
Why has he changed his demeanor so much this year or so it seems ?

BenHayes
05-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I agree that this team is soft. The just look very ho-hum about losses. It may be the teams make up, to many old ballplayers who have been there and done that, and to many young guys who are just happy to be in the majors, not to mention the castoffs from everywhere else who are happy to have a job. Either way the bottom line is if you always say we'll get 'em next time eventually the next time never comes.

jojo
05-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Not only was the pitch not a ball, the batter should have been ashamed to let a pitch like that go by in that situation.

Yes, absolutely. It would have been much more manly to swing and ground out or hit a harmless pop up in the infield. The goal of baseball isn't to win-it's to be more like a sports talk show host's blowharded vision of John Wayne espoused during a rant that was more about his schtich/titillation than it was about substance.

WMR
05-19-2007, 04:31 PM
yeah that part that jojo quoted is just absurd.

Pass up an extremely borderline pitch to go hacking when a walk wins the game?? Have another bong hit, Tracer.

CTA513
05-19-2007, 04:42 PM
He can't remember the last time the Reds fought. I mean fought with their hands. He basically called them out as wimps.

When was the last time Tracy Jones fought?
He should go to the game tonight and challenge Juan Castro or Mike Stanton to a duel.

WMR
05-19-2007, 04:50 PM
This is what I dont understand...Narron did have several "head-bobbing" in your face go-off run in's with the umps last year.(remember in milw)
Why has he changed his demeanor so much this year or so it seems ?

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa161/WilyMoROCKS/Stuff/Paxil20road.png

redsfanmia
05-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Eric Milton? Jimmy Haynes?

Give me a break..... :evil:

If you played ball with Milton and Haynes you would say they were the best player you have ever played with period. Eric Milton has thrown a no-hitter against major league batters so he at one time had good stuff, Haynes had a 6 or 7 year career so he obviosly had some talent.

WMR
05-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Vin Scully told his collective radio listening audience that they could hit as well as Juan Castro, what should we make of that? ;)

redsmetz
05-19-2007, 05:24 PM
So what the Reds need is a good old fashioned brawl? Wow, Tracy, great call there. The most childish thing grown men can do, and he's saying we need some fisticuffs.

When was the last time you all settled things at work with a fist fight? How incredibly mature.

Legion of Dunn
05-19-2007, 05:27 PM

You may not agree with Tracy's style or ego, but he's right on the money with that assessment.

redsfanmia
05-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Vin Scully told his collective radio listening audience that they could hit as well as Juan Castro, what should we make of that? ;)

I am pretty sure they couldnt.

Rotater Cuff
05-19-2007, 05:29 PM
yeah that part that jojo quoted is just absurd.

Pass up an extremely borderline pitch to go hacking when a walk wins the game?? Have another bong hit, Tracer.

Disagree. Tracy is right, you protect the plate when you have two strikes. Whatever problem you have with Tracy, if its close, you have to swing. That doesn't change: Knothole, High School, Minors or Majors.

redsfanmia
05-19-2007, 05:29 PM
So what the Reds need is a good old fashioned brawl? Wow, Tracy, great call there. The most childish thing grown men can do, and he's saying we need some fisticuffs.

When was the last time you all settled things at work with a fist fight? How incredibly mature.

Wouldnt it be nice to see the team show some passion? A good fight could pull the clubhouse together I think thats what the Tracer was hinting at.

Legion of Dunn
05-19-2007, 05:30 PM

I don't think he's calling for them to go out and brawl, but in this game there are often situations that lead to a little dust-up. For example, if a player on another team (Lance Berkman *cough, cough*) continues to light your ass up game after game after game, he needs to get put on his backside with a high-and-tight. If he does, that may lead to a little action.

But the Reds have no pride right now, no emotion, so they're not going to be in that scenario... and they'll continue to get beat down on the scoreboard.

Rotater Cuff
05-19-2007, 05:31 PM
If you played ball with Milton and Haynes you would say they were the best player you have ever played with period. Eric Milton has thrown a no-hitter against major league batters so he at one time had good stuff, Haynes had a 6 or 7 year career so he obviosly had some talent.
You're so right. You don't get to the majors unless you're best on every team you've been on. I guarantee you Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton were always their team's studs all the way up through to the majors. Milton's a good athlete, too. He can hit. Ridicule him all you want, he did something most never do, he made the big leagues and had a few good years.

Ron Madden
05-19-2007, 05:36 PM
This team is in pretty bad shape right now.

I don't trust Wayne, Jerry or Tracy to fix it.

Chip R
05-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm actually shocked Tracy spent so much time not talking about himself.

James B.
05-19-2007, 07:15 PM
You may not agree with Tracy's style or ego, but he's right on the money with that assessment.

It's true, he played the game and we all know it. The problem is that he has to remind everbody of that fact every five seconds.

redsfanmia
05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
It's true, he played the game and we all know it. The problem is that he has to remind everbody of that fact every five seconds.

Thats his schitch he is actually a very nice man.

dsmith421
05-19-2007, 07:57 PM
You're so right. You don't get to the majors unless you're best on every team you've been on. I guarantee you Jimmy Haynes and Eric Milton were always their team's studs all the way up through to the majors. Milton's a good athlete, too. He can hit. Ridicule him all you want, he did something most never do, he made the big leagues and had a few good years.

Good for him. I never want to see him in red and white again though. I'm sure I was the stud wanna-be-lawyer in my high school class, doesn't mean I'm worth a crap.