PDA

View Full Version : Why would the Reds use their best promotion of the year...

Farney
05-20-2007, 01:33 AM
on a game that will probably be a sell-out anyway? Im talking about Bronson Arroyo hat night. This game is on a Friday night against the Indians. The way I see it, besides opening day, this game would of been the highest attended of the year anyway. Wouldnt it of made more sense to have this promotion against a ho-hum opponent during the week where they could of actually used the attendance boost?

reds1869
05-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Perhaps they are trying to sway fans from Central Ohio or elsewhere who live in "no-man's land" and can swing to either the Tribe or the Reds as their #1 team. There are always a lot of those at this series and many of them have just about split loyalties.

BCubb2003
05-20-2007, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the sponsor of the promotion asks for a big-crowd night.

Topcat
05-21-2007, 07:13 AM
on a game that will probably be a sell-out anyway? Im talking about Bronson Arroyo hat night. This game is on a Friday night against the Indians. The way I see it, besides opening day, this game would of been the highest attended of the year anyway. Wouldnt it of made more sense to have this promotion against a ho-hum opponent during the week where they could of actually used the attendance boost?

Kitty:D If you are reading this thread I was hoping this and the jersey night of Brandon phillips are the request I was hoping to send you $$$$ to get me these items on.

44Magnum
05-21-2007, 12:35 PM
You would think they would save B.A. hat night for a weekday game against MIL or someone like that.

rotnoid
05-21-2007, 04:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the sponsor of the promotion asks for a big-crowd night.

That certainly makes sense. Let's not forget the Indians series was also part of the power pack promotion from the beginning of the year. This might have a bearing on this decision as well. Why not further reward those that shelled out the money for 11 games up front by upping their resale value?

mole44
05-21-2007, 06:06 PM
Whats so special about said hat? I have not seen it, what makes it an "arroyo" hat?

HumnHilghtFreel
05-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Whats so special about said hat? I have not seen it, what makes it an "arroyo" hat?

I'm guessing maybe it has long hair?

BurgervilleBuck
05-21-2007, 11:06 PM
on a game that will probably be a sell-out anyway? Im talking about Bronson Arroyo hat night. This game is on a Friday night against the Indians.
Because that's my wife's and my 15th wedding anniversary and, damnit, I've got to get her something.

justincredible
05-21-2007, 11:08 PM
I'll be at the game but if I get in the gates soon enough to get one I will be throwing that thing on ebay.

NatiRedGals
05-22-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm guessing maybe it has long hair?

Bronson Arroyo Cap Night presented by FSN Ohio Free Bronson Arroyo cap complete with blond hair to the first 20,000 fans in attendance. 20,000 fans THIS OHIO RIVALRY GAME, BETWEEN THE REDS & THE INDIANS

Farney
05-22-2007, 01:19 AM
If you watch the games on FSN they have a commercial for the Bronson Arroyo bobblehead night with other players wearing, what Im assuming, is the hat they are going to give away.

robmadden1
05-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Here's the hat: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/images/schedule/2007/arroyo_hat.jpg

sonny
05-22-2007, 02:02 AM
Here's the hat: http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/images/schedule/2007/arroyo_hat.jpg

sharp. However, i noticed no hair coming out of the sides of the hat giving the appearance of a mullet. Oh, well you'll be amongst Cleveland fans so you'll fit right in

BURN!:mooner: