PDA

View Full Version : it's official ...

flyer85
05-20-2007, 04:18 PM
apathy has set in for me. I have tickets for next Saturday and right now I have no desire to go watch this team.

butlerbulldogs
05-20-2007, 04:23 PM
i will go get the bronson bobblhead on Wednesday, but not really interested in a titanic struggle between baseball's two worst teams

killuminati35
05-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Slightly off topic, but is it just me or is Adam Dunn striking out a lot, even for Adam Dunn. I haven't run the numbers, but it seems like he is on pace to shatter his previous highs...

HumnHilghtFreel
05-20-2007, 04:43 PM
Slightly off topic, but is it just me or is Adam Dunn striking out a lot, even for Adam Dunn. I haven't run the numbers, but it seems like he is on pace to shatter his previous highs...

60 through 154 AB's or one every 2.5 AB's

Last year he was at one every 2.8 AB's, so they're up slightly from last year.

I(heart)Freel
05-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Good topic.

Will be interesting to see what hard core fans (and yes if you visit a forum called RedsZone you are automatically a hard core fan) do this week. Go to the games? Still tune in? Or slowly check out mentally?

Me? I'm blessed with tickets to 3 games after that stinky roadtrip.

Ugh. I'm not apathetic yet. But I'm certainly worn out.

And I guarantee it will be hard to find a buddy to go with me to the games, save Bronson bobblehead night.

Wonder if they'll crack 13,000 tonight.

BurgervilleBuck
05-21-2007, 09:52 AM
We're going to the June 8th game for our anniversary (my wife is a Reds fan, too). While apathy hasn't set it, I am, at this point, rooting for chaos as I want to see how bad things will get before someone screams "Hold! Enough!".

George Anderson
05-21-2007, 10:02 AM
I am looking forward to my first trip to GABP this year. I'm dissapointed as anyone that he Reds really stink this year but I still get alot of enjoyment going to a ballgame whether the Reds are good or not.

How's the old saying go...It's better to spend a day at the ballpark than watching soccer.

durl
05-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Loss after loss is beginning to take it's toll on me, I have to admit. I hate to feel this way, I really do.

I still hold out hope that they'll turn things around soon. People would say that this is a pitiful team but I believe they're much better than the way they're playing.

rotnoid
05-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm probably going to lay off TV and radio for awhile, but I'll never pass up a chance to go to GABP. There's just something about the atmosphere that transcends the team on the field. It's obviously much better when they're winning, but basebal is still baseball.