Redskinalum02
05-22-2007, 02:40 PM
http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Degenerate39
05-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Hopefully Hamilton is okay and it's glad to have Edwin back

texasdave
05-22-2007, 02:46 PM
EdE!!!! EdE!!!! EdE!!!! It doesn't usually take much to give a baseball fan hope. Edwin's recall coupled with the Reds comeback win last night has the sun shining a little brighter. :)

captainmorgan07
05-22-2007, 03:02 PM
hopefully hamilton is alright have prolly just needs a few days to get his strength back gastroentitis sucks the energy right out of you hopefully Edwin can continue his hot hitting in AAA next question is will he be in the lineup tonite i say yes

Screwball
05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
As bummed as I am to hear Hammy on the DL, I'm just as excited to see EdE coming back up after absolutely demolishing AAA pitching. Hopefully he can play like we're all know he's capable of up in the bigs.

mroby85
05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
do you think edwin will be in the lineup tonight?

rotnoid
05-22-2007, 03:14 PM
According to Lance's blog, the move is retroactive to Saturday. Couple weeks off might do him some good. In addition, hopefully it will help him avoid the late season tired streak we all know was going to come from a guy that's been out of the game for years.

AtomicDumpling
05-22-2007, 03:21 PM
A DL stint for gastroenteritis? Am I the only one that feels there may be something else going on? This seems fishy to me.

I am glad to have Encarnacion back on the team. It was painful to watch Castro and Hopper in the starting lineup. I guess we will be back to the Opening Day lineup now with Freel in centerfield for two weeks.

Razor Shines
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
A DL stint for gastroenteritis? Am I the only one that feels there may be something else going on? This seems fishy to me.

I am glad to have Encarnacion back on the team. It was painful to watch Castro and Hopper in the starting lineup. I guess we will be back to the Opening Day lineup now with Freel in centerfield for two weeks.

I think maybe they are using this as excuse to be able to get Hamilton some time down in the minors. I think because he is on the DL they can have him do a rehab stint down there, and that would probably be good for him. That's just what I think, I could be wrong.

CySeymour
05-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Naw...from what I understand it can take a week or so to recover from this. So basically the team can DL him for a couple of weeks and get EE back up here. Plus with the rehab stint, Hamilton will a lot of at bats in Louisville to get his stroke back. I say good move by the Reds.

JLB5
05-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Well, I think you just answered your own "something fishy" comment. They probably wanted to get Edwin back up but didn't really want to send anybody down. Hamilton's illness gave them and out just like Burton's hammy earlier in the year.

Dracodave
05-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, I think you just answered your own "something fishy" comment. They probably wanted to get Edwin back up but didn't really want to send anybody down. Hamilton's illness gave them and out just like Burton's hammy earlier in the year.

Burtons hammy gave them an out to get his some expierence in Double A/Triple A (I forget where he went).

Hamilton's illness will get him the same time in the minors and the rest he needs, plus a few days out of the spotlight to relax abit...Mentally.

Thats just my two cents though.

HumnHilghtFreel
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Good to see him back with the big club. Hopefully he's actually in the lineup now.

44Magnum
05-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Good for Edwin.
Get well soon J.H.

Razor Shines
05-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Good to see him back with the big club. Hopefully he's actually in the lineup now.

He was in the lineup before and he's in the lineup tonight.

reds44
05-22-2007, 05:34 PM
Good to see him back. At least they didn't compound the bad move to send him to AAA.

Hopefully we see him hit like he did last year and give the club a boost.

reds44
05-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Btw, EE's playing 3rd and batting 7th tonight.

boognish
05-22-2007, 05:50 PM
I'd like to see him higher in the order against the lefty, but I'll settle for just welcoming him back...hopefully for good. The Reds need above league average production at third from him for the next few years.

bounty37h
05-22-2007, 06:06 PM
I think maybe they are using this as excuse to be able to get Hamilton some time down in the minors. I think because he is on the DL they can have him do a rehab stint down there, and that would probably be good for him. That's just what I think, I could be wrong.

That likely could be it, but I also had this a few weeks back, and holy crap, I have never felt so bad in my entire life. I woke up at 4:am, and my wife had me at the hospital a couple hours alter, as I thought I was really dying. Took me a while to recover, get energy back, and thats for a job where I sit all day, not haivng to run around, etc...

bounty37h
05-22-2007, 06:07 PM

You do know he was in the lineup more then any other Red before he was demoted, dont you?

reds44
05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
You do know he was in the lineup more then any other Red before he was demoted, dont you?
That's not true. I know for a fact Phillips and Dunn were in there more then him. I'm not saying Dunn and BP don't belong playing more then him, I just no that he wasn't playing the most.

Razor Shines
05-22-2007, 06:39 PM

Yeah that's not true, he was I think 4th or 5th. But the point I have made in the past is that he was starting regularly.

reds44
05-22-2007, 07:01 PM
More from the big man:

So, Josh isn't here -- Katzowitz or Hamilton. Jerry and Wayne said it was pretty much a precautionary measure.

They were both impressed with the way Edwin Encarnacion handled himself well with his trip to Louisville. Edwin was happy to be back.

Will get you more when I transcribe.

Anyway, here's a kinda trivia question of sort. Wayne said he was disappointed in all the stories, he didn't see a mention of his unsung hero from last night. And then he quizzed us to see who he was talking about. Who do you think it is?

Natty Redlocks
05-22-2007, 07:03 PM
At least this should cure the Castro-enteritis that's been afflicting the lineup

JLB5
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
At least this should cure the Castro-enteritis that's been afflicting the lineup

:jump:

HumnHilghtFreel
05-22-2007, 07:41 PM

I wasn't talking about anything previous, I was simply trying to say that I hope he's in the lineup... which I've been told that he will be.

DTCromer
05-23-2007, 08:40 PM
I think it's obvious we should never send EE down to Louisville again.

He'll always been a decent hitter, but his fielding will never improve down there so what's the point?