SS-Rafael Furcal
SP-Chris Capuano

I give up-
SS-Jose Reyes
SP-Ervin Santana
RP-Jeremy Accardo
SP-Bronson Arroyo
SP-Homer Bailey*

While I hated giving up Reyes, I think Furcal is starting to heat up and can at least replace the SB production in Reyes. He also is batting second in the order which means more chances for RBI. I also wanted a keeper third baseman for the future, and Wright fits the bill. I have Troy Glaus as well, but I wanted to try and dangle him for a starter, but he can play SS if needed.

I'm starting to think Santana is not going to be that good, and Accardo may be good for only this year. The reason I was willing to give up on Bailey is because fantasywise, I didn't want to risk his development in GABP.

Thoughts?

Dom Heffner
05-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Ervin Santana is absolutely awful, so any deal where you can unload him is a good one.

Doesn't look too bad to me. I'm not sure about giving up Reyes and Bailey, but I think you did well. Furcal can get super hot and Capuano plays for a pretty good team in Milwaukee, so not too shabby.

Wright's power outage scared me, so hopefully this is the real Wrigth we are seeing.

REDblooded
05-24-2007, 11:32 PM
honestly? you got hosed..........and Furcal replacing the SB production lost from Reyes..................man....i kinda feel bad for you. that really is an awful trade for you. You lose the top, young player at a thin position for a solid player at a deep position, and an aging guy who's game is based on speed. Also, you give up some great arms for capuano, who isn't that great. no bueno.............

camisadelgolf
05-25-2007, 03:48 AM
I think this is a bad deal.

TeamSelig
05-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Not sure that I like this trade for you. Reyes is by far the best player in the trade.

Benihana
05-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Sorry but I don't like it for you either.

Capuano and Arroyo are about equal in my book. So that makes the deal

Reyes
Santana
Accardo
Bailey

for

Wright
Furcal

I would think that Reyes for Wright and Furcal is about fair, so you basically gave up Homer, Accardo and Santana for nothing. I don't think Santana is going to be all that but he's not as bad as he's been so far this year- you might be selling the low there. Accardo we'll see on, but I would think Homer would be worth something decent in a keeper league.

WVRed
05-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Sorry but I don't like it for you either.

Capuano and Arroyo are about equal in my book. So that makes the deal

Reyes
Santana
Accardo
Bailey

for

Wright
Furcal

I would think that Reyes for Wright and Furcal is about fair, so you basically gave up Homer, Accardo and Santana for nothing. I don't think Santana is going to be all that but he's not as bad as he's been so far this year- you might be selling the low there. Accardo we'll see on, but I would think Homer would be worth something decent in a keeper league.

In my eyes, I think I made the best choice in selling Arroyo now. His value likely will never be what it was and I think Narron has ruined him. With the same approach, I don't know that Bailey, like any Reds pitcher, can be successful at Great American.

I'm trying to look at this from an objective and unbiased angle, that being why I unloaded the two Reds. I still have Aaron Harang, but he does have a good record plus decent strikeout numbers.

Santana may come back to bite me, but Accardo I see as a one year fix(if that) until BJ Ryan comes back.

Just to show you my judgment on trades, I acquired Homer Bailey for Ryan Howard last year during the offseason. That of course was before Howard exploded and won MVP. At the time I had Prince Fielder coming up, so I think it somewhat worked out.:)

NorrisHopper30
05-28-2007, 11:04 PM
This is a good trade in my book. You might get a steal if Arroyo has another bad start or is found to be injured.

camisadelgolf
05-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Is everyone keeping in mind that this is a keeper league and that he traded Homer Bailey?