PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton update!!

WVPacman
05-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Outfielder Josh Hamilton was in the clubhouse and said he was feeling much better.

"I'm probably about 90, 95 percent, a lot better," he said.

Hamilton was placed on the disabled list Tuesday, suffering from gastroenteritis.

He was going to meet with Dr. Tim Kremchek and trainer Mark Mann later Thursday to come up with a plan on when he can resume baseball activities.

Once Hamilton is fully healthy, he probably will be sent out on a minor-league stint to sharpen his skills.

mroby85
05-26-2007, 02:39 AM
wow, i'm surprised he'll do a minor league stint. i would think they'd want him back sooner rather than later.

WVPacman
05-27-2007, 12:22 AM
wow, i'm surprised he'll do a minor league stint. i would think they'd want him back sooner rather than later.

Heres another update on Hamilton!!! When a Rule 5 player goes on the disabled list, it sometimes is viewed as a chance to get him 30 days in the minors and not waste a roster spot.

That's not the case with Josh Hamilton.

"I'll tell you what, we really miss him in the lineup," Narron said.

Hamilton probably will rejoin the club June 5 in St. Louis. He's eligible to come off the DL June 3, the last game of the series in Colorado.

Hamilton might join Triple-A Louisville for some at-bats when he's feeling up to it.

The Bats go to Charlotte for a four-game series next week.

"I'm sure the people down there will be doing cartwheels to have Josh Hamilton come down to get some at-bats," Narron said.