PDA

View Full Version : Junior on the Market?

Royals Fan
05-27-2007, 08:50 AM
From Today's MLB Rumors.

That several baseball executives expect those old Ken Griffey Jr.-to-the-White Sox trade talks to pick up again this summer as the Reds continues to sink in the standings. But a few believe it could actually be the Red Sox who end up making a play for the future Hall of Fame center fielder. He'd be a downgrade defensively from Coco Crisp, but he'd certainly solidify an already strong Boston lineup.

Any thoughts?

BEETTLEBUG
05-27-2007, 09:12 AM
For what?

redsfanmia
05-27-2007, 09:20 AM
I hope for Juniors sake that he gets dealt.

Royals Fan
05-27-2007, 09:35 AM
I think with the White Sox could be OF Brian Anderson and or prospects in the Minors. Red Sox most like be one of top pitching propsects. Just my opinioned on the deal/.

hebroncougar
05-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I think with the White Sox could be OF Brian Anderson and or prospects in the Minors. Red Sox most like be one of top pitching propsects. Just my opinioned on the deal/.

I wouldn't touch Brian Anderson. He's been horrific offensively. I shoot for Salamantachhia from the Braves if I'm dealing Jr.

NorrisHopper30
05-27-2007, 11:29 AM
What the heck...the Red Sox are like 18 games over .500 I highly doubt they'll trade for him.

Trade him to the braves for Salty

DTCromer
05-27-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a feeling that the idea of Jr. for Saltamuchiakdiakfhaid to the Braves is highly unlikely considering most Reds fans are calling for it.

Dracodave
05-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I have a feeling that the idea of Jr. for Saltamuchiakdiakfhaid to the Braves is highly unlikely considering most Reds fans are calling for it.

Atleast it isn't the dreaded and now feared Kyle Davies rumors. If trade Griffey, I hope it is to Boston, The Mets or the Yankees. Let him play on a team that can win, and let him get his ring. Screw it. He'll get nothing but crap handed to him here. Broken promises, badly constructed teams, and a$$h0|e fan's who just want to screw with him.

BucksandReds
05-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Just get something OK for him. If were going to get nothing then I'd rather see him break 600 and maybe 660 in a Reds uni. A very good catcher or Pitching prospect would do it for me.

Razor Shines
05-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I don't see it. We're not getting Salty, or anything near as good as him for that matter. If Jr. is traded it will be basically for nothing and we'll still be paying some of his salary, IMO. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for some really good prospects but I don't see it happening. I'd rather keep him.

harangatang
05-28-2007, 12:23 AM
I don't see it. We're not getting Salty, or anything near as good as him for that matter. If Jr. is traded it will be basically for nothing and we'll still be paying some of his salary, IMO. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for some really good prospects but I don't see it happening. I'd rather keep him.Junior's salary isn't that much anymore especially if he is producing like he has this year. With a good GM I don't see why the Reds couldn't only defer his salary but get something of value in return as well. Notice I said a good GM so you never know what will happen if this yearly saga actually pans out.

Natty Redlocks
05-28-2007, 12:40 AM
I hope for Juniors sake that he gets dealt.
I have to admit I'm getting irritated hearing this lately. The guy was great in Seattle but came here and was largely a washout due to injuries. I've been hoping for the Reds' sake for years that they could find someone dumb enough to take him. Now that he's healthy and producing (aka actually somewhat tradeable), the idea that he's somehow too good for the team that he's been screwing for years is a bit much. He needs to rot here with us, he deserves it.

WVPacman
05-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Guys I have said this for four years now and im going to say it again.I was very excited to see Jr getting traded to the Reds.I had always wanted him to play for my team.After the trade I kept getting more aggravated with his play and injurys which was'nt his fault.With every year that passed the injurys kept adding up and his stats was going down.I kept saying will next year he will be back and the season after that,and the season after that.Well guys I ran out of chances and I think its past time he should go.

He is playing the best ball right now since along time and I feel if we could get some decent players back for him then pull the trigger.Face it guys he needs a new start and we diffiently do.So to be honest with you guys I hope a trade happens so our young players can get more chances.

jimbo
05-28-2007, 01:25 AM
I just don't get into the whole idea of let's trade this guy or that guy. To me, every player on the team is tradeable if you can get a good return. If they can work out a trade for Junior and it helps the team over the long-term then have at it. But trading him just to trade him isn't good practice.

The only guy close to untradeable in my eyes is Hamilton. He is the type of talent you want to build a team around. Having said that though, if someone comes up with an offer too good to refuse......trade him.

WVPacman
05-28-2007, 01:30 AM
I just don't get into the whole idea of let's trade this guy or that guy. To me, every player on the team is tradeable if you can get a good return. If they can work out a trade for Junior and it helps the team over the long-term then have at it. But trading him just to trade him isn't good practice.

The only guy close to untradeable in my eyes is Hamilton. He is the type of talent you want to build a team around. Having said that though, if someone comes up with an offer too good to refuse......trade him.

Another reason I would like to see him traded is b/c I think he could restart his career on the right path.just my opinion

jimbo
05-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Another reason I would like to see him traded is b/c I think he could restart his career on the right path.just my opinion

I'd love to see Junior get a WS ring and if it means it will be with another team then so be it. There's been times when I wished he was traded to a team whose fans would appreciate him more. But at the same, you have to do what's best for the team first. If you are going to trade him, you better get a good return.

I know one thing, something has to change because as an avid fan I can't handle watching many more games like today. Today's game was just a complete joke and downright embarrassing. :help:

WVPacman
05-28-2007, 01:37 AM
I'd love to see Junior get a WS ring and if it means it will be with another team then so be it. There's been times when I wished he was traded to a team whose fans would appreciate him more. But at the same, you have to do what's best for the team first. If you are going to trade him, you better get a good return.

I know one thing, something has to change because as an avid fan I can't handle watching many more games like today. Today's game was just a complete joke and downright embarrassing. :help:

Exactly and I agree!!

uks2h
05-28-2007, 01:51 AM
WHY would you trade a guy who is about to hit #600? Only 4 guys have done that. Why not let the 6th be a Red? (because Sammy is obviously gonna hit his before Griffey.) What are you people thinking? Oh, I know. Let's blame Griffey who has 2nd best batting average on the team for all the losses our pitching has caused.

WVPacman
05-28-2007, 01:56 AM
WHY would you trade a guy who is about to hit #600? Only 4 guys have done that. Why not let the 6th be a Red? (because Sammy is obviously gonna hit his before Griffey.) What are you people thinking? Oh, I know. Let's blame Griffey who has 2nd best batting average on the team for all the losses our pitching has caused.

We are'nt blaming Griffey,we agree hes the best player on the team as of now.We just want to see him on a better team with a better opurtunity of winning a ring.We are saying we would ONLY trade him if the price is right for us and thats it.I really do think him going to play for another team would get his career restarted b/c lets face it he has'nt lived up to what we thought he would when we traded for him

sonny
05-28-2007, 04:38 AM
Whether its this year, or next, or the last of his career. Thinking of Junior playing for another team makes me want to appreciate the time that he is here all the more.

DannyB
05-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Wayne traded a #1 pick and an all-star shortstop for guys that don't play.
Wonder what he would give up a hall of famer for?

durl
05-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Wayne traded a #1 pick and an all-star shortstop for guys that don't play.
Wonder what he would give up a hall of famer for?

We shouldn't get caught up in that All-Star SS discussion. He's definitely not All-Star caliber any longer.