PDA

View Full Version : Heck of a job by Matty Belisle tonite

captainmorgan07
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
heck of an effort for belilse tonite 7 2/3 8k's and 105 pitches way to bounce back from that horrible start last time out when he is good like this tonite he can be a very good 3rd or 4th starter for years to come

UC_Ken
05-29-2007, 10:34 PM
1. Harang
2. Arroyo
3. Bailey
4. Belisle

We're going to be a heck of a lot better in 2008 than people realize.

Ben
05-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I'd really like to see the Reds make a play for Paul Byrd to fill the 5th spot in the rotation next year. I live closer to Cleveland than I do Cincinnati, so I get ample coverage of the Tribe and Byrd has been very good so far this year. As long as the dollars aren't absurd, I'd have no problem with Krivsky signing Byrd to a 2/3 year deal

Betterread
05-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Belisle has been really good in some outings this year. He has shown enough to me that he belongs in the rotation.

TC81190
05-29-2007, 10:56 PM
1. Harang
2. Arroyo
3. Bailey
4. Belisle

I thought that this year too. :(

KYRed
05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Great effort by Belise tonight. Stormy gave the city a collective heart attack tonight at the end but congrats to the Reds on the first winning streak of the month!

TC81190
05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
I'd really like to see the Reds make a play for Paul Byrd to fill the 5th spot in the rotation next year. I live closer to Cleveland than I do Cincinnati, so I get ample coverage of the Tribe and Byrd has been very good so far this year. As long as the dollars aren't absurd, I'd have no problem with Krivsky signing Byrd to a 2/3 year deal

I'd rather take Livingston or whoever else they'll bring in by next year. I would be OK with Byrd most other times, but our rotation seems to be OK now.

Betterread
05-29-2007, 11:01 PM
I think Mike Gosling has improved this year and the Reds should give him another shot at the #5 spot.

bucksfan2
05-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Belisle is too inconsistant. He have looked very good in starts and very pedestrian in others. He needs to pitch good for a number of starts before im on the bandwagon.

hebroncougar
05-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Belisle is too inconsistant. He have looked very good in starts and very pedestrian in others. He needs to pitch good for a number of starts before im on the bandwagon.

That's why he'll be an OK #4. It's important to realize as well, injury has to be a concern for Belisle with the way his back has been the last couple of years, so, at least for this year, I'd rarely let him go over 100 pitches.

hebroncougar
05-30-2007, 08:38 AM
1. Harang
2. Arroyo
3. Bailey
4. Belisle

Not until we get a consistent bullpen we won't be. The starting pitching, for the most part, has been solid (up until this past week), and look at our record for this year.

eastkyred
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
If they don't resign Dunn, they will have $20 mil to spend. I'd like to see them add a #3 to go with Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, and Belisle.

hebroncougar
05-30-2007, 09:32 AM
If they don't resign Dunn, they will have $20 mil to spend. I'd like to see them add a #3 to go with Harang, Arroyo, Bailey, and Belisle.

IMO, Bailey will slide in there just fine, and he's cheap (for now). :D

eastkyred
05-30-2007, 09:58 AM
IMO, Bailey will slide in there just fine, and he's cheap (for now). :D

He may, I'm just saying with the extra money they would have to spend in the offseason, SP could be a big boost if they got another good arm to go with those 4. (I'm not suggesting they spend the whole $20 mil on one)

roby
05-30-2007, 01:59 PM
He may, I'm just saying with the extra money they would have to spend in the offseason, SP could be a big boost if they got another good arm to go with those 4. (I'm not suggesting they spend the whole $20 mil on one)

I gotta agree with eastky here. If the Reds could land a really good #3 (or 2,1) to plug into this rotation, it would be excellent. The bullpen is another story.

BuckeyeRed27
05-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Our starting pitching is good enough to win us the central. Obviously this is nothing new and has been discussed at length, but the bullpen is just brutual.

The funny thing about this team is we can't seem to get all of the pieces right at the same time. A few years ago our pen was fantastic but the starting pitching was awful. So we made some upgrades there but then out offense wasn't quite there and so on and so on.